ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sojourn or Maestro??

I have been riding mini cruiser for like half a year cruising to uni and around the campus. My terrain are mostly slightly uphill or downhill and small street, foot path in the campus. With its very small size (25"), i couldnt barely doing anything with it and i found it very scary on downhill. Thus, i am looking for a new and longer board. I have found and got interested in Bustin longboard. I had chances to ride on my roommate's BC eel (41") and i got really into sliding (but i am just the beginner). Therefore, i was decided to go with the Maestro. However, I later thought that Maestro might be a bit too big for me especially for carrying around (im 5.6") or cruising in campus (due to small street and lots of people). So I have the idea of board with more agility like the sojourn. My question really is, the sojourn would be capable of long hard sliding like maestro?

Second thing is about the fiberglass deck, what are the benefits of the fiberglass? in addition, the fiberglass or the normal deck would be lighter? and which one would be more flex??

TL;DR maestro or sojourn?

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sojourn or Maestro??

first off the maestro is relatively small for a longboard. may have been "big" if it was heavy if it was the fiberglass version which is thickest ply made plus fiberglass.
    I bought a Maestro and havent looked back since, i love it and have gotten 3 friends to buy them haha! but every board has fall backs.

i know nothing about the sojourn but i suggest trying it out before you buy it. i can only speak for the Maestro by saying that ive had zero problems with it. its relativly short and light allowing great slides but your wheel choice also determines slide quality as well as your skill.

fiberglass benefits your board by making it stronger, this also makes it more rigid, but if high quality fiber glass is used them the board "should" last a lot longer.

the most flex out of a maestro is going to be the custom build option on their site, get the smallest ply (about 7 i think?). the fiber glass adds weight and decreases flex.

if you like the maestro, get it. thats my choice. i wanted a more DH board later and got me a nemesis, love it just as much as my maestro. diff boards for diff purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sojourn or Maestro??

whats better on? the Bustin Maestro Bear trucks or paris trucks?
    yes i ride Durian wheels

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS