Addicted Cruiser LesbiansAreGay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Bustin Board! IBACH

Quote Originally Posted by Alecthekid View Post
    i like my strike just fine but i hate how almost all bustins are just variations of each other
    You mean to tell me you don't love it when a company adds/strips away from the same product and sells it as something different? Weird

But ragging on bustin aside, this board really does look like a big step in the right direction, i like the idea of the gas pedals/slide notch/ orgasm edge although i don't know how it's gonna feel. You guys should try and come up with something innovative for your next board design. Like a non symmetrical slightly dropped cutaway design with W concave front loaded camber and flexiness, or just do a short ass pool board thats shaped like a bomb http://www.303rdbg.com/bombs1.jpg Number 3 or 4 would be cool. You could do a whole "nyc broadway bomber" marketing scheme and make some dough.
    Last edited by LesbiansAreGay; 02-11-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Put down your blackberry soul-prison and SKATE

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if the slide rail turns out to be shit at least it's something new and different. You never know - it might be the next advance in longboard design!
    Rayne hellcat, sabre trucks, green sabre bottom and orange cone top, cult classics,
    Earthwing corchia with indy 169s

http://soundcloud.com/henrik-allen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naked_surfer View Post
    Even if the slide rail turns out to be shit at least it's something new and different. You never know - it might be the next advance in longboard design!
    it's pretty dope. this board is not made for me aka I'm not that great of a skater... i can't toeside slide on soft wheels, BUT I can tell just by standing on it and moving my feet around that the edge does give quite a bit of added grip. i'm sure we'll hear some opinions here soon from people who can actually put it to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit in the minority here, because some of the features that many hate about Bustin generally are ones that I like for the type of riding that I do. And I won't pretend to know how they are pressed or whether they are pressed from the same molds, etc., but Maestros ride much differently than Strikes, which ride much differently than Sojourns.

Likewise, many of the features of the new board are ones that don't have that much appeal to me. I'm probably not going to do any serious downhill. And while sliding is fun, it's not the primary reason I ride, which is to have a fun, convenient, and fast way to get around the city. And for that, I still haven't tried anything that I like more than a Strike.

Having said that, I applaud Bustin's efforts to appeal to a wider market than the relatively niche Push Culture (scoff about the term if you want, but come riding with us some time, and if you don't catch the stoke, you have no soul ). This is a company that hangs out with the riders and listens to the riders. Being in the Loft on a weekend afternoon is like being in a lab with 20 or 30 mad scientists (Rat Rod alone probably should count for about 10).

And I'll be there tomorrow to check the new board out. Can't wait to take it over the Bridge!

Addicted Cruiser brooklynbomber718's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the IBACH out and around the block just now. It's pretty dope. I don't really see the need for the slide rails but it's a nice little touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesbiansAreGay View Post
    I wear helmets on the same basis as i do condoms, if ****'s looking risky strap up.... but if you've been hitting the same road you been hitting for the last month there's no reason to act like a stranger
    Quote Originally Posted by cvcdx View Post
    I skate to get off, not to get hurt...
    Quote Originally Posted by animal chin View Post
    The hightailer listens to metal.
    i'm Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bustinry View Post
    We definitely catch heat for the 'Push Culture' thing which is ironic because we only started using it because everyone on the street was saying it.
    I'm gonna have to chalk that one up to your team riders screaming it at the top of their lungs along with "IT'S BUSTIN, BITCHES" all over the city.

Everything aside, I've ridden this one a bit, and it's definitely the best board yet. I'm happy to see you guys reaching out to other parts of skateboarding. Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eden Racing on facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like its got some serious potential

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the shop and pushed this around for a bit yesterday. This is a very sold board. If would be a great as a commuter, and it's a dream to slide (I'll leave dh assestments for the people who are serious about their dh). My prediction is that this board will be a serious hit for Bustin.

The concave on this board is different than anything I've ridden. Each part of the board has a unique feel to it, so there's never a question of foot position. Then when you're ready to be locked in, they just lock in. It's difficult to describe, but a pleasure to ride. I'm sure there will be those who don't like the concave, but that's just a matter of taste. It's truly functional for a variety of disciplines.

I took the liberty of taking a few pics while I was there. I didn't bother trying to get the detail of the groove/gas pedal thingies, since that's shown pretty well on the Bustin site.

Here's one of the demos that people were riding:

Here's the crew "hard at work" getting some of these together for release date:

I kid about the "hard at work" part. Actually, gripping these looks like a PITA.

What they're working on:

Solomon and Jeff show off the fruits of their labors. Note the Atobe Bonnevilles on the board Jeff is holding. I had a chance to ride those on a couple of boards (the Gravity Makai with blue Paris sitting next to the demo board in the first pic and Jeff's Ratule dancer). The wheels are sick.

And here's a stack of Ibachs ready to roll out the door:

While I was there, I saw a couple more protos that they haven't announced publicly yet. They asked me not to discuss them or post photos until they announce, and I respect that. But I will say I believe these are boards that are going to generate a lot of excitement.

The sense of excitement in the store was contagious. There's a lot of great things happening with this company. Look for more big announcements soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this board has some method behind the madness, cause they wouldn't make a board weird like this on a whim, cause they might think it'll make them mor money or maybe there riders are asking for it. Either way, its probably going to be a pretty fun board like all their other boards.
    Stay Positive and Spread the Stoke
    BC Moray, indys,stims,venoms, reds
    Ceviche, paris, venoms, flashbacks, bearings that work
    Hyper Carve 46", revenge, durians, bearings that work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Bustin finally make a good Board? Caliber and Indy's? but wait for a decent setup its 255. I would get a switch or a Vendetta instead but Finally a board that i think bustin can be proud of
    San Luis Obispo CA 805!

SuperModel: Indy 215's: BigZig 77mm 78a(pink): Super reds: Sabre F and X bushings

They named it san diego which in german means a whales V*gina: Anchor man is the best!

Lol lmao rofl, were all cool in 6th grade not anymore
    Garages are were its at! And if the cops come run like HELL!
    360 COD? ask for gamer tag ill get you to 60 on zombies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dopestdope View Post
    Did Bustin finally make a good Board? Caliber and Indy's? but wait for a decent setup its 255. I would get a switch or a Vendetta instead but Finally a board that i think bustin can be proud of
    If I get one (and I may hold out for something else they're going to release -- it's gooooood), I'd set it up with MHS hybrid 215s. Definitely. Currently they're suggesting Randals, Bears, or Calibers. But they've proven themselves to be pretty secular as far as trucks are concerned. Let's face it, boards are easier to roll out than trucks, so I suspect boards are designed around existing truck offerings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shape Shifter View Post
    If I get one (and I may hold out for something else they're going to release -- it's gooooood), I'd set it up with MHS hybrid 215s. Definitely. Currently they're suggesting Randals, Bears, or Calibers. But they've proven themselves to be pretty secular as far as trucks are concerned. Let's face it, boards are easier to roll out than trucks, so I suspect boards are designed around existing truck offerings.
    Question

I know you may not be able answer but are they planning on adding a smaller downhill/freeride board...say around 37 inches?

I already own a Switch and 40+ inches is too long for me to ride comfortably.
    "I can handle a competive work place."~Annie Covert Affairs
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landyachtz-Drop Carve 36"-My Official Long Distance Push Board!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shape Shifter View Post
    [...]This is a very sold board. If would be a great as a commuter, and it's a dream to slide (I'll leave dh assestments for the people who are serious about their dh). [...]

While I was there, I saw a couple more protos that they haven't announced publicly yet. They asked me not to discuss them or post photos until they announce, and I respect that. But I will say I believe these are boards that are going to generate a lot of excitement.

Look for more big announcements soon!
    Now, two questions:
    1) when you say this would be great as a commuter, do you mean pushing etc., riding around the city? thinking about which board to get right now...

2) I'm not gonna ask details and don't want to discuss the new things they have, as I respect that they want to keep it down, but it sort of reminds me about Apple and their secrecy about releasing stuff. I want to buy a board, a Bustin board (for various reasons discussed elsewhere)... actually 2-3 boards, and if I can get a better one or one more suitable if I wait for few weeks then I wanna know NOW and not order it and by the time my boards arrive in Japan they released new stuff that i'd like to have so much more than what I just got.
    So yeah, anyway, if you can't discuss what the boards are about, do you have any rough ideas when we'll know more about that? Don't wanna wait for too long.

that being said, the IBACH looks pretty interesting actually. guess one really has to try it to assess how good it is!

peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauryn2000 View Post
    Question

I know you may not be able answer but are they planning on adding a smaller downhill/freeride board...say around 37 inches?

I already own a Switch and 40+ inches is too long for me to ride comfortably.
    hey dude.. one of the new boards we're releasing soon is 36" and is a DH/FR board. unfortunately thats all i can say except that is real sick, but i wanted to answer your question... cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgl7188 View Post
    Now, two questions:
    1) when you say this would be great as a commuter, do you mean pushing etc., riding around the city? thinking about which board to get right now...

2) I'm not gonna ask details and don't want to discuss the new things they have, as I respect that they want to keep it down, but it sort of reminds me about Apple and their secrecy about releasing stuff. I want to buy a board, a Bustin board (for various reasons discussed elsewhere)... actually 2-3 boards, and if I can get a better one or one more suitable if I wait for few weeks then I wanna know NOW and not order it and by the time my boards arrive in Japan they released new stuff that i'd like to have so much more than what I just got.
    So yeah, anyway, if you can't discuss what the boards are about, do you have any rough ideas when we'll know more about that? Don't wanna wait for too long.

that being said, the IBACH looks pretty interesting actually. guess one really has to try it to assess how good it is!

peace.
    This has been used as a city commuter by a few people and they loved it for that purpose. In my mind, it's a little more like a long distance pusher. It takes a little bit of foot maneuvering to get it to turn well with one foot, so it's not quite as city friendly as some of the older "push decks" we have, but if your commute is fairly straight forward and not so much pedestrian and taxi dodging, it should work very well, and you'll also have something you can really charge some hills with.

People like all sorts of boards for daily commutes. I honestly think some of the ones in our lineup are a little more commuter friendly because of the weight, length, and flex, but others may want that sort of stability under their feet. The other boards we are working on will be more in line with what we have in the lineup already, but we'll be incorporating different molds and additional features. Not sure on the release date, but they will definitely be under riders' feet by the summer. Still have a couple details to work out based on feedback we've received.

Capo di Tutti Posto stringtheory's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the new boards we're releasing soon is 36" and is a DH/FR board.
    Rad!
    eastcoastcoreskates.com
    Questions? Contact Us
    Follow us on Twitter! ECC Twitter Follow us on Facebook! ECC Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dude.. one of the new boards we're releasing soon is 36" and is a DH/FR board. unfortunately thats all i can say except that is real sick, but i wanted to answer your question... cheers
    Thanks....I'll be looking out for it............
    "I can handle a competive work place."~Annie Covert Affairs
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landyachtz-Drop Carve 36"-My Official Long Distance Push Board!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd really like to try one of these things. I'm a rider over 200 lbs and finding a freeride deck is not the easiest thing in the world, it's either a brittle maple/birch feel, trampoline, no support or rock hard. I feel as though this thing might fill this niche nicely... any shops in AZ with them? I'm a bit far away from your office lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AliDaWolf View Post
    Someone who can put up with my noobishness and someone who doesnt want to rape or kidnap me.
    Quote Originally Posted by otangsftw View Post
    run at them and pick them up, everyone knows dogs are powerless when they are being held in the air.
    My Quiver:
    Dregs 42" Drop-Thru Asphalt Devision (Red)
    -Gullwing Chargers
    -Bones Reds
    -76mm Black Love Yo Mutha's

Madrid Dream "Boo" Edition
    -Indy 215 Hybrid
    -Bones Super Reds
    -70mm Yotang 4Prez

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9ply and 10ply? This is going to change my opinion of Bustin as being producers of weird decks that usually crack and break very easily.
    I needa try me one of these IBachs. If I like it, I'd better start saving for my third Bustin board.
    Check out my YouTube channel! It's usually a bunch of Earthwing homies shredding together in my videos
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Komikon94?feature=mhee
    Quiver:
    Pink Comet FSM (Decommissioned)
    Earthwing Supermodel (Hybrid 215s, Earthwing 76mm Obombers)
    Earthwing Streetdeck 32''x8.25'' (Tensor 139s, EW Blue Slide As)
    Earthwing Crewzer (Indy 169s, Micro Motions)
    Eastbilt Bakpak 19'' (XCaliber 169s, Otang Yellow Stims)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Jeff and Ryan, sorry if I was talking out of turn with the new things to come. I was just impressed, that's all, with one quick turn on one of the new protos. I speak as someone who is totally in love with the Strike, will defend it until the day I eventually get flattened by a cab, and will invite any disbelievers to ride with me for a few days.

If I spoke out of turn, it's just because I'm excited to see all the new things coming from my local shop.

For those of you who are ordering internationally: EMAIL THESE GUYS!!! They want to help you choose the best set-up possible.

The Ibach is for real, and so are some of the boards they'll be releasing soon. Be nice, and I'm sure they'll hook you up. They're all skaters, and that's how they roll.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS