ADVERTISEMENT

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1780
  1. #101
    Concrete Kahuna PurrCrabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Ethos OWNS. Caliber 44, grey Metro Motions, stock blood orange bottom, 85a venom barrel top w/ flat washer. NO risers, NO wheelbite. Pops better than my EW Crewzer does right now
    C R Boardworks - Fullbag Skates - Soda Factory - Phat Deanz - Surf Rodz - LongboardSkater - EastCoastCoreSkates


  2. ADVERTISEMENT


  3. #102
    Concrete Kahuna TKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rocctown, CA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    312

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    It's better on Indy 169s and Gravity Burners
    Skateboarding is for kooks.
    GMR Skateboards Ronin Trucks Xtreme Board Shop Knucklenuts
    Grand Marshal/official mascot Team S9C

  4. #103
    Concrete Kahuna crazychink1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    616

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post
    It's better on Indy 169s and Gravity Burners
    Definitely. It even has new school mounting. Galaxy is a sweet all around board.

  5. #104
    Addicted Cruiser Goannaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Age
    36
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Just thought I would chime in with some art love.

    I really like the new art, but hey, if you don't...seems easy to fix. Also, FSMini is great. Love the rocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsmjrv View Post
    wow dude at leas you still have your dick...

  6. #105
    Concrete Kahuna crazychink1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    616

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    So for people who doubt the durability of our boards...here is some proof of durability:

    This Ethos was run over by a car and came out just fine. Still perfectly rideable. Trucks held up just fine as well

  7. #106
    Stoked! NewbieMcNoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Hey I just bought a Shred 38, im f!@#% stoked!!! Anybody know what the delivery time is more or less, one week?two weeks? three weeks? one month? i'll eat my own dick im too excited!!

  8. #107
    Addicted Cruiser antonio12344's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    what wheels are those?? ^^
    longboarding is fun guys

  9. #108
    Addicted Cruiser NoHillsInSight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by crazychink1987 View Post
    So for people who doubt the durability of our boards...here is some proof of durability:

    This Ethos was run over by a car and came out just fine. Still perfectly rideable. Trucks held up just fine as well
    Pretty big crack in the grab rail, but that is a lot better than most boards that would just snap and the trucks crack.
    My two cents, often illegible bullshit.

  10. #109
    Longskateaholic Arnold Palminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    CO
    Age
    22
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Ordered a Voodoo XL a few weeks ago. This is my first time shreddin a Comet and I'm really stoked on this board so far! It's SUPER stable for downhill and great for sliding as well. It's only been out for a few sessions and a gnarly slide jam and unfortunately it already has a crack between the top two plys. Anyways just wanted to say thanks, I'm stoked, and I'm already considering buying another deck from you guys.

  11. #110
    Concrete Kahuna crazychink1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    616

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieMcNoob View Post
    Hey I just bought a Shred 38, im f!@#% stoked!!! Anybody know what the delivery time is more or less, one week?two weeks? three weeks? one month? i'll eat my own dick im too excited!!
    Delivery time depends on where you are at. I have to see how our inventory currently is. Wait time can be a bit. I will be at Comet HQ next week to work and attend some business meetings with the Comet Team. I'll give people a better ETA time.

  12. #111
    Concrete Kahuna crazychink1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    616

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Palminator View Post
    Ordered a Voodoo XL a few weeks ago. This is my first time shreddin a Comet and I'm really stoked on this board so far! It's SUPER stable for downhill and great for sliding as well. It's only been out for a few sessions and a gnarly slide jam and unfortunately it already has a crack between the top two plys. Anyways just wanted to say thanks, I'm stoked, and I'm already considering buying another deck from you guys.
    Hey dude, we do have a warranty policy. If its just the bottom and top ply, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

  13. #112
    What kind of person *are* you? Order of the 'Fish cawlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8003

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    skated my ethos to 1st in the slide comp at rochester outlaw.

    37" for lyfe mang.





    credit Stephanie Acker

  14. #113
    Fresh Fish Tim420's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indian Hill, OH
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Just got the notice that my FSMini has shipped, so stoked thanks comet
    Last edited by Tim420; 06-14-2011 at 04:42 PM.

  15. #114
    Addicted Cruiser meccaandsoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    What type of wood is used for the grease shark?
    Longboard CNY

    See my chrome is shining Just like an icicle, I ride around town on my lowrider bicycle

    Grease shark
    Caliber 44
    nersh candies 78a

    9two5
    randal 50
    CS raceforms 80a

  16. #115
    Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Trufax, Bro
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    862

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by crazychink1987 View Post
    To answer your question, all of our boards are compostable. You can literally shred it and throw it into the dirt, turn it into mulch, feed, etc. Recently we have been turning all of our scrap wood into useable products. I've seen picture frames, pens, cutting boards, and more all made from our scraps. If you send you send your board back to us after it breaks, we will do just that to it, and we'll throw you a discount off your next board as well.
    saw this in someone's sig. dope.
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

  17. #116
    Banned Concrete Kahuna VKCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by meccaandsoul View Post
    What type of wood is used for the grease shark?
    maple I would imagine.


    Quote Originally Posted by franko1234 View Post
    New Comet construction = boner
    New Comet graphics =
    Man bitches everywhere.

    For the record: All the new comet graphics are sick as hell. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a bitch. [particularly the shred 38 graphic. That rhino is so fucking rad]
    Last edited by VKCA; 06-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.

  18. #117
    Concrete Kahuna crazychink1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    616

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by meccaandsoul View Post
    What type of wood is used for the grease shark?
    All our boards are made from sustainably harvested maple. Its one of the reasons why we moved from the west coast to the east coast. We did this in order to decrease our carbon foot print. So instead of having a truck drive across the country to deliver us wood, we moved to them, only about an hour away from the source.

  19. #118
    Addicted Cruiser Elric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Hey Comet,

    I'd just like to start off by saying that I love both your boards and your company. I proudly own a Voodoo Doll and I shred on it everyday. In fact, I have even recommended a number of friends to check out your boards and some of them have bought them and loved them as much as I do. Keep up the good work with the incredible boards you put out.

    However, when it came time to buy my second board from you I was appalled at how the order went. And I say this not because I feel that I deserve special treatment for being a loyal customer but because I hope that everything I had originally believed about the friendly nature of your company is true and not what I have witnessed.

    When I got out of my last final I ran back to my dorm room and ordered a Shred35 with a custom graphic request (I wanted the shred38 graphic on it) as well as some new wheels. My order was placed on May 9th. I got an email confirmation (!!!) and I couldn't wait to rock your board at the Central Park 2011 race in NYC. Shortly after my order was placed, "Arlo c b" emailed me from the comet email address and let me know that due to the custom order, it would take about 2 1/2 weeks to get to me. And I can understand that, it's a custom order and 2 1/2 weeks is completely reasonable. So I waited patiently until finally about 3 weeks had gone by and the day of the Central Park race was here. Still no board and according to the website, my order hadn't even shipped yet.

    I started to get concerned about the delay so I emailed you guys to see how the order was going. I received no reply. Over the next two weeks I emailed a total of four times, none of which ever received any kind of reply.

    After none of my emails ever received replies, I began calling. This past Monday I called and was able to reach somebody on the customer service line but all he told me was that the office was closed and he couldn't find anything out until tomorrow. He told me he would let me know as soon as he found out.

    The next day I received no email or call back. On Wednesday I called again and wasn't able to reach anybody so I left a message with my contact information and explaining my dilemma. The next day I still hadn't gotten any kind of message so I called again, about 40 minutes ago, and left another message identical to the last.

    So it's been 5 weeks now and according to the website my order still hasn't shipped. To make matters more frustrating for me, out of the seven times I've tried to contact you (4 emails, 3 calls), only one has ever even been acknowledged.

    So please, if anybody sees this PLEASE write/call/email me and let me know either where my board is (My order number is 966) or why nobody has replied to any of my emails or calls in the past month, or preferably both. I want to still believe that Comet is a company worth trusting after this.

    Your customer,

    Adrian

  20. #119
    Concrete Kahuna crazychink1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    616

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Elric View Post
    Hey Comet,

    I'd just like to start off by saying that I love both your boards and your company. I proudly own a Voodoo Doll and I shred on it everyday. In fact, I have even recommended a number of friends to check out your boards and some of them have bought them and loved them as much as I do. Keep up the good work with the incredible boards you put out.

    However, when it came time to buy my second board from you I was appalled at how the order went. And I say this not because I feel that I deserve special treatment for being a loyal customer but because I hope that everything I had originally believed about the friendly nature of your company is true and not what I have witnessed.

    When I got out of my last final I ran back to my dorm room and ordered a Shred35 with a custom graphic request (I wanted the shred38 graphic on it) as well as some new wheels. My order was placed on May 9th. I got an email confirmation (!!!) and I couldn't wait to rock your board at the Central Park 2011 race in NYC. Shortly after my order was placed, "Arlo c b" emailed me from the comet email address and let me know that due to the custom order, it would take about 2 1/2 weeks to get to me. And I can understand that, it's a custom order and 2 1/2 weeks is completely reasonable. So I waited patiently until finally about 3 weeks had gone by and the day of the Central Park race was here. Still no board and according to the website, my order hadn't even shipped yet.

    I started to get concerned about the delay so I emailed you guys to see how the order was going. I received no reply. Over the next two weeks I emailed a total of four times, none of which ever received any kind of reply.

    After none of my emails ever received replies, I began calling. This past Monday I called and was able to reach somebody on the customer service line but all he told me was that the office was closed and he couldn't find anything out until tomorrow. He told me he would let me know as soon as he found out.

    The next day I received no email or call back. On Wednesday I called again and wasn't able to reach anybody so I left a message with my contact information and explaining my dilemma. The next day I still hadn't gotten any kind of message so I called again, about 40 minutes ago, and left another message identical to the last.

    So it's been 5 weeks now and according to the website my order still hasn't shipped. To make matters more frustrating for me, out of the seven times I've tried to contact you (4 emails, 3 calls), only one has ever even been acknowledged.

    So please, if anybody sees this PLEASE write/call/email me and let me know either where my board is (My order number is 966) or why nobody has replied to any of my emails or calls in the past month, or preferably both. I want to still believe that Comet is a company worth trusting after this.

    Your customer,

    Adrian
    Hey Adrian,
    I answered that phone call. Reason why I haven't called you back is because I haven't heard anything about how your order is going. We have a lot of orders backed up at the moment, and your not the only one waiting for a board. We have some regular shred 35s around but because your board is custom, we still haven't gotten to it. I've mentioned before on this thread that custom orders can take awhile. It is definitely taking awhile.

    So my apologies you have to wait so long, but this can happen to all custom orders. I've known people who have waited longer than you have.

    We will be stopping custom orders soon as things like this will happen. We will be having some "specials" on sale soon, so maybe you'll see something you like, but I suggest not placing a custom order unless your willing to wait a long time.

    The 2 weeks is the minimum waiting time, not the max. If you want Adrian, I'd just cancel your order and get a regular shred 35 so you can get to skating.

    Its up to you if you want to keep waiting or if you want to switch.

    --Shawn

    P.S.
    I don't know what is in stock, or what isn't. I also don't know what boards we are pressing at the moment. I also can't get you tracking. I do sales and customer service (I'm very limited to what I can do since I work off site).

  21. #120
    Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Trufax, Bro
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    862

    Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

    shawn brings up a good point. they don't press any board whenever. they build them as demand dictates. The shred series isn't their most popular, so they probably don't press too many too often. odds are they're waiting for a moment of downtime to pull out that shred 35 mold and press your board but it just hasn't happened.
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT



OUR SPONSORS


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join Silverfish