ADVERTISEMENT

Page 278 of 538 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 10760

Thread: Abec 11 Updates

Mad Scientist I Support The Fish
    Addicted Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Abec 11 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood thief View Post
    Read my post a few pages back where I say I never purchased Centrax, that post was hypothetical. I just want to see what Chris has to say ...

I've heard lots of people saying this. The thing is no one gave me any reasoning as to why they rock. They just DO apparantly. Chris has showed us the science behind why they should work, but the thing is, they don't.

You mean the professional skaters that could win those same races on clay wheels? Gee who would have thought....
    The more you speak, the more you sound like a complete moron.

The very first thing that you said here was, "Hi so I got Centrax." Then four of your posts later after everyone calls you out on your bull$#!+ you decide to backpedal and say, "... my whole Centrax post was poorly written and completely hypothetical. I don't own Centrax ..."

You then proceed to ignore all of the evidence that clearly indicates that Centrax wheels excel in their intended use. Let me break it down for you. K-Rimes is fast. He's this year's champion. He beat everyone including Mischo in straight-line rolling in Brazil this year. He's won on technical courses and in aero/draft intensive races. He doesn't use clay wheels. As a matter of fact he used a brand new set of urethane wheels for the finals at Maryhill. Maryhill is the LONGEST race course on the IGSA circuit. There are many turns - it's not just a draft festival. If you have the right wheels just about every turn can be taken without anything more than an airbrake. The wrong wheels can force you to brake more or put you in the hay. Zak is also a great racer. He won at Maryhill, in part, because the 77mm Centrax wheel that he and two other finalists were using can corner better than other wheels. They're fast and they provide incredible traction. Period.
    Last edited by ChrisChaput; 11-30-2010 at 07:29 PM.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question...
    I've always thought of Flywheels (whatever the size) being the absolute fastest wheels on straight out here for now...
    Why do people don't try getting a speed world record on these rather than bigzigs or Centrax?
    Like for Teutonia for exemple? I know there is a corener that requires quite a bit of traction, but I just can't imagine Centrax and their huge contact patch being faster than Flys on anything straight... Same thing goes for Rist...
    (I've only tried Niko's Centrax on Camilien Houde (top challenge) once... Don't have any)

(Just saying that after spending a day with Niko on a relatively slow straight line, a noticing the absolute fastest wheel was a flywheel 90mm, being 4km/h faster than a yellow bigzig (63km/h on the bigzig, 67km/h with the Fly, same starting point, same push and no wind at all)
    PS: We did MANY runs, not just one... Fly's were just quite a lot faster than anything else.
    Last edited by *SWEET*; 11-30-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    Restless Boards|| Tachyon Helmet Cameras

==La Baule Crashing Crew==
    Keep on Crashing... Keep on Learning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChaput View Post
    The more you speak, the more you sound like a complete moron.

The very first thing that you said here was, "Hi so I got Centrax." Then four of your posts later after everyone calls you out on your bull$#!+ you decide to backpedal and say, "... my whole Centrax post was poorly written and completely hypothetical. I don't own Centrax ..."

You then proceed to ignore all of the evidence that clearly indicates that Centrax wheels excel in their intended use. Let me break it down for you. K-Rimes is fast. He's this year's champion. He beat everyone including Mischo in straight-line rolling in Brazil this year. He's won on technical courses and in aero/draft intensive races. He doesn't use clay wheels. As a matter of fact he used a brand new set of urethane wheels for the finals at Maryhill. Maryhill is the LONGEST race course on the IGSA circuit. There are many turns - it's not just a draft festival. If you have the right wheels just about every turn can be taken without anything more than an airbrake. The wrong wheels can force you to brake more or put you in the hay. Zack is also a great racer. He won at Maryhill, in part, because the 77mm Centrax wheel that he and two other finalists were using can corner better than other wheels. They're fast and they provide incredible traction. Period.
    I'm "now under moderation radar" so I'm gonna try and argue this in the most civil way possible....

I don't see how Zak having a great run at Maryhill amounts to any proof. All it says is that Zak can skate. They also aren't "fast" in relation to other wheels; *SWEET*'s right, Fly's are faster. They may be really fcuking grippy, but there's more to a wheel then grip grip grip. The Centrax design looks like you just looked for the grippiest shape possible and ignored any other aspects that should go into making a wheel like that.

upper spruce>interstate>lower switchback>flukeys woods!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the professional skaters that could win those same races on clay wheels? Gee who would have thought....
    yeah but they choose to do it on these wheels... do you know why? because they work. dysfunctional isnt the word you are looking for my friend...
    we got to find a sharper blade... or have a new one made

Quote Originally Posted by enemy combatant View Post
    The government has no business telling people what they can or can not ingest. You folks who favor banning it are a bunch of fascists

Straight Outta Compton I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosewood just stop.

Your sounding like a complete idiot and chappy calling you it is even worse. Your not gonna win with your point. Chris has been skating for longer than you were alive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude!
    That was the whole point of Centrax.
    Grip grip grip, and nothing else in mind.

I don't even know why I bothered.
    You're just trolling.

Mad Scientist I Support The Fish
    Addicted Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm "now under moderation radar" so I'm gonna try and argue this in the most civil way possible....

I don't see how Zak having a great run at Maryhill amounts to any proof. All it says is that Zak can skate. They also aren't "fast" in relation to other wheels; *SWEET*'s right, Fly's are faster. They may be really fcuking grippy, but there's more to a wheel then grip grip grip. The Centrax design looks like you just looked for the grippiest shape possible and ignored any other aspects that should go into making a wheel like that.
    Do you TRY to sound this stupid, or does it just come naturally to you?

Zak didn't have "one great run" at Maryhill. He was killing it all day long and he beat every single rider there. Zak isn't paid to ride Centrax - he has his own wheel brand. He rides them becaus they give him the best chance to win. Duh! Zen was also killing it and won the consi. They qualified 2nd and 3rd. Scoot and Joel also qualified well and made the finals. All were on Centrax. Mischo won the entire 2009 season on Centrax.

You're going sit there and pretend that Centrax aren't fast - only grippy? They qualified 1st and went over 71mph in Brazil.

I make wheels for speed. I make wheels for traction. I make wheels for sliding. I make wheels that last longer. I make wheels in different formulas and in different durometers. I make wheels that combine and balance many of these characteristics. Not every wheel is for every application. This is why longboarders have quivers. And that is why I make more great longboard wheels than anyone on the planet. Centrax are but one of the many great wheel choices that skaters have today and I'm proud to be the man behind them.

Straight Outta Compton I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is why I make more great longboard wheels than anyone on the planet.
    Damn Straight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never skated centrax. But from experiance, I can tell you this. Flys may be faster in straights, but there's more to a race than the straights. A lot of a race is won or lost in corners and turns. If you can grip a tighter line, with out having to slow down before hand, you will be faster.
    "So when you see us laughing its a sign of self defense,
    a mirror for the madness that replaces common sense..."

No Gods, No Managers

GHOTI LONGBOARDS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zak didn't have "one great run" at Maryhill. He was killing it all day long and he beat every single rider there. Zak isn't paid to ride Centrax - he has his own wheel brand. He rides them becaus they give him the best chance to win. Duh! Zen was also killing it and won the consi. They qualified 2nd and 3rd. Scoot and Joel also qualified well and made the finals. All were on Centrax. Mischo won the entire 2009 season on Centrax.

You're going sit there and pretend that Centrax aren't fast - only grippy? They qualified 1st and went over 71mph in Brazil.

I make wheels for speed. I make wheels for traction. I make wheels for sliding. I make wheels that last longer. I make wheels in different formulas and in different durometers. I make wheels that combine and balance many of these characteristics. Not every wheel is for every application. This is why longboarders have quivers. And that is why I make more great longboard wheels than anyone on the planet. Centrax are but one of the many great wheel choices that skaters have today and I'm proud to be the man behind them.
    Still would like to know if you think Centrax are faster than flys on a pure straight line?
    If you do, why would they? (they are the only wheels we didnt try during that day of top speed testing as niko didnt have a set at the time.)
    PS: I'm realy talking about absolute STRAIGHT runs... No sweepers or curve whatsoever

La mesa, Ca, USA, NorAmerica, Earth, Solar System
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *SWEET* View Post
    Still would like to know if you think Centrax are faster than flys on a pure straight line?
    If you do, why would they? (they are the only wheels we didnt try during that day of top speed testing as niko didnt have a set at the time.)
    from what ive heard. the faster wheel is really narrow.
    inline rollerskate wheels should be some of the fastest. but no grip.

this was heard from an older guy who used to skate and slalom. he told me about his board he used to have and how it was way fast since it had inline wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile_High_Mark View Post
    Ya know, nothing is cooler than having to be spoon fed and being relegated to diapers because of a head injury.
    Longboarding is fun, Keep it that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skatermansam View Post
    from what ive heard. the faster wheel is really narrow.
    inline rollerskate wheels should be some of the fastest. but no grip.

this was heard from an older guy who used to skate and slalom. he told me about his board he used to have and how it was way fast since it had inline wheels.
    Nah, it's more of a combination of different stuff, including deformation of the urethane at speed... Flys hhave a relatively "normal" contact patch but very small deformation at high speed due the size of the hub and the "stiffer" (no rebound) original Abec11 urethane. That's how I see it though...
    I've tried rollerblade wheels on a skateboard (4 wheels per trucks, good wheels...etc) and it's slower. Not bad in the rain though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *SWEET* View Post
    Nah, it's more of a combination of different stuff, including deformation of the urethane at speed... Flys hhave a relatively "normal" contact patch but very small deformation at high speed due the size of the hub and the "stiffer" (no rebound) original Abec11 urethane. That's how I see it though...
    I've tried rollerblade wheels on a skateboard (4 wheels per trucks, good wheels...etc) and it's slower. Not bad in the rain though.
    Why don't you wait till you get a pair of Centrax.
    Nothing is better than actually riding, and having solid evidence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was this part of your post really necessary?
    I really don't understand how someone who is obviously very intelligent can act like a child
    Motion Samurai, Crails, 75a Flashies
    Ralston Skateboards Outlaw, Stealths, Phat Rollz
    Ralston Skateboards ICBM, Jim Z, pink 7-0's
    LBL Sea Calf, Indy 215's, EW Smokers
    LBL Bamboo Humu, Tracker darts on nylon plates, red alligators
    Hosoi Hammerhead, Trackers, blank red wheels
    Rural 7.75 Shop, Thunder Lights, ricta supercrystals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jman1365 View Post
    I really don't understand how someone who is obviously very intelligent can act like a child
    You really don't? You're saying you've never flown off the handle before when someone repeatedly attacks your life's work? Something you put all of yourself into? I'm not defending him, but is it really that hard to imagine?
    You are not the light of my life.
    Making you happy isn't my greatest dream.
    Your smile is not all I live for;
    I've got my own stuff going on.
    But you're strange and fascinating
    and I've never met anyone like you.
    I want to give you everything.

Just to see what you would do with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing on this site is necessary. Was it warranted? Heck yea!

Too many have serious mangina issues here. The RT was a prick, and Chis called him out. Done.

--D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    You really don't? You're saying you've never flown off the handle before when someone repeatedly attacks your life's work? Something you put all of yourself into? I'm not defending him, but is it really that hard to imagine?
    I'm just saying that he should handle matters in a more professional way
    I think we've all have heard the saying two wrongs don't make a right
    Motion Samurai, Crails, 75a Flashies
    Ralston Skateboards Outlaw, Stealths, Phat Rollz
    Ralston Skateboards ICBM, Jim Z, pink 7-0's
    LBL Sea Calf, Indy 215's, EW Smokers
    LBL Bamboo Humu, Tracker darts on nylon plates, red alligators
    Hosoi Hammerhead, Trackers, blank red wheels
    Rural 7.75 Shop, Thunder Lights, ricta supercrystals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not necessary.

it's essential.
    note the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just saying that he should handle matters in a more professional way
    this is skateboarding who gives a ****
    RayzorTattoos
    SodaFactory
    PhatDeanz
    Cindrich
    ASSAPS

BEASTCOASTLONGBOARDING

Page 278 of 538 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS