ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good toronto longboarding spots?

I'm a reletivly new longboarder and can't find any decent longboarding spots that aren't riddled with cars and buses, and I'd hate to be hit by a bus. I saw a TV segment on the xtreme cahnnel about toronto longboarders and they were on some sweet hills but they never said where and I couldn't find any street signs in the video. If anyone knows any good hills in toronto I'd love to hear it.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duuuuude,

Good to see another toronto longboarder, quite a few active ontarians on here, and the odd torontonian but they don't post much.

For some good toronto longboarding spots -don't know why you'd want to longboard right now, although today was alright- click here. If you wanna go skating sometime I'd probably be down in the spring time. But right now, skating is a hit or miss event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday and today were decent but ya it's kinda off season now, but it's always good to know were some spots are. That website is great thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Good toronto longboarding spots?

yo man i was begginning to think i was one of de only riders in de city..... if ur into bombing i suggest the hill on young street just outside york mills station. good times are mid day when there no car and aroun 8ish cuz the lights make it good enough to see but there not many cars.....also around castle loma are some nice smooth hills

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm in mississauga, but i'm planning to be a longboarder soon. there ain't much hills one can travel down that there wont be traffic.

There is one straight hill that is long enough for a 5 min run, but again it can be a busy street unless it's like at night time.

I'm trying to learn of any places downtown that sells longboards, because I heard my sister say she sees longboarders everywhere downtown when she goes to school. Anyone know of any?

But back to the topic, i've only lived in toronto since i was a kid so i don't remember much, but I do remember a steep hill on Dufferin, from Eglinton down to Dupont. However that's full of traffic still probably.

ewbellycarver - indy215 - stockbushings92a - grippins70mm78a - bonesreds

OLFuhrer Concrete Kahuna mcgoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know of any 5 minute runs anywhere near Toronto. You have to travel for at least a coupel of hours for those. Almost any hill you skate in the city is going to be busy.

Go here -> ontariolongboarding.com

THere are lots of shops listed and a lot of events happening all the time. Lurk before you leap.

www.BCLongboards.com Addicted Cruiser Bryant@BCLongboards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pintail4ever View Post
    I'm a reletivly new longboarder and can't find any decent longboarding spots that aren't riddled with cars and buses, and I'd hate to be hit by a bus. I saw a TV segment on the xtreme cahnnel about toronto longboarders and they were on some sweet hills but they never said where and I couldn't find any street signs in the video. If anyone knows any good hills in toronto I'd love to hear it.
    You can view and submit runs on BC's website. We have a world longboarding map that currently has runs in 5 countries. Submit your favorite runs and spread the stoke.

Heres a link to the map!
    Bryant Cooper Longboards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow thats cool to hear other people in toronto are looking for hills lol and thanks this thread has helped me find a couple spots to ride my flexdex!

you guys should check out the flexdex street team at www.flexdex.ning.com, and we should work on getting an event organized to get a bunch of torontos longboarders together! find a good spot and a good date and do it up!!!
    Last edited by Dylan Hansen; 05-28-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of events already planned for the summer! WOOO!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A17. View Post
    i'm in mississauga, but i'm planning to be a longboarder soon. there ain't much hills one can travel down that there wont be traffic.

There is one straight hill that is long enough for a 5 min run, but again it can be a busy street unless it's like at night time.

I'm trying to learn of any places downtown that sells longboards, because I heard my sister say she sees longboarders everywhere downtown when she goes to school. Anyone know of any?

But back to the topic, i've only lived in toronto since i was a kid so i don't remember much, but I do remember a steep hill on Dufferin, from Eglinton down to Dupont. However that's full of traffic still probably.
    DUDE! im from mississauga too!!
    So i just bought my longboard and I am too finding it hard to find good spots. I live near Square One so I look around there. The street on rathburn from Mavis to Confederation is sick man. Not too much of a hill, and you can use the sidewalk cause its wide enough (on the right side).

There are places that sell longboards in T.O. The place I would recommend you to go to is So Hip It Hurts. Its on Queen Street near MuchMusic. Google it and youll get the address. The only problem with places here in toronto is that they're expensive man. I was looking to get a dervish there. And while i was shocked they had lots of stuff in stock, the over price was quite hefty. I just got mine from switchbacklongboards.com. They're in B.C. so you dont have to pay customs or any of that crap. Genuine dudes, def go with them.

If you ever wanna ride together let me know. Now that its summer, ive been finding sunday mornings are the best time to ride.

Hope this helped!
    Loaded Dervish Flex 2
    Paris Adam Colton Signature 180 mm
    Seismic Speedvents 77mm 80a
    Rock 'n Rons Ballistic Missiles
    = Heaven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carve4life View Post
    So i just bought my longboard and I am too finding it hard to find good spots. I live near Square One so I look around there. The street on rathburn from Mavis to Confederation is sick man. Not too much of a hill, and you can use the sidewalk cause its wide enough (on the right side).

There are places that sell longboards in T.O. The place I would recommend you to go to is So Hip It Hurts. Its on Queen Street near MuchMusic. Google it and youll get the address. The only problem with places here in toronto is that they're expensive man. I was looking to get a dervish there. And while i was shocked they had lots of stuff in stock, the over price was quite hefty. I just got mine from switchbacklongboards.com. They're in B.C. so you dont have to pay customs or any of that crap. Genuine dudes, def go with them.

If you ever wanna ride together let me know. Now that its summer, ive been finding sunday mornings are the best time to ride.

Hope this helped!
    Ya your right bro, I'm in central toronto and the best thing to do when looking for a deck is to get it off of switchback. They've got great boards for good prices. As for places to go, well, truth be told there really arn't any "good" places to board, but my suggestion is this; practice carving, sliding and braking on flat ground in the day, and do downhill during the night. Wear a helmet, cops caught me last night in fact without one. Larger streets are the best, as they provide more room to maneuvre. As for traffic, well, your going to have to stick to bike paths untill its clear. Hope This was helpfull, and good luck as a new boarder.
    Setup:

Rayne Hellcat Dee-Lite
    Lemon Big Zigs
    Randal 180's on 42's (matte black)

"Only stoners longboard"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PetroCanada View Post
    Ya your right bro, I'm in central toronto and the best thing to do when looking for a deck is to get it off of switchback. They've got great boards for good prices. As for places to go, well, truth be told there really arn't any "good" places to board, but my suggestion is this; practice carving, sliding and braking on flat ground in the day, and do downhill during the night. Wear a helmet, cops caught me last night in fact without one. Larger streets are the best, as they provide more room to maneuvre. As for traffic, well, your going to have to stick to bike paths untill its clear. Hope This was helpfull, and good luck as a new boarder.
    lmao "PetroCanada". i like it lol
    Loaded Dervish Flex 2
    = Heaven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switchback? sounds like a plan, just gotta wait until I get a credit card.

As for getting booked by the cops, did you get fined?

Carve4Life There's like nothing to skate on that street lol. It may be a boring run, but look into Eastgate Pkwy, from Dixie to Tomken. I wouldn't recommend it at night because I'm pretty sure there are posers who do drag races there. The slope generally is nothing big, one push fro m the top means about 10 to 15km/h during most of the ride. I don't know if that's true, but I went down that hill on my bike it felt so slow, but it's long.

Ontario is too flat haha. Well luckily that means we don't live near a continental fault, imagine you're going down a hill and suddenly there's an earthquake. Not only that the road before you is starting to break apart. it'd be the next disaster movie, for longboarders! haha

ewbellycarver - indy215 - stockbushings92a - grippins70mm78a - bonesreds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A17. View Post
    Switchback? sounds like a plan, just gotta wait until I get a credit card.

As for getting booked by the cops, did you get fined?

Carve4Life There's like nothing to skate on that street lol. It may be a boring run, but look into Eastgate Pkwy, from Dixie to Tomken. I wouldn't recommend it at night because I'm pretty sure there are posers who do drag races there. The slope generally is nothing big, one push fro m the top means about 10 to 15km/h during most of the ride. I don't know if that's true, but I went down that hill on my bike it felt so slow, but it's long.

Ontario is too flat haha. Well luckily that means we don't live near a continental fault, imagine you're going down a hill and suddenly there's an earthquake. Not only that the road before you is starting to break apart. it'd be the next disaster movie, for longboarders! haha
    aw yeah man i know ive found so many good other spots! lakeshore, lakefront, streetsville, oakville. if you look hard enough you will find some! check parks on lakeshore, they have slopes and gradual bends. its a very nice ride.

i got a warning from the cops that day lol, they gave me a green slip saying that i had violated the something act of ontario. lol!
    Loaded Dervish Flex 2
    = Heaven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're in the GTA, you should definitely check out Flood on College St. Good shop. If you're ordering in Canada, also check out pipelinesurf. Their selection isn't as good as Switchbacks, but they communicate well and offer free shipping which is very rad.
    Bustin Spliff - White 3DM Avalon, 184mm Tracker Darts
    Motion Bigfish - Lime ZigZags, 180mm Randal RIIs
    GFH Twenty-Seven - GFH Chubbies, GFH 3" Trucks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carve4life View Post

Hope this helped!
    If your'e by So Hip It Hurts, you might as well go to Hogtown (King and Spadina). I got a way better deal there than I did at So Hip It Hurts, but it's always great to know someone there
    Vanny 38''/Paris 180/Lime BigZigs/Yellow Venoms/Reds
    9-Star/Gullwing Chargers/Black Hawgs Monsters/Reds
    Homemade Dancing Board/RII 180/70's Flashbacks/Lucky 7
    Homade Short Campus Cruiser/Paris 150/Gumballs/Mini's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation parking garages TORONTO

Its late sumer , I am looking for indoor parking garages this fall and winter . Any locals know of any ? And /or would love to join a group of skaters , if not I will start one ...please be good and respond...moocho thanks Geebee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no good hills to skate in the GTA...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't listen to the French guy.

Jessica Corchia enjoyed the poopchute (probably the best spot in the city).

so did a young lad named Chapman

There are a few spots to keep you entertained, but you should go here to learn about them

http://ontariolongboarding.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah thats why all you Ontarions move out to Vancouver eh?
    too stupid to know the real ####'s in Quebec.

The only thing that smells of #### at our skatespots on a hot summer's day is my ass crack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS