ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Stoke View Post
    anybody know any good RPG games for the 360 besides Fable and Fallout?
    oblivion is a great game
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboardchamp View Post
    psymin's current physical description: total badass motherfcker

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Concrete Kahuna Second Hand Stoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaredkent View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins wasn't bad. It's got about 60 hours of gameplay without DLC and it has tons of DLC. It was probably the first true RPG game I played though on the 360 so I don't have much to base it off of, but it got good reviews outside of my own. I think they just released a new edition that includes the Awakening Expansion (15-20 hours in itself) and all the DLC, for the original $60.

My other experience with RPGs is Mass Effect, more of the shooter/RPG hybrid, heavy on the shooter. Also RPGs of the MMO variety, WoW.
    whats the plot line of Dragon Age? character customization? Pros and Cons of the game?
    Romans 8:1-2
    I <3 Kazewind
    I <3 mini stoke

If you took everything I have accomplished in my entire life and condensed it down to one day, it would look decent.
    -George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Stoke View Post
    whats the plot line of Dragon Age? character customization? Pros and Cons of the game?
    It's basically your typical medieval/middle ages RPG. Character customization is pretty detailed. You can start off as one of three races (human, elf, dwarf) and one of three classes (warrior, rogue, mage.) Based on these decisions, their are 6 different origin stories to choose from (2 for the dwarfs, 2 for the elves, 1 for the humans, and 1 for the mages.) That right off the bat gives you a wide variety of options to choose from and play. Each origin story takes about 30-60 minutes before dumping you into the main plot, which then becomes the same no matter what your choice. On top of the initial character customization you depending on your class you have a wide variety or skills and talents to choose from which allow you to play each class in a few different ways.

To sum up the plot, the "darkspawn" the enemy (essentially orcs) has emerged from underneath the earth. You start off the game inducted into the "Grey Wardens" the only people who can stop this enemy, but in order to stand a chance you need to unite different cities to your cause. You pick up different companions along the way to help you.

Pros:
    60 hours of game play without any DLC, and plenty of DLC (7 additional missions plus an Expansion pack) to keep you satisfied.
    The origin stories are quick and bring something new to the game, so you can always start a new character just to play through a different origin if you like.
    The companions have some depth to them, as you play and interact with them you learn about their origins as well.
    Even though it's long it kept me interested enough to play through an additional time.

Cons:
    The main character doesn't speak. You choose all the dialog and everything but you don't hear your character say it.
    I'm not sure the correct term for the combat system. It isn't turn-based like Final Fantasy or anything, but it isn't exactly hack n' slash, so to speak. It's not a con at all really, just don't go in expecting the combat system of non-RPGs.
    I bought it used, as it was kind of a impulse buy. It was summer, no great games were out, and I figured I'd try it out. Buying used though you miss out on $15 of DLC that comes with new games, a companion and a quest I believe.

It's not the typical game I would buy. I tend to stick with FPS or 3rd person action games. I definitely thought it was a good buy though.
    Clutch PaisleyTap w/ Hemp: Paris 180s, 76mm Heshers
    LBL Walkabout: Bennett 5.0 / Tracker RTS, 75mm Lime BigZigs
    Legendary Gnome 29": Paris 150s, 70mm FreshFish

Silverfish Homebrew Thread
    http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/anything-goes-almost/201076-silverfish-homebrew-thread.html

Addicted Cruiser MellowDownEasy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psymin View Post
    oblivion is a great game
    I second this. I literally sat in front of my TV for two days when I first started playing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Always heard great things about oblivion. Never picked it up myself. I think it's set the bar for xbox RPGs, I'm not sure if it's been topped yet.

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/anything-goes-almost/201076-silverfish-homebrew-thread.html

Longskateaholic Toothpasteofcolorado's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

fallout 3 is good. black ops i like because i recently upgraded from a wii to a ps3 and a ton of close friends play. love me some zombies. im not gonna lie but epic mickey looks, well, epic.
    thought of something awesome the other day, cant remember what it was now...

Post Thanks / Like

Always heard great things about oblivion. Never picked it up myself. I think it's set the bar for xbox RPGs, I'm not sure if it's been topped yet.
    I love Oblivion. People kept recommending it to me for a long time but I finally picked it up this summer. I don't think I left my xbox for a solid two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothpasteofcolorado View Post
    fallout 3 is good. black ops i like because i recently upgraded from a wii to a ps3 and a ton of close friends play. love me some zombies. im not gonna lie but epic mickey looks, well, epic.
    Fallout might be one of my favorite games, ever. Dogmeat was the ****. Anyone played New Vegas? I wonder if there are as many bugs at clutch moments in the game, like there were last time. Don't know how many times I had to track back and start again from a previous save.

Post Thanks / Like

want new vegas so bad
    shaved fish member #4-five blades are better than one

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub...jrt694jsq1.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MellowDownEasy View Post
    I love Oblivion. People kept recommending it to me for a long time but I finally picked it up this summer. I don't think I left my xbox for a solid two days.

Fallout might be one of my favorite games, ever. Dogmeat was the ****. Anyone played New Vegas? I wonder if there are as many bugs at clutch moments in the game, like there were last time. Don't know how many times I had to track back and start again from a previous save.
    I'll add both those games to the list of I need to buy. I don't think I've ever heard bad things about either Fallout or Oblivion, yet I have yet to try either.

On a different end of the gaming spectra. One of my favorite games this year, which I never heard much about. Dante's Inferno. It's essentially just a side scroller hack n' slash through Hell, that took some liberties with the original Divine Comedy.
    The art was really what drew me in. Each circle of Hell is completely different than the last. Every inch of the levels are so morbidly crafted that it definitely created the right atmosphere.

One of the few complaints I heard about it was that it was like a copy of God of War. But I don't own PS3 nor have I played any of the God of Wars so that was fine with me.

There's a demo on Live if it's still there. It doesn't even do the beauty of the game justice.

This coming from a carefree, laidback, happy individual.

Post Thanks / Like

i could say so much i did in fallout 3 that i loved about it. and the DLCs were amazing.
    railway rifle? redecorate megaton? or tenpenny tower. go on a killing spree on the ship with a stealth boy and a rolling pin.

new vegas my friend has it. he says its awesome. just the same as fallout 3 but new weapons and new enemies. a super mutant that uses a stealth boy was one thing i saw. omfg scary ****.

Post Thanks / Like

i could say so much i did in fallout 3 that i loved about it. and the DLCs were amazing.
    railway rifle? redecorate megaton? or tenpenny tower. go on a killing spree on the ship with a stealth boy and a rolling pin.

new vegas my friend has it. he says its awesome. just the same as fallout 3 but new weapons and new enemies. a super mutant that uses a stealth boy was one thing i saw. omfg scary ****.
    Holy **** that would be the scariest thing ever. I don't know how many times it took me to kill the super mutants in Fallout 3. And with a stealth boy... that could possibly be worse than my first experience with Bioshock.

I was such a dick to everyone in Fallout though. I totally blew up megatron and betrayed Tenpenny. I want New Vegas SO BAD.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy **** that would be the scariest thing ever. I don't know how many times it took me to kill the super mutants in Fallout 3. And with a stealth boy... that could possibly be worse than my first experience with Bioshock.

I was such a dick to everyone in Fallout though. I totally blew up megatron and betrayed Tenpenny. I want New Vegas SO BAD.
    i know lol. i played through it a few times. the first time i was a nice person. then the other person i had. i killed every town and looted everything. got the vengence from deathclaw sankutury and went of a raping massacre around the dc area.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of bioshock. The first was just creepy. I loved it. I was literally creeped out when I went through the artists/actors (whatever he was) area of rapture. Walking around and seeing all these creepy statues that were living people drowned in plaster. Awesomely Creepy.

Also I feel there were more jump out of your seat unexpected things around certain corners.

Bioshock 2 seemed to lose all that. At least I thought so.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of bioshock. The first was just creepy. I loved it. I was literally creeped out when I went through the artists/actors (whatever he was) area of rapture. Walking around and seeing all these creepy statues that were living people drowned in plaster. Awesomely Creepy.

Also I feel there were more jump out of your seat unexpected things around certain corners.

i never really got into bioshock. i know what it is and everything. but just never really got into it. ok great game

Post Thanks / Like

i know lol. i played through it a few times. the first time i was a nice person. then the other person i had. i killed every town and looted everything. got the vengence from deathclaw sankutury and went of a raping massacre around the dc area.
    I didn't even play nice the first time. I've always been a bit of an asshole in video games though. My Sims NEVER led happy lives.

The first Bioshock was so scary I didn't even buy the second. Actually, I didn't even finish the first one. That's the only game I've never played all the way through. Those little girls were just so... awful. I dunno what it was but I couldn't finish it.

And video game confession... I ******* love Viva Pinata. Not even kidding. I've played it for hours. My pinata garden's the bomb.

Post Thanks / Like

omfg my sims as well lived in a hell hole.

get them all in there. take out the door, slowly starve them/set them on fire. good fun stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even play nice the first time. I've always been a bit of an asshole in video games though. My Sims NEVER led happy lives.

The first Bioshock was so scary I didn't even buy the second. Actually, I didn't even finish the first one. That's the only game I've never played all the way through. Those little girls were just so... awful. I dunno what it was but I couldn't finish it.

And video game confession... I ******* love Viva Pinata. Not even kidding. I've played it for hours. My pinata garden's the bomb.
    Bioshock 2 sucked. It was the same scenario as COD with Infinity Ward and Treyarch, same company this time but two different design teams.

I played the demo for Viva Pinata. It was addicting. I couldn't bring myself to buy it though. Something about colorful, kiddy, pinatas. I just wouldn't be able to look the cashier in the eye while checking me out. I will say it the demo was fun though.

Addicted Cruiser Mr Longboarder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i started playing fallout on 3. you dont miss anything. just its a post apcolypse 50s D.C and you go around and **** **** up. the fallouts before that all sucked. my say on that.

the new AC. sounds amazing ive heard great reviews on it. just a awesomer better version on number 2
    you go die!
    MaxxSpeed Skateboards
    The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    The others- the living- are those who pushed their luck as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down..bowed down. But the edge is still out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Longboarder View Post
    you go die!
    sometimes. but my say on it man. i didnt really like the other ones. never got into them. here me out.

Addicted Cruiser Mr Longboarder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what really bothered me with fallout 3 was the story. Everything was so improbable it felt like the whole fallout worldf was waiting for you to do there ****. Also you detonate a ******* nuke and no one notices, come on people. Fallout new vegas is much better probably because black isle did it and they did the first 2
    MaxxSpeed Skateboards
    The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    The others- the living- are those who pushed their luck as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down..bowed down. But the edge is still out there.

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS