ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead

Embrace Danger. Shinobo Sukebo Mile_High_Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Walking Dead

Finale was, IMO, a little disappointing. I realize that they needed to spend some time developing possibilities for new stories/plots, but it was a little slim on action. Definitely appreciated the redneck dude's work on that one walker when they were running from the CDC building.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. It wasnt a season finale to die for but still interesting. I cant wait for next season. And i really wanna know what happened to that rednecks older brother that was stuck on the roof....
    Clutch Hoodwalker x Paris 180s x YOtang Fat Frees

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    My mom wants your number now8O

Addicted Cruiser DeathMetalDervish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mile_High_Mark View Post
    Finale was, IMO, a little disappointing. I realize that they needed to spend some time developing possibilities for new stories/plots, but it was a little slim on action. Definitely appreciated the redneck dude's work on that one walker when they were running from the CDC building.
    That axe chop was the only redeeming part of the episode. I got hooked on this show because there was zombie action and the last 2 episodes were just emotional bullshit. The next season better pick up or Ima drop this show like Lost. (Although I stopped watching Lost because I got a radio show that was more fun then watching tv)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuzz View Post
    Eat that nature. You slow b1tch. So now I'm going to play video games for the rest of my day off.
    Decks: Clutch Toe Cutter, Custom Slayer cruiser, Dervish

Trucks:Surf Rodz 176mm+10mm ext., Ace 66's Black, Randal 180's

Wheels: Flywheels, Lime Big Zigs, 4Prez Grape, Fireball Beasts, Hesher Snowballs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duberz View Post
    Agreed. It wasnt a season finale to die for but still interesting. I cant wait for next season. And i really wanna know what happened to that rednecks older brother that was stuck on the roof....
    Yeah, didn't "lefty" steal their van when they were trying to get the bag of guns?

Which reminds me... in the previous episode, the RV blows a hose. They talk about scouting out what looks to be a gas station (seen via binoculars), but then the next thing we see/know is that the RV is now fine. Did I miss something, or did magic just happen and the aforementioned gas station happen to have the correct hose, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, didn't "lefty" steal their van when they were trying to get the bag of guns?

Which reminds me... in the previous episode, the RV blows a hose. They talk about scouting out what looks to be a gas station (seen via binoculars), but then the next thing we see/know is that the RV is now fine. Did I miss something, or did magic just happen and the aforementioned gas station happen to have the correct hose, etc?
    Did you also notice that Rick says to the guy in the CDC that they are pretty much out of gas and at the end they drive away worry free. Did the zombies do them a favor and fill the tanks for them? Also the cars seem to be explosion proof since an eruption of that magnitude would send off a decent shock wave, implosion or not. Finally, the "trained" police officer friend in the 5 episode was holding the shotgun like a ******* RPG and aiming down it like a rifle. They gotta work out those plot holes it takes away the realism of the show which completely destroys the point of it.
    Eat that nature. You slow b1tch. So now I'm going to play video games for the rest of my day off.

Wheels: Flywheels, Lime Big Zigs, 4Prez Grape, Fireball Beasts, Hesher Snowballs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not reading the above posts... Methinks that they have spoilers. I'll probably watch the finale tonight, though. As for the comic books, yes, they were amazing, but they got horribly repetitive. I think that the first few issues were the best, everything else went downhill (predictable prison, anyone?) As for the TV series, I think that it's good for what it is. They can't do all the dark stuff that they had in the comics, but it's still a good TV show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDervish View Post
    Did you also notice that Rick says to the guy in the CDC that they are pretty much out of gas and at the end they drive away worry free. Did the zombies do them a favor and fill the tanks for them? Also the cars seem to be explosion proof since an eruption of that magnitude would send off a decent shock wave, implosion or not. Finally, the "trained" police officer friend in the 5 episode was holding the shotgun like a ******* RPG and aiming down it like a rifle. They gotta work out those plot holes it takes away the realism of the show which completely destroys the point of it.
    Hahaha i noticed all this too. Hopefully this last episode wasnt the first step headed down hill cuz its a great show with lots of potential.

So since first seaon is over would it be cool to discuss other zombie material such as movie recommendations/thoughts/opinions or any other zombie graphic novels?

Edit: for instance what are some your guys favorite zombie movies?

upper spruce>interstate>lower switchback>flukeys woods!
    Post Thanks / Like

hello realism id like you to meet my friend zombies. its tv dude **** it right?
    im surprised christians havent gotten offended about this show. or any zombie stuff for that matter.
    we got to find a sharper blade... or have a new one made

Quote Originally Posted by enemy combatant View Post
    The government has no business telling people what they can or can not ingest. You folks who favor banning it are a bunch of fascists

Post Thanks / Like

Movies:

• Night Of The Living Dead (original) -- The OG. 'Nuff said.
    • 28 Days Later -- What's scarier than super-fast zombies? Society when it breaks down.
    • I was going to list "I Am Legend," but many people claim those things are vampires. Anyway, I like the apocalyptic aspect of the movie no matter what those creatures are.

Books:

• World War Z, Max Brooks -- Some good story-telling. It's supposedly being made into a movie. The author is Mel Brooks' kid.
    • I've read a shirt-ton of other zombie novels, but none of 'em were really stellar.

Post Thanks / Like

Movies:

• 28 Days Later -- What's scarier than super-fast zombies? Society when it breaks down.
    • I was going to list "I Am Legend," but many people claim those things are vampires. Anyway, I like the apocalyptic aspect of the movie no matter what those creatures are.

Books:

• World War Z, Max Brooks -- Some good story-telling. It's supposedly being made into a movie. The author is Mel Brooks' kid.
    • I've read a shirt-ton of other zombie novels, but none of 'em were really stellar.
    Agreed, that is the best zombie book. I am Legend is weird, they have 'zombies,' but in the book, they were vampires. And in the movie, they don't really act like zombies. However, 28 days later and Shaun of the Dead are tied for my favorite zombie movies. The first Resident evil movie comes second, and Zombieland gets an honorable mention. But the Walking Dead is a great TV show, and really shows how a zombie apocalypse affects how people act.

Post Thanks / Like

Movies:

any of the romero movies are definately worth checking out. especially if you havnt seen the original dawn of the dead. thats by far one of my favorites.

I'm cool on Silverfish

Quote Originally Posted by TylerHill View Post
    Shut up. No one copies anyone in the skate world.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent read any zombie novels yet, but ill check some out one day. All of the movies you guys mentioned are great although i have not seen OG Dawn of the Dead yet. I thought the remake was awesome. My favorite would prolly be 28 Days Later, talk about sheer intense terror. 28 Weeks Later was awesome too. Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead etc. theyre all awesome. Im trying to get ahold of a movie called Dead Alive. Its a Peter Jackson flick from '92 and is supposedly one of the goriest zombie films ever made. Ill let you know how it is when i see it.

Some other films you guys should definitely check out are Fido, Deadgirl and a spanish movie called [REC]. Fido and Deadgirl add a different twist to the zombie genere (spelling?). Fido being more along the lines of comedy and Deadgirl is just a straight up WTF kinda of film, youll see why when you watch it. [REC] takes a little while to get some action going but is totally worth waiting for. The last scene will have you totally creeped out.
    Last edited by duberz; 12-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Fido was pretty funny. I was pleasantly surprised.

Team Silverfish - NBS Capo di Tutti Posto MalakaiKingston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping new writers will help walking dead take a new direction, the vapid characters, plot holes, zombie realism mistakes and general lack of a consistent theme make me yell at the screen, beat my dog and feed my fish less than they deserve.

The above is without even thinking that the comic has anything to do with the show.

This is just me being an asshole.

So you guys are trying to be quiet but 99% of the time you use guns?
    No one has ever duel wield? Primary and backup? No? Okay...
    Where is the one armed redneck?
    Acutally nevermind I don't care, the black guy would have killed him in realism mode.
    No one is ever reloading, and ammo seems like an issue but always with the shooting.
    Pretty sure the rusty bolt on that pipe would have been easy to cut through, just saying.
    So if he did steal the cube truck, guess he never made it to camp?
    So you walked all the way to camp?
    You normally clean a shotgun with a 22 bore brush? really? That's how you do that?
    You guys only have a lookout posted - sometimes?
    No perimeter guards?
    The zombies don't eat the asian guy cause they will just be hungry in an hour.
    Zombies never wander into the quarry?
    Thought you needed a new hose?
    So did you go to the gas station for one or not?
    Ricks emotional plea really convinces the doc? Really?
    And he was going to mention the gas problem when?
    So a cop doesn't notice rape defensive wounds?
    We never, ever see them scavenging, for anything.
    Show would have been really short if cop vs bangers had played out in reality.
    Really... It ignites the air... but a sandbag wall, and you're good?

So then... riiiiight. Okay.

Bottom line, bad casting, horrible writing, **** adaptation.

**** it.

Before you call me out for the hating, this thread actually made me watch the last two episodes so, you guys win. I get the irony of complaining this much and still watching it.

That being said, bad writing can kill even the shows with the most promise.

I hope the next season makes me less of an elitest prick or I am buying a fixie razorscooter moving to new york to start a band called unequivocal broccoli generator, and bang ugly chicks so you think there is something to them that their isn't, I'm literally just banging them to make you think I think I can get in your head by banging ugly chicks so you think there is something to them that their isn't.

An ugly chick is an ugly chick no matter who is banging it.
    The sage, Longboard Buddha once said, "A tree spends 100% of its lifetime in a static environment and only after its reincarnation as a deck is it allowed to move at fast speeds...
    when allowed, the wood will give thankless service if
    allowed to flow."

-Ride-Respect-Honor-
    Ninja Bomb Squad

Post Thanks / Like

Lol eeeeeeaaaaassssssyyy Malaki!! I dont think anyone is gonnna call you out on "hating". I certainly wont. Why? Because i cant stand the oh so trendy term of haters or hating. Its f***ing annoying and it allows a person to back out of a discussion immedeatly just by dismissing the other person as a hater.

That being said, you brought up a $hit ton of legit points and plot holes that i wouldve never have even noticed. Makes me agree that they absolutely need to tighten up the writing as well as other things!! But ill still be a fan of the show for several reasons... i love anything zombie related. This is the first ever zombie tv show and im amazed that it even exists. Its very entertaing to me despite all its plot holes and mistakes. And this is actually the only tv show i get to follow since i work afternoons to nights during the week. Sorry we convinced to watch something that just ended up pissing you off haha. Thanks for at least trying to understand and watching a couple episodes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duberz View Post
    That being said, you brought up a ton of legit points and plot holes that i wouldve never have even noticed. Makes me agree that they absolutely need to tighten up the writing as well as other things!! But ill still be a fan of the show for several reasons... i love anything zombie related. This is the first ever zombie tv show and im amazed that it even exists. Its very entertaing to me despite all its plot holes and mistakes. And this is actually the only tv show i get to follow since i work afternoons to nights during the week. Sorry we convinced to watch something that just ended up pissing you off haha. Thanks for at least trying to understand and watching a couple episodes!!

It's one of those things were really, as entertainment it's fine, I just expected much much more. It's like they thought the idea was great, but then never followed through. To be fair we both know I will keep watching, but if the writing keeps being as bad as it is... lots of complaining in the future.
    The sage, Longboard Buddha once said, "A tree spends 100% of its lifetime in a static environment and only after its reincarnation as a deck is it allowed to move at fast speeds...
    allowed to flow."

-Ride-Respect-Honor-
    Ninja Bomb Squad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueapollo View Post
    hello realism id like you to meet my friend zombies. its tv dude **** it right?
    im surprised christians havent gotten offended about this show. or any zombie stuff for that matter.
    Some of these things, like the gun holding isn't an issue of realism. It's just ******* stupid and bad acting.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of these things, like the gun holding isn't an issue of realism. It's just ******* stupid and bad acting.
    That's whaaat I'm saying!
    allowed to flow."

-Ride-Respect-Honor-
    Ninja Bomb Squad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakaiKingston View Post
    That's whaaat I'm saying!
    Exactly, what you listed are the problems that I have with it. I also had someone try and rationalize the emotional bullshit to me by telling me it's not a show about zombies and its a post-apocalyptic show. ZOMBIES ARE GENERALLY A POST APOCALYPTIC THING. THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE SHOW IS THE IDEA OF THE ZOMBIE. Now why were there NO ******* ZOMBIES IN THE LAST EPISODE. That is the only reason I watch the show and i is not delivering. I'll give the next season a few shots, but I'm not going to be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give the next season a few shots, but I'm not going to be nice.
    Right there with you man.
    allowed to flow."

-Ride-Respect-Honor-
    Ninja Bomb Squad

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS