ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Boards on Nord (nordboards.com)

Hey everyone! I talked with the owner to see if we can do some promo discount codes for the silverfish community; he gave me these codes (they are good through the end of the February):

silverfish10 gives you $10 off a purchase of $100, or more.
    silverfish20 gives you $20 off a purchase of $200, or more.
    silverfish30 gives you $30 off a purchase of $300, or more.

The codes (silverfish10, silverfish20, silverfish30) need to be entered on the bill to address screen in the coupon code dialog box (under the e-mail address box).

If you guys have any questions about the site, send me a message or make a post in the thread. We'll be adding more items to our website in the coming months.

Take care, and have a great day.
    Boards on Nord Customer Service Manager; I also do a lot of the ordering. Feel free to message me any suggestions about our website (nordboards.com).

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boards on Nord John View Post

silverfish10 gives you $10 off a purchase of $100, or more.
    silverfish20 gives you $20 off a purchase of $200, or more.
    silverfish30 gives you $30 off a purchase of $300, or more.
    Super Rad.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Pacific. I'm thinking the post isn't going to get that much exposure since it is on the second page of the main thread. Do you know a good way for these codes to get exposure without being spammy?

Thank you everyone for your input.
    Boards on Nord Customer Service Manager; I also do a lot of the ordering. Feel free to message me any suggestions about our website (nordboards.com).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish you guys had more board manufacturers like Earthwing. That would be sick! =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey John I have a question for you about the Landyachtz Switch 42 that you guys supply. Please read, thanks.

I recently ordered a Landyachtz Switch 42, but sadly I received the call that you guys were out of stock the next day I was really bummed, because I wanted it fast because I saw you guys were located in Chico and I live only 80 miles away from that, so I was hoping to get it by Friday to bomb hills as fast as I can.

When do you think the Landyachtz Switch 42 will ship to me? I've been checking the status of my order, and sadly for Order Status and Tracking it's been blank since Monday I was wondering when you guys would get more in stock, because I got the phone call and I believe it was you that said that it might come to me by the end of the week or early next week? So I just want to ask you the status of getting the new shipments of the Switch 42, because I am really anxious to get it.

hope you reply, thanks for reading this

Addicted Cruiser thatoneblahguy's Avatar
    the good ol' tricities in the unknown desert half of washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might have a better time calling them or sending customer service an e-mail. check their "contact us" page brahstefarian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To kenis1337,

We were suppose to have our Landyachtz order yesterday; I placed a Loaded, and Landyachtz order on Friday. Loaded was here yesterday (Wednesday), but no Landyachtz; the Landyachtz order was shipping from South Califronia (they have a warehouse in Compton), just like Loaded ships from Southern California. I called our Landyachtz rep, and he said that the order hadn't even shipped yet. I find it frustrating that our Loaded was shipped out on Monday, and our Landyachtz order hasn't been shipped; don't forget both these orders were placed around the same time on Friday.

I have to contact all our Landyachtz customers that were expecting the shipment to arrive yesterday. You'll get a call from me probably in the next couple of hours. We'll talk then.

Feel free to message me on silverfish, post in this thread, e-mail me, or call me; whichever method you prefer is fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my Flashbacks today. 1) Quick 2) Cheap 3) Free Rush bearings. Good job!
    Quiver: Bustin Mekanik, Clutch Die Hula Die!, Nelson Spindrift, Sector 9 Tiffany, Wild Monkey Racing Kukri, Paris and Cast Ronin trucks, any and all wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated. What durometer of the Flashbacks did you get?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered a board from you guys last summer. I'm glad I found your shop because the board from you guys was actually the cheapest compared to many other popular online stores. I figured out how to customize my order through the comments and all. I wanted a certain size riser, and after saying so in the comments, I got exactly what I ordered. Personally though I like knowing that with my purchase I'm getting spacers, risers, grip tape etc... For free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated. What durometer of the Flashbacks did you get?
    I ordered 81A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your youtube videos are hillarious

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting the 81a's in stock was really tough (they're extremely popular); I plan on trying them out soon.

To Maggot: We are trying to find out the best way to let our customers know that our complete longboards are gripped, and that you can request certain items for free (shock pads, riser pads, bearings spacers). Also, thanks for the support, your input, and the kind words. Any suggestions about making this transparent? We need it to be simple so we don't scare off the Grandmas, and Moms.

We're working on our youtube videos. We haven't posted a video in a while because we are taking a more serious approach to this area. They probably won't be as hilarious in the future. Thanks for watching though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, @/@/)//)-@,,,,-(_
    Last edited by draketheman64; 02-16-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am about to leave work, and I'd like to have a thorough reply to Drake. I'll be back tomorrow with one. I have nothing against Drake. He spoke his mind, and told what he knows from experience. I appreciate the kind words he said about me.

What I would like to say is that I am trying to make this board shop a genuine board shop, and not an exploitation of the scene. I understand exactly what Drake is saying, and that is why we are reaching out to the longboarding community to make our shop better.

It sucks about the past baggage, and there is nothing I can say that gives reason to excuse these past issues because it is inexcusable. Basically I work at the store, and I want it to be a better place. I've been working here since March 2011 (towards the end of the month). I love the longboarding community, and I hate the over commercialization that is going on; I see a parallel with longboarding, and what happened to the grunge music scene.

I'll be back tomorrow. Once again, I'd like to thank everyone for their posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha The owner's brother beat eat up a kid in the shop? Besides all the claims of assault and malpractice drake has made about nord, I don't see reason to support you guys in first place. John, if your acting alone without any direction from a supervisor, than cudos to you, but I can't get with it. Also, it seems a bit condescending when you speak of the over commercialization of the sport when you guys very suddenly want to reach out to the longboarding community(more specifically it's market). I look at it more as the popularization of skateboarding as a whole, but than there's others that push for the separatism of longboarding from skateboarding.
    BODHI SKATEBOARDS

Quote Originally Posted by XSlane View Post
    Apex 37 with S8's, Lime BigZigs and Cell Swiss Bearings. $209. Best all around deck. Period. Original Skateboards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To blackantz 915: I started at the bottom when I first came to work at Boards on Nord. I was promoted to the Customer Service Manager around June. From there I was given an additional responsibility of stopping the fraud that was going on. Recently (late-January), I was given weekly budgets to do most of the ordering for the store. Basically I'm my own boss, which is good but also sucks because if anything goes wrong then it's all on me. I don't have a supervisor, I've learned mostly everything about my different jobs from scratch.

You are right, what I said was a bit condescending; I should have worded what I said better, I apologize. I was about to leave work, and I saw the post by Drake. I had to respond, but I didn't have the time to respond with a quality reply. What I meant to say about the over commercialization is how there is a lot of dead weight in the industry when it comes to brands bringing nothing new to the table (I'm talking about substance, not gimmicks). Because I am able to do a lot of the ordering now (before I didn't do any), I wanted to see what longboarders wanted. I know what I want as a longboarder, but my perception is only a narrow view of the big picture; I need help from the community, that is why I reached out on my own recently.

If you don't want to support us, I understand; I have nothing against anyone wanting to take their money elsewhere. I came to Boards on Nord to give it my best, and it sucks that there are somethings I can't fix (e.g. things in the past).

I don't know what happened to Drake's post, but I think I was able to sum up what I needed to say.

Thank you for your time, and your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting the 81a's in stock was really tough (they're extremely popular); I plan on trying them out soon.

To Maggot: We are trying to find out the best way to let our customers know that our complete longboards are gripped, and that you can request certain items for free (shock pads, riser pads, bearings spacers). Also, thanks for the support, your input, and the kind words. Any suggestions about making this transparent? We need it to be simple so we don't scare off the Grandmas, and Moms.
    A simple request or explanation about how you deal with completes, either at the top of the completes page, or right above the pulldown menu of each complete. Something like, "all completes come assembled with hardware, grip tape and shock pads or risers if necessary. If you have any specific requests for risers, shock pads or bearing spacers, please enter a request in comments page when you order your complete. We often stock small hardware items that are not advertised on our website."

I tried the 81a Flashbacks for a few minutes yesterday. Pretty nice, but I couldn't really give them a thorough workout because it was wet out.

Concrete Kahuna Freeridincalistyle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the time that you're putting into this. I'm not really sure what happened with drake ( i got to read his post before deletion), but from what i've seen you're putting a real effort towards changes in Boards on Nord. Ill definitely pick up some wheels and maybe some grip/hardware soon from you guys. I hope that if anything was wrong it can be changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maggot, thanks for the advice; it's really helpful, and makes a lot of sense.

Freeridincalistyle, thanks for the post and kind words. I'm hoping that I can make change; I'm definitely going to give it my best. There should be some grip tape on the site soon; Vicious, Jessup, Mini Logo, MOB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS