ADVERTISEMENT

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Comet Skateboards Official Thread

Ethos OWNS. Caliber 44, grey Metro Motions, stock blood orange bottom, 85a venom barrel top w/ flat washer. NO risers, NO wheelbite. Pops better than my EW Crewzer does right now
    C R Boardworks - Fullbag Skates - Soda Factory - Phat Deanz - Surf Rodz - LongboardSkater - EastCoastCoreSkates

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's better on Indy 169s and Gravity Burners
    Skateboarding is for kooks.
    GMR Skateboards Ronin Trucks Xtreme Board Shop Knucklenuts
    Grand Marshal/official mascot Team S9C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post
    It's better on Indy 169s and Gravity Burners
    Definitely. It even has new school mounting. Galaxy is a sweet all around board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I would chime in with some art love.

I really like the new art, but hey, if you don't...seems easy to fix. Also, FSMini is great. Love the rocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsmjrv View Post
    wow dude at leas you still have your dick...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for people who doubt the durability of our boards...here is some proof of durability:

This Ethos was run over by a car and came out just fine. Still perfectly rideable. Trucks held up just fine as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I just bought a Shred 38, im f!@#% stoked!!! Anybody know what the delivery time is more or less, one week?two weeks? three weeks? one month? i'll eat my own dick im too excited!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what wheels are those?? ^^
    longboarding is fun guys

Addicted Cruiser NoHillsInSight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazychink1987 View Post
    So for people who doubt the durability of our boards...here is some proof of durability:

This Ethos was run over by a car and came out just fine. Still perfectly rideable. Trucks held up just fine as well
    Pretty big crack in the grab rail, but that is a lot better than most boards that would just snap and the trucks crack.
    My two cents, often illegible bullshit.

Longskateaholic Arnold Palminator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered a Voodoo XL a few weeks ago. This is my first time shreddin a Comet and I'm really stoked on this board so far! It's SUPER stable for downhill and great for sliding as well. It's only been out for a few sessions and a gnarly slide jam and unfortunately it already has a crack between the top two plys. Anyways just wanted to say thanks, I'm stoked, and I'm already considering buying another deck from you guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieMcNoob View Post
    Hey I just bought a Shred 38, im f!@#% stoked!!! Anybody know what the delivery time is more or less, one week?two weeks? three weeks? one month? i'll eat my own dick im too excited!!
    Delivery time depends on where you are at. I have to see how our inventory currently is. Wait time can be a bit. I will be at Comet HQ next week to work and attend some business meetings with the Comet Team. I'll give people a better ETA time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Palminator View Post
    Ordered a Voodoo XL a few weeks ago. This is my first time shreddin a Comet and I'm really stoked on this board so far! It's SUPER stable for downhill and great for sliding as well. It's only been out for a few sessions and a gnarly slide jam and unfortunately it already has a crack between the top two plys. Anyways just wanted to say thanks, I'm stoked, and I'm already considering buying another deck from you guys.
    Hey dude, we do have a warranty policy. If its just the bottom and top ply, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What kind of person *are* you? Order of the 'Fish cawlin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skated my ethos to 1st in the slide comp at rochester outlaw.

37" for lyfe mang.

credit Stephanie Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the notice that my FSMini has shipped, so stoked thanks comet
    Last edited by Tim420; 06-14-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of wood is used for the grease shark?
    Longboard CNY

See my chrome is shining Just like an icicle, I ride around town on my lowrider bicycle

Grease shark
    Caliber 44
    nersh candies 78a

9two5
    randal 50
    CS raceforms 80a

Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazychink1987 View Post
    To answer your question, all of our boards are compostable. You can literally shred it and throw it into the dirt, turn it into mulch, feed, etc. Recently we have been turning all of our scrap wood into useable products. I've seen picture frames, pens, cutting boards, and more all made from our scraps. If you send you send your board back to us after it breaks, we will do just that to it, and we'll throw you a discount off your next board as well.
    saw this in someone's sig. dope.
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meccaandsoul View Post
    maple I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by franko1234 View Post
    New Comet construction = boner
    New Comet graphics =
    Man bitches everywhere.

For the record: All the new comet graphics are sick as hell. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a bitch. [particularly the shred 38 graphic. That rhino is so fucking rad]
    Last edited by VKCA; 06-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meccaandsoul View Post
    All our boards are made from sustainably harvested maple. Its one of the reasons why we moved from the west coast to the east coast. We did this in order to decrease our carbon foot print. So instead of having a truck drive across the country to deliver us wood, we moved to them, only about an hour away from the source.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Comet,

I'd just like to start off by saying that I love both your boards and your company. I proudly own a Voodoo Doll and I shred on it everyday. In fact, I have even recommended a number of friends to check out your boards and some of them have bought them and loved them as much as I do. Keep up the good work with the incredible boards you put out.

However, when it came time to buy my second board from you I was appalled at how the order went. And I say this not because I feel that I deserve special treatment for being a loyal customer but because I hope that everything I had originally believed about the friendly nature of your company is true and not what I have witnessed.

When I got out of my last final I ran back to my dorm room and ordered a Shred35 with a custom graphic request (I wanted the shred38 graphic on it) as well as some new wheels. My order was placed on May 9th. I got an email confirmation (!!!) and I couldn't wait to rock your board at the Central Park 2011 race in NYC. Shortly after my order was placed, "Arlo c b" emailed me from the comet email address and let me know that due to the custom order, it would take about 2 1/2 weeks to get to me. And I can understand that, it's a custom order and 2 1/2 weeks is completely reasonable. So I waited patiently until finally about 3 weeks had gone by and the day of the Central Park race was here. Still no board and according to the website, my order hadn't even shipped yet.

I started to get concerned about the delay so I emailed you guys to see how the order was going. I received no reply. Over the next two weeks I emailed a total of four times, none of which ever received any kind of reply.

After none of my emails ever received replies, I began calling. This past Monday I called and was able to reach somebody on the customer service line but all he told me was that the office was closed and he couldn't find anything out until tomorrow. He told me he would let me know as soon as he found out.

The next day I received no email or call back. On Wednesday I called again and wasn't able to reach anybody so I left a message with my contact information and explaining my dilemma. The next day I still hadn't gotten any kind of message so I called again, about 40 minutes ago, and left another message identical to the last.

So it's been 5 weeks now and according to the website my order still hasn't shipped. To make matters more frustrating for me, out of the seven times I've tried to contact you (4 emails, 3 calls), only one has ever even been acknowledged.

So please, if anybody sees this PLEASE write/call/email me and let me know either where my board is (My order number is 966) or why nobody has replied to any of my emails or calls in the past month, or preferably both. I want to still believe that Comet is a company worth trusting after this.

Your customer,

Adrian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric View Post
    Hey Comet,

I'd just like to start off by saying that I love both your boards and your company. I proudly own a Voodoo Doll and I shred on it everyday. In fact, I have even recommended a number of friends to check out your boards and some of them have bought them and loved them as much as I do. Keep up the good work with the incredible boards you put out.

However, when it came time to buy my second board from you I was appalled at how the order went. And I say this not because I feel that I deserve special treatment for being a loyal customer but because I hope that everything I had originally believed about the friendly nature of your company is true and not what I have witnessed.

When I got out of my last final I ran back to my dorm room and ordered a Shred35 with a custom graphic request (I wanted the shred38 graphic on it) as well as some new wheels. My order was placed on May 9th. I got an email confirmation (!!!) and I couldn't wait to rock your board at the Central Park 2011 race in NYC. Shortly after my order was placed, "Arlo c b" emailed me from the comet email address and let me know that due to the custom order, it would take about 2 1/2 weeks to get to me. And I can understand that, it's a custom order and 2 1/2 weeks is completely reasonable. So I waited patiently until finally about 3 weeks had gone by and the day of the Central Park race was here. Still no board and according to the website, my order hadn't even shipped yet.

I started to get concerned about the delay so I emailed you guys to see how the order was going. I received no reply. Over the next two weeks I emailed a total of four times, none of which ever received any kind of reply.

After none of my emails ever received replies, I began calling. This past Monday I called and was able to reach somebody on the customer service line but all he told me was that the office was closed and he couldn't find anything out until tomorrow. He told me he would let me know as soon as he found out.

The next day I received no email or call back. On Wednesday I called again and wasn't able to reach anybody so I left a message with my contact information and explaining my dilemma. The next day I still hadn't gotten any kind of message so I called again, about 40 minutes ago, and left another message identical to the last.

So it's been 5 weeks now and according to the website my order still hasn't shipped. To make matters more frustrating for me, out of the seven times I've tried to contact you (4 emails, 3 calls), only one has ever even been acknowledged.

So please, if anybody sees this PLEASE write/call/email me and let me know either where my board is (My order number is 966) or why nobody has replied to any of my emails or calls in the past month, or preferably both. I want to still believe that Comet is a company worth trusting after this.

Your customer,

Adrian
    Hey Adrian,
    I answered that phone call. Reason why I haven't called you back is because I haven't heard anything about how your order is going. We have a lot of orders backed up at the moment, and your not the only one waiting for a board. We have some regular shred 35s around but because your board is custom, we still haven't gotten to it. I've mentioned before on this thread that custom orders can take awhile. It is definitely taking awhile.

So my apologies you have to wait so long, but this can happen to all custom orders. I've known people who have waited longer than you have.

We will be stopping custom orders soon as things like this will happen. We will be having some "specials" on sale soon, so maybe you'll see something you like, but I suggest not placing a custom order unless your willing to wait a long time.

The 2 weeks is the minimum waiting time, not the max. If you want Adrian, I'd just cancel your order and get a regular shred 35 so you can get to skating.

Its up to you if you want to keep waiting or if you want to switch.

--Shawn

P.S.
    I don't know what is in stock, or what isn't. I also don't know what boards we are pressing at the moment. I also can't get you tracking. I do sales and customer service (I'm very limited to what I can do since I work off site).

Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shawn brings up a good point. they don't press any board whenever. they build them as demand dictates. The shred series isn't their most popular, so they probably don't press too many too often. odds are they're waiting for a moment of downtime to pull out that shred 35 mold and press your board but it just hasn't happened.
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS