ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ice Chest Boombox Project

Quote Originally Posted by revzack View Post
    Lots of people mind. That is why we have so many rules on the river, because people act like idiots. I have been to new braunsfels enough times to know. Neighbors get mad and complain to the cops, which make them come up with more and more rules. So your little bit of fun will ruin it for others. No need to crank it too loud. Some people just like to chill float and relax. Be kind to them too.
    you act like I float down the river with this thing at max volume to no end. 99 percent of the time these things are kept at like 1/5/th volume max. Not to mention I enjoy turning it off completely much of the time and taking in the sights and sounds. but when i want to have a flipping ice chest radio to blare on memorial day weekend when 100's of other partiers on the river, dammit i have it.

keep on hating though. its all good.

thanks for passively calling me an idiot too. i appreciate that.
    Speed-Nemesis-the others don't really matter

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: Line the inside with something to hide/protect the wires and put a CD rack in there to hold multiple CD's. Also, making an attachment/housing for an IPod could be pretty badass too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemwielder
    A good buddy of mine once told me this: Almost dying is usually pretty cool, so long as you don't go that extra mile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    Suggestion: Line the inside with something to hide/protect the wires and put a CD rack in there to hold multiple CD's. Also, making an attachment/housing for an IPod could be pretty badass too.
    ya i've been trying to come up with a good way to organize everything. I'm definitely putting some kind of rack inside for a few cd's and to hold the remote/ipod. I'm going to line it with some sort of vibration dampening material as well, and that will help hide the wires for the most part. I have a waterproof case for my ipod so that part is covered.

What i'm really concerned about is making the thing flip-proof. I need a way to make the lid waterproof while still keeping it functional. Any ideas?

-Tyler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdwhite View Post
    you act like I float down the river with this thing at max volume to no end. 99 percent of the time these things are kept at like 1/5/th volume max. Not to mention I enjoy turning it off completely much of the time and taking in the sights and sounds. but when i want to have a flipping ice chest radio to blare on memorial day weekend when 100's of other partiers on the river, dammit i have it.

keep on hating though. its all good.

thanks for passively calling me an idiot too. i appreciate that.
    no hate at all, but the you think everybody is giving you a hard time, when you talk about blaring stereos on the river is just respect others.
    Texas Outlaw

Addicted Cruiser FlyingDutchman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks kinda cool. Props on the build.

So when you guys float down the river drinking lots of beers, do you all piss on yourselves? What do you do when you have to break the seal?

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone else is drinking beer and blaring ice-chest stereo's too! In all seriousness though what do you think I'm gonna be doing with this thing? paddling across a lake up to some boaters/fisherman and blaring some Biggie? lol I float down rivers full of college students buddy, NO ONE minds.
    "in all seriousness though" usually denotes that what was previously said was a joke, so when I Isay no one minds, i'm talking about a reasonable volume.

no hate at all, but the you think everybody is giving you a hard time, when you talk about blaring stereos on the river is just respect others.
    I don't think everybody is giving me a hard time, just two buzzkill's in particular.

By the way, the only river around here with any rules that I know of is the Comal (you spoke of New Braunfels), and thats a freaking tube-chute with tons of rules. There are no rules or laws corresponding to anything we are talking about here on the Guadalupe or San Marcos rivers (the only ones I float on), so your argument about rules/laws holds no weight. you live in Houston, how often are you on the river anyway?

the fact remains you passively called me an idiot. besides everything else that is still incredibly rude on your part. i never did anything to you.
    Last edited by tylerdwhite; 03-17-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
    Looks kinda cool. Props on the build.

So when you guys float down the river drinking lots of beers, do you all piss on yourselves? What do you do when you have to break the seal?
    depends on how drunk you get!

Post Thanks / Like

RadioRaft | Radio Raft Floating Tube Speakers | Music Raft

Yep, they get loose on the Guadalupe River! See RadioRaft.com for the ultimate in ice chest radios

Post Thanks / Like

wow thats pretty incredible. notes taken.

Post Thanks / Like

I've entertained this idea for a while, but its been months since I hit the river.

The mexicans at Rio Vista seem to have it down to an art. I have my old car stereo layin around so maybe I'll work that into a summer project.

See ya on the river
    I bet Im riddled with Canabisoids or whatever they're called. -Sideburnt

Post Thanks / Like

okay, so this is to have what.. a waterproof stereo and a useless cooler? wouldnt a mini cooler with the speakers mounted on the sides and deck in the middle be a more compact and portable option?

im confused.
    B A T T L E
    A X E
    W A R R I O R

Moderator I Support The Fish
    Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think everybody is giving me a hard time, just two buzzkill's in particular.

By the way, the only river around here with any rules that I know of is the Comal (you spoke of New Braunfels), and thats a freaking tube-chute with tons of rules. There are no rules or laws corresponding to anything we are talking about here on the Guadalupe or San Marcos rivers (the only ones I float on), so your argument about rules/laws holds no weight. you live in Houston, how often are you on the river anyway?

the fact remains you passively called me an idiot. besides everything else that is still incredibly rude on your part. i never did anything to you.
    You have a whole lot to learn... rules are usually placed on rivers when the users disrespect others.. It's only a matter of time when the rivers you float will have the same restrictions Revzack mentioned..

[FL_RIDER_93] 8:29 pm:edit: { removed due to [FL_RIDER_93] homophobia )
    #[green] 1:38 am: its not like this is my first time with him
    [Arcadium] 4:34 pm: i really dont care about the extra half inch

Post Thanks / Like

What's with the hate? Yeah there are a couple of rules regarding things like engines and glass bottles on the San Marcos river, but I can't imagine any pressure to get a noise ordinance going. It's a daytime activity, the river is mostly public property, and a stereo-cooler is nothing new.

I'm just confused as to why yall are comin down hard on tyler for this. This isn't anything extreme

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    I'm just confused as to why yall are comin down hard on tyler for this.
    uuuuh... because its Silverfish?

This isn't anything extreme
    haha, no, no it certainly is not.

B A T T L E
    A X E
    W A R R I O R

Post Thanks / Like

good points...

Post Thanks / Like

What's with the hate? Yeah there are a couple of rules regarding things like engines and glass bottles on the San Marcos river, but I can't imagine any pressure to get a noise ordinance going. It's a daytime activity, the river is mostly public property, and a stereo-cooler is nothing new.

I'm just confused as to why yall are comin down hard on tyler for this. This isn't anything extreme

The river may be public, but the land that comes to the river belongs to people who pay taxes and do not want to hear it. Just sayin, no hate here.
    Texas Outlaw

Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like

The river may be public, but the land that comes to the river belongs to people who pay taxes and do not want to hear it. Just sayin, no hate here.
    amen, there are areas tat are "public"... it doesn't allow the right to desicrate it... Graffitti or Phonic...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    You have a whole lot to learn... rules are usually placed on rivers when the users disrespect others.. It's only a matter of time when the rivers you float will have the same restrictions Revzack mentioned..

Thanks dad. Next lesson please.

thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by CRASS View Post
    uuuuh... because its Silverfish?
    seriously...

actually texas has adopted a gradient boundary rule, so the banks of navigable rivers are public property up to a certain point. i won't explain it but this article explains it.

Who is gonna hear my radio from their river house 150 feet up the bank or 30 feet up the cut-side of the river? I've already stated that I listen at a reasonable volume. People in the parks and at their houses all along the river play radios from trucks and stereos all the time. Is that wrong too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    amen, there are areas tat are "public"... it doesn't allow the right to desicrate it... Graffitti or Phonic...
    one man's trash is another man's treasure. what you call desecration is purely your opinion. Graffiti is not even comparable to this so...ya. I'm staying within the law to the best of my knowledge, and if I'm out of line I'm sure the plethora of game wardens and sheriffs I see along the river will take it up with me. Your opinion on the matter means nothing. desecration. hah!

Until what I'm doing is illegal, you guys are just hating. Go have a prune and some ensure.
    Last edited by tylerdwhite; 03-25-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like

Until what I'm doing is illegal, you guys are just hating. Go have a prune and some ensure.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing, but not hating on ya... i'd ventire to say you have and do partake in "illegal" activities... If so, you lost the war . Fatties and prune juice on the house

Post Thanks / Like

some ensure.
    Do not knock ensure till ya try it. I am not that old and yet is give a nice clean energy boost.
    Texas Outlaw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS