ADVERTISEMENT

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cheap precision trucks by churchill mfg!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KojiF View Post
    I really hoped people would look at my post for the content, not the brand names I chose.

Sorry for double post
    Jesus said to forgive, and I forgive you. By the transitive property of life, I am Jesus.
    Comet Grease Hammer - PNL Strummers - Retro Bertz
    Earthwing Belly Racer - Cast Ronins- Venom Cannibals
    Earthwing Supermodel - Paris V1's - These ATF
    Landyachtz Wolfshark 2012 - 44* Calibers - Cadillac Sugar Mamas
    Rayne Phantom - Independent 169s - Metro Micro Motions

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KojiF View Post
    Okay sorry guys my bad I'll change it.
    I didn't mean same price range, but 200 for a complete is still pretty steep for some people (like me )
    You have to remember, companies like Earthwing give back to the community by sponsoring events, hosting events, etc. When you support them, they in turn give back to the skate community. Does Churchill sponsor events? I honestly have no idea. If they do, my point is void. If not, then you have to think about where/how your money is being spent.
    Maxxspeed, Kebbek, Nelson, Earthwing
    PNL, Ronin, Gunmetal, Independent
    Metro, Sector 9, Cult, Abec 11, These

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheap precision trucks by churchill mfg!!!!!!!

I don't know, someone should suggest that to them!
    ... proceed to crawl up the wall in crab position with your head hanging backwards until you reach the ceiling. Once you are there, start screaming "For the Glory of Satan" while blood seeps out of your eye sockets (bonus points if they land on her desk).

Generally works for me in those kinds of situations.

Post Thanks / Like

They already have.
    I'm certain they were a sponsor at the Adrenalina push race and also hosted the after party.
    What's a longboard?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheap precision trucks by churchill mfg!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffvyain View Post
    Pardon me for speaking up.
    How about next time, you just hold your tongue? Between your what-if business scenario and your sage business advice, you've said nothing new, insightful, or a bit helpful. Maybe there would be a need to speak up about their prices, if there were a large sum of companies out there doing the same. But, can you name another? Maybe Moose, but I'm doubting they see a lot of repeat customers. You have a job, nonetheless with a board company, so I'm sure the source of income and employee discounts are quite nice. But there's a ton of families out there that are just scraping by. When a $30 (or more) difference is a big deal, a company like Churchill is a godsend. Not everybody makes their purchases based on price either. They're many other factors including asthetics and customization, which you should be quite familar with... Not to mention shape, which you have stated before that Churchill's (shapes) basically suck. So there's no competition there, right? This thread was meant to keep people informed about their upcoming trucks. So unless you have an update about them, let's stick to the controversial opinions thread. I apologize for clogging up this thread myself. Keep up the good work Churchill, and "make them good!"

I say if you're gonna make trucks, make them good.
    *If* all the board manufacturing houses started selling wholesale blanks online...
    Last edited by NarniaSkate; 11-30-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen.mhsrider View Post
    today someone yelled at me to stop pushing mongo and threw a sandwich at me :(

Post Thanks / Like

My opinions here had nothing to do with the company I work for. Just my opinions on where I'd like to see the industry go, that's it. I say if you're gonna make trucks, make them good. Same with boards, wheels, bearings, whatever. And protect the industry you work in. One Churchill is small potatoes. If all the board manufacturing houses started selling wholesale blanks online, running the big companies out of business who are creating outlets for pro riders and supporting the dreams of all the little groms out there who want to be the next Mischo, running the community shops out of business that are helping put on local events and keeping the stoke alive, well, that would suck. That's just my opinion, but I can't imagine that anyone else who works for a board company or shop would feel any differently about that. Pardon me for speaking up.
    True, but if blanks could kill the market shortboard companies would be dead. At least I think.

Disclaimer- I am not hating because you ride bustin, Im actually curious as to your response to this point.
    WTS
    8.5/10 Tiffany. Slight ding on nose, stickered up bottom. $90
    9.8/10 Pagan flush. Super fun deck. gator grip. Rode twice. $95
    8.5/10 EWMM. no graphic. Offer up, and it better be a real good offer

RII 150mm, 852 Bears, 50 cals

Want: Kebbek RR, Hula

Post Thanks / Like

It's not that all companies would die. Those brand names have a lot of history and the brand itself has not died one bit, just the company's viability. Hence why most major skateboard brands are outsourcing to China in order to stay viable, and why most of the skateboard industry was bought out by larger corporations. While the companies themselves do exist, the greatness that they once were does not. Now the major events are held by Monster and Redbull.

I appreciate the sentiment about being poor and needing to skate. To that I say, the more community events you attend...after a few, you are very likely to just be handed a board. Or there's a very affordable used market out there. Or there's Earthwing. Or there are lawns to be mowed, lemonade stand businesses, greasy hamburgers to be made, etc etc. Do you think I don't know what it's like to be poor? When I started here I was making 10 bucks an hour assembling boards and splitting $1250 a month with my then-girlfriend. We were pretty much just staying together so we could share rent. I had my hustle on, constantly looking for work just to get my feet planted. 4-5 days a week, my diet consisted primarily of bagels...I'd buy a 6 pack in the morning and eat them throughout the day. Cost me 7 bucks a day to live and get the calories I needed to work. And yea, I'm making a paycheck now, but I've got a frickin baby on the way! Not to get all preachy on anybody, but guys, there's always a way. If Churchill didn't exist, you would find a way to get that extra 40-50 bucks. It's cool they do exist for some of ya'll. I get that. Enjoy the skate, keep on shreddin.

Addicted Cruiser brooklynbomber718's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

relavent because alternate sources of income.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesbiansAreGay View Post
    I wear helmets on the same basis as i do condoms, if ****'s looking risky strap up.... but if you've been hitting the same road you been hitting for the last month there's no reason to act like a stranger
    Quote Originally Posted by cvcdx View Post
    I skate to get off, not to get hurt...
    Quote Originally Posted by animal chin View Post
    The hightailer listens to metal.
    i'm Ed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skanonymous View Post
    You have to remember, companies like Earthwing give back to the community by sponsoring events, hosting events, etc. When you support them, they in turn give back to the skate community. Does Churchill sponsor events? I honestly have no idea. If they do, my point is void. If not, then you have to think about where/how your money is being spent.
    Thanks and yes we do. Churchill was a big sponsor of the San Diego Adrenalina Longboard race last month. We donated 3 boards, wheels, grip and 500 in cash. Plus we sponsored the entire after party with drinks on us and giveaways. We supported the race with our rider Matt who placed 11th. Plus we sponsor every local slide jam that comes along. We have 6 flow riders and 4 street riders. We've sponsored Earthwings slide Jam on the east coast with sunglasses. Marryhill, and I don't know, a bunch of stuff. We feed product to athletes all the time. There are giveaways every month. We are also a major sponsor for Michael Brooke's Longboarding for Peace movement. Check that out, it's a good cause. They need more sponsors if any other brands are interested. We also support the industry with full page ads in concrete and a full page of the calender, plus a page in AXS gear mag. All this money is used to help keep the industry's best longboard mag alive. Sorry for the long post.

Next year you will see the launch of our graphics line and we will be looking for more riders.
    Last edited by warco; 11-30-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just going to leave this here.

HOW CORPORATIONS ARE CHANGING SKATEBOARDING AND WHY IT MATTERS | Jenkem Magazine

Why can't this thread stay on topic? That topic being Churchill's precision trucks that we're all curious about. Support whoever you want with your wallet, that's the best way to do things. I see nothing wrong with what Churchill is doing and I see nothing wrong with what a majority of the big companies are doing, Although I will always think that 120 for an all wood freeride deck is ridiculous. I can get a shop blank, probably pressed and cut at Watson for around 30. Am I supposed to believe it costs that much more for a slightly longer board? Keep in mind I'm comparing prices to street board prices.

From where I'm standing I can see that longboarding as it's own thing is going through a Renaissance of sorts. There are companies that are being established as the big boys in the game, yet still room for the little guy. Churchill is carving out their own niche and I honestly and completely hope when things and companies get established we see an overall reduction in prices, but that's yet another topic...
    Quote Originally Posted by kornmealz View Post
    So my apex would be able to become a drop-through?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys should i make a new thread for all you to argue? Im sorry, i mean "debate". Lol....but...i could...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrSkaCtopus View Post
    Why can't this thread stay on topic? That topic being Churchill's precision trucks that we're all curious about.
    Becuase there isn't any information available about the trucks... when there are no facts to have rediculous opinions about, 'fish still have rediculous opinions

Quote Originally Posted by DrSkaCtopus View Post
    Support whoever you want with your wallet, that's the best way to do things. I see nothing wrong with what Churchill is doing and I see nothing wrong with what a majority of the big companies are doing, Although I will always think that 120 for an all wood freeride deck is ridiculous. I can get a shop blank, probably pressed and cut at Watson for around 30. Am I supposed to believe it costs that much more for a slightly longer board? Keep in mind I'm comparing prices to street board prices.
    Sweet, back to talking about something other than these fabled precision trucks...

The way I see it, a graphic and a higher price shows that a company is confident in their product. They put the time and effort into designing something quality instead of just putting out cheap shapes willy nilly. Additionally if you are buy a rider's pro model then you know that some of that money is going directly to that rider.
    Instagram: @adrian_da_kine

Quote Originally Posted by MalakaiKingston View Post
    Responsibility at its core is always a question of personal responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by URBS
    [11:55 AM] Bonz so hard mothereaglesharkers wanna fine me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aFoolOnAHill View Post
    Becuase there isn't any information available about the trucks... when there are no facts to have rediculous opinions about, 'fish still have rediculous opinions

Sweet, back to talking about something other than these fabled precision trucks...

The way I see it, a graphic and a higher price shows that a company is confident in their product. They put the time and effort into designing something quality instead of just putting out cheap shapes willy nilly. Additionally if you are buy a rider's pro model then you know that some of that money is going directly to that rider.
    Alright, let's look at pro model street decks. They generally fall somewhere around 60 bucks, how can any company justify charging double that for a board that's slightly wider and slightly longer? Like I said, it's a wholly different argument, so I won't respond anymore about it after this post (because you know, it really doesn't pertain to this thread at all...) The companies are charging these prices because, for some reason, people are paying these prices. I'm still hoping that the price of stuff will drop at some point. If the construction is different and it isn't just an all wood board I could see paying a little more. I understand that companies have to make an ROI with their new boards, paying off all the R&D and all of that, but still. The big companies should, in my mind have the cheaper prices while the little guys charge more because they literally have to. (I believe that a lot of the progression is made by the little guys out there who take an idea and run with it and build their whole company on such ideas).

Dat's awl. Byeez

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not toally certain on this point but I do think a company like Element or even Krooked is selling way more decks than a Comet or an Earthwing, and prices go down based on quantity manufactured. Also with street skating you have to factor in that kids snap or otherwise break their decks more often than kids break their longboards, so they have to pay to replace them more frequently. If you're a fairly good street skater you're probably snapping at least one deck a month whereas I bet most longboarders are getting more than twice the life out of their decks, so Longboard companies have to charge more because they aren't going to get as much repeat customer traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porygon Two View Post
    I'm not toally certain on this point but I do think a company like Element or even Krooked is selling way more decks than a Comet or an Earthwing, and prices go down based on quantity manufactured. Also with street skating you have to factor in that kids snap or otherwise break their decks more often than kids break their longboards, so they have to pay to replace them more frequently. If you're a fairly good street skater you're probably snapping at least one deck a month whereas I bet most longboarders are getting more than twice the life out of their decks, so Longboard companies have to charge more because they aren't going to get as much repeat customer traffic.
    Said I wasn't going to comment again, but that is a good point..

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, my answer was going to be volume... that and chineseness.
    Instagram: @adrian_da_kine

Quote Originally Posted by MalakaiKingston View Post
    Responsibility at its core is always a question of personal responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by URBS
    [11:55 AM] Bonz so hard mothereaglesharkers wanna fine me

Post Thanks / Like

Silverfish you suck.
    You make people butthurt and all.
    Malaysia

Ronins
    Get them

Moderator Capo di Tutti Posto BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoga shorts would be even better.
    Me gusta. I can only hope to see more girls wearing them.
    Here's the front view of such a sleek and ergonomic piece of apparel...

My Fleet: Loaded: Dervish, Dancer, Fattail, Bhangra/Roggs Dancer/LBL: Komodo & OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis/Earthwing Thruster/Soda Factory Born to Hula/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AM wood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Straight Outta Compton I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warco View Post
    text about who and what you sponsored
    If you can name the individual events you've sponsored, you're blowing it. Get out there and sponsor all the legit races/jams. Thats like me saying I've skated gmr x amount of times, this road this many times etc. No one cares exactly what you've sponsored, just the fact that your sponsoring events is good. This thread was derailed a long time ago, so heres the yoga pants

IDGR - LANDYACHTZ - OJOOM Pucks - ABEC 11 - ¿? Clutch/Airotica/CandySpanks
    R.I.P. Mahesh Mahadevan, friend and fellow longboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch View Post
    True, he's a douche but he's a humorous douche... so, here at the SF we enjoy him from afar...
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rimes View Post
    Topmount is what the gangsters ride.

Post Thanks / Like

If I could buy "pro" longboard decks for $60 a piece I would buy them as often as I buy my street decks just to try new stuff.
    SODA FACTORY/OJOOM

No Coast

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Spend time outside of comfort-zone, but well within limit.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS