ADVERTISEMENT

Page 466 of 535 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 10699

Thread: Abec 11 Updates

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Abec 11 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by TylerHill View Post
    Just bought two more sets of Flashbacks in 78a. Making these my third and fourth sets. I think I can say these are by far my favorite wheels of all time. Might have to give those 78a Grippins a chance now Snozz
    grippins are awesome awesome wheels. grippier and not quite as smooth as flashies, but once that inner lip gets going these slide so great without getting too far our from under me. the lack of an inner lip on flashies made the deck slip out from under me when i'd go for longer slides. grippins just fit my bill better and even as they wear down they still grip decently well.

my personal favorite was 75a for slopestyle. oh man those were smooth.
    TINKERING WITH YOUR SETUP IS HALF THE FUN OF BOARDING.

"If you are 'faking the funk', you are inherently NOT BONZING" - Big Dave and Austin of the Sunset Sliders and California Bonzing Co.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Addicted Cruiser Backwoodsbomber's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snozzboarder55 View Post
    abec11 has dominated the market for years without any problems. i can afford them this slip up as they have been trying to pump out so many product this past year to keep up with bitching like yours backwoods. Chaput plays most of his projects and products close to the heart and likes to engineer every aspect on his own so he can fully understand what he is doing. there are over 20 wheels in his line, that is 20 separate occasions of losing sleep over a wheels, hoping it is not repeating an existing wheel, and then seeing how he can make that even better. i suggest looking at the evolution of what we now call centrax, the idea of a big grippy abec wheel nearly predates reflex gumballs.

so backwoods, shut up unless you can, without folly, plan every aspect of every wheel and guarantee that someone else's manufacturing techniques make it how you imagined. your post is angry, under informed, and highly speculative... you gathered little data and arrived at the wrong conclusion because you just want so damn badly. i'm not saying Chris is perfect, im sure he's made plenty of mistakes. but i'm not gonna shoot him in the foot like you did so quickly.

ShipWrckedB0nes - yes! 81 grippins are a blast. i like the 78a a bit more, softer wheels just suit me better. but grippins are great wheels and ive enjoyed their availability due to lack of hype so shhhhh!!!! haha
    I know I was being over dramatic, trying to make a point, but Chaput hyped so much sh/t for like a year then turns into a ghost, team riders bounce on him, products don't get released...how long did centerset freerides take? And what other products got released? Snot rockets? "new" shapes of reflex? Then weird abnormalities start happening with products. I probably trust s9 wheels more than any other (wheel) company...is what I was trying to say. I would have said that about abec in the past for sure. Anyway yeah, sorry for spewing hate on Abec...but it's just like...what is going on!?

This thread is incredibly frustrating without Chaput. Where you at? The dogs is barking.
    Murphy

Comet Voodoo D2-Caliber 50's-KM FSU
    Rayne Shark Shark-Caliber 50's-Tweakers
    Madrid David Price-Caliber 44's-Big Zigs (80a)
    Loaded Bhangra-215's-Raceforms (82a)
    Comet Shred 35-Gullwing Pro 3-Seismic Ripplers

Post Thanks / Like

abec11 is a privately owned company. i understand that you want answers, but you paid for wheels and got them; you did not pay for answers and are owed none.

i bet the reason chris is not spotted on here is because he cannot keep up with the complaining. no matter what happens kids (it's an attitude thing not an age thing) are not happy and feel they are owed something. if i was chris i wouldn't know how to separate public relations from informing people they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

as for riders leaving, i heard chris only signs racers to 1 year contracts. which is good for innovation as they branch to other companies and do redesigns.

stick to s9 if they satisfy your riding, i bet chris got into this business for skateboarding and not you.

"If you are 'faking the funk', you are inherently NOT BONZING" - Big Dave and Austin of the Sunset Sliders and California Bonzing Co.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any plan of bringing back 72a flashies? I'd pay big if there was a short run or something.

Post Thanks / Like

abec11 is a privately owned company. i understand that you want answers, but you paid for wheels and got them; you did not pay for answers and are owed none.

i bet the reason chris is not spotted on here is because he cannot keep up with the complaining. no matter what happens kids (it's an attitude thing not an age thing) are not happy and feel they are owed something. if i was chris i wouldn't know how to separate public relations from informing people they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

as for riders leaving, i heard chris only signs racers to 1 year contracts. which is good for innovation as they branch to other companies and do redesigns.

stick to s9 if they satisfy your riding, i bet chris got into this business for skateboarding and not you.
    Now, lets not lower our standards of a company like Abec 11. To say that we aren't owed answers is...a little ridiculous. I know Chris can't answer everyone, and in fact he handled this whole cluster**** quite well, but Abec 11 is a great company. You should expect good customer service with a great company, and I think we receive that(most of the time)from Abec 11.
    Guide To Post-Fintastic Spacer World
    All arrogance aside, you've got a lot of options. Best would be to head over to performancelongboarding.com for spacer sizes .400" to .406", and head to this url, http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Skateboard-Longboard-bearing-spacers-Precision-High-Quality-Made-in-USA-/121107473204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3291 6334 , for .408" spacers. These were what I used to make fintastics -- reliable around .408"-.409".

Post Thanks / Like

nobody is lowering standards of customer service. a business' arm of service does not extend to forums regularly. if you the customer have a problem, take it to the people responsible. not a forum hoping the business sees it then takes action.

anyways it is April 11th now, Happy birthday Chris!

Post Thanks / Like

So he signed TWO year contracts with the Yuppies? Why didn't they leave? Probably because they're being promised pro models and have yet to see through the BS...

I know he doesn't owe me anything personally, but if Abec wants to keep their customers they're going to need some level of transparency. There are so many wheels, bushings and trucks coming out that are just as good as if not better than Abec's products, the thing that set Abec apart was the honesty and transparency of the company. We were willing to deal with the over hyped and constantly delayed product releases because he was here, being real, telling us what was going on, giving us a reason to stay loyal. Now there's no reason not just to substitute tweakers, volentes or butter balls for freerides and venoms or raceforms in place of zigs....going S9 will save you $10-16 on top of that. I don't think there's a better thread to start a "wtf is going on debate" than here.

Also Garrett, you can go fu(k yourself.
    Last edited by Backwoodsbomber; 04-11-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Murphy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodsbomber View Post
    So he signed TWO year contracts with the Yuppies? Why didn't they leave? Probably because they're being promised pro models and have yet to see through the BS...

I know he doesn't owe me anything personally, but if Abec wants to keep their customers they're going to need some level of transparency. There are so many wheels, bushings and trucks coming out that are just as good as if not better than Abec's products, the thing that set Abec apart was the honesty and transparency of the company. We were willing to deal with the over hyped and constantly delayed product releases because he was here, being real, telling us what was going on, giving us a reason to stay loyal. Now there's no reason not just to substitute tweakers, volentes or butter balls for freerides and venoms or raceforms in place of zigs....going S9 will save you $10-16 on top of that. I don't think there's a better thread to start a "wtf is going on debate" than here.

Also Garrett, you can go fu(k yourself.
    That mad over rep deduction? Chill out man. Thanks for spelling my name right but you can't apologize for being over dramatic and then come back over dramatic a second time.

As for your wheel debate tweakers are poop until 60mm butterballs and volante's die in hours. I'm with you on s9 but it has nothing to do with Abec 11 just what I enjoy and can afford.

Powerballs I'm on currently are really fun, like chalk on the pavement.
    COLORADOCOLORADOCOLORADOCOLORADO
    COLORADOCOLORADOCOLROADOCOLORADO
    Venom Bushings
    DB Longboards
    Meta Skateshop
    Organic Hogwash

Addicted Cruiser Emperor.of.Cats's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So ask the "WTF is going on?" question.
    Wait for a reply.
    Move on.

If theres no reason not to buy tweakers, volantes whatever...then just do that.
    I consort with Witches.

O, from this time forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth!

Post Thanks / Like

going out on a limb here but im going to guess that Backwoods:
    1 - does not have his own wheel company or any company of any kind.
    2 - does not understand business enough to predict fluctuation in customer loyalty
    3 - thinks half way through a thought before deciding he is right and running with it
    4 - wants too much

i mean can YOU really know what actions taken by abec11 will seriously hurt there business? no you cannot. Abec11 is not going anywhere, but you should... like to the s9 thread maybe? clearly you have nothing but uneducated and unfounded criticism to pass on in this thread, so you should leave it.
    Last edited by snozzboarder55; 04-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.

What kind of person *are* you? Order of the 'Fish cawlin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let it be known you owe so much of the formation of modern downhill skating to Abec11. Pay some respect to the innovators, yo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCreamer View Post
    That mad over rep deduction? Chill out man. Thanks for spelling my name right but you can't apologize for being over dramatic and then come back over dramatic a second time.

As for your wheel debate tweakers are poop until 60mm butterballs and volante's die in hours. I'm with you on s9 but it has nothing to do with Abec 11 just what I enjoy and can afford.

Powerballs I'm on currently are really fun, like chalk on the pavement.
    Not really mad over the rep, just think you're a d-bag dude.

As for everyone else, get off abec's dick, you know everything I said is true...calling me undereducated or misinformed is bullshit. Let's see how long those blue pinks take...
    Murphy

Post Thanks / Like

As for everyone else, get off abec's dick, you know everything I said is true...calling me undereducated or misinformed is bullshit. Let's see how long those blue pinks take...
    It's pretty clear who's being the d-bag here, and it's certainly not Garrett. With all due respect, your "argument" holds no water, Backwoods...

Post Thanks / Like

everyone else has come to terms with the idea that Abec11 is slow with releasing products. we also know that there are soooooo many other wheels by abec11 that are great, what problem is there in trying those and waiting? now you are bitching about blue powerballs, again you are alone in your complaint right now because less people care about what is new and hip.

nothing in your posts was ground breaking, we all know that honest companies get our buck... but you forgot that proven companies also get the buck. YOU ARE ON HERE COMPLAINING TO DEAF EARS.

unless you have something constructive to say that is based on real facts please leave like i and others said earlier. go ride your s9s somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Opinion ? truth
    Maxxspeed, Kebbek, Nelson, Earthwing
    PNL, Ronin, Gunmetal, Independent
    Metro, Sector 9, Cult, Abec 11, These

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skanonymous View Post
    Opinion ? truth
    Haha what?

I'm eager to try out the new blue pinks
    Venom Bushings
    DB Longboards
    Meta Skateshop
    Organic Hogwash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCreamer View Post
    Haha what?

I'm eager to try out the new blue pinks
    =/= (?) meaning not equal to.

confusing name is getting to me already
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy13 View Post
    you can't cross step a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Skateboarding isnt a sport! its a goddam MARTIAL ART!
    Quote Originally Posted by necrobutcher View Post
    I don't wanna die without any scars
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBravo92 View Post
    Helmets and hellos don't hurt.
    help with pumping (more specifically slalom) techinique and a few small purchases and mods to exponentially improve your gear: http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/slalom-skateboarding/205741-help-beginners-how-improve-your-slaloming-gear-technique.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    =/= (?) meaning not equal to.

confusing name is getting to me already
    came up as a ? on my phone so niqqa i was baffled to say the least
    Venom Bushings
    DB Longboards
    Meta Skateshop
    Organic Hogwash

Moderator I Support The Fish
    Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom599 View Post
    Is there any plan of bringing back 72a flashies? I'd pay big if there was a short run or something.
    They were the purrfect wheel !! wore out a few sets just carving !!!
    [FL_RIDER_93] 8:29 pm:edit: { removed due to [FL_RIDER_93] homophobia )
    #[green] 1:38 am: its not like this is my first time with him
    [Arcadium] 4:34 pm: i really dont care about the extra half inch

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, Garett is a good guy, he can come off as rude, but hes a good guy. No need for name calling in an online forum.
    I love bears. The manliest, beastliest, awesomest creature ever, AND DONT YOU TRY AND DENY IT

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOpposum View Post
    Thank God! DJFREAKZ is Morgan Freeman not TylerHill.

Quote Originally Posted by mJoeC View Post
    Would that include each of my daily dikpics to teamsnapchat that I send every morning?

Page 466 of 535 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS