ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Freestyle Longboard?

Hey I have a Custom 35 longboard by Original Skateboards right now and I'm loving it to bits, but I'd like to have something that I can do tricks on. This board is great for carving down hills and it turns on a dime, but tricks aren't really plausible because the trucks are very sensitive, and especially with flipping/jumping tricks, landing on the board will definitely prove to be difficult and result in a lot of injury. I'm not saying that it's impossible, I'm just looking for another board for another style of boarding.

That being said, what are some good longboards for freestyle? I'd love to learn how to do tricks and maybe a bit of sliding, since it'd make longboarding on flat ground (trick-wise) much more enjoyable. The thing that sucks about longboarding is that whenever you go downhill, you'll always have to go back up sometime or another.

I've been keeping an eye on the Bustin Sojourn, and I'm wondering if it'd be a good board for my needs.

I'm about 5"6, 120lbs, and I'd like a board 30-34" and I'm willing to spend a maximum of $250.

I live in Vancouver, BC, but I'll probably end up buying a board online and having it shipped to a post office in Blaine or something so that I can get a low shipping fee (those Americans have it so good).

So any thoughts or suggestions?

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Freestyle Longboard?

BC Moray, in my opinion. BC is out of stock for some reason or another (you could check out the BC thread in the vendor forum here on the 'fish), but it looks like a great board.

BC Moray
    Clutch Lamb Chop
    50* Calibers
    78a CS Raceforms/78a Mini Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by KKoosh View Post
    Pretty hard to kick the bucket when you're wearing one
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rimes View Post
    Skateboard nerds, inevitably, have the best feeling skateboards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Freestyle Longboard?

Well i would go with an apex 37 or 34 deck. i personally use a modified vanguard for tricks ( i placed the trucks further back giving it a longer nose) which is just a little longer than the 37. so yah. if u want to be able to do some ollie type tricks tho there are three boards u might be interested in
    1: the loaded ceviche
    ive ridden it very fun to ride, 70 mil wheels is the LARGEST i would go, but might considered 65's or 68's or someshit. The down side is the price and the fact that bamboo gets razor tail really quickly.
    2:the origianal hybrid Deck: the cool thing about this one is that it basiclly has an apex nose, which will give (as the name sugests) a hybrid feel between apex style of riding a somewhat traditional skating cuase of the tail. same sort of the cheche except that the nose upturned which is nice, but again bamboo.
    3: XVD crock: pretty much a ceviche, it is made of bammboo now too, so its pretty much just a cheaper ceciche but its cool cuase u can choose the length u want

The boards with tails are the best if ur considering any kind of bowl or something.

Hoped this helped

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EarthWing mini-glider is due out soon. Sounds right up your alley.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tan Ti-

nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    BC Moray, in my opinion. BC is out of stock for some reason or another (you could check out the BC thread in the vendor forum here on the 'fish), but it looks like a great board.

BC Moray
    Moray or Eel, yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by animal chin View Post
    Hell, you could be aggressive pogo-sticking down handrails, or rollerblading, and I will still chill with you. As long as you do it like you mean it, even if you suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get an original apex 34 deck and put randal trucks on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get a kracked skulls m1. You could email the owner for a custom 36", and its cheap as hell. i had 40" and i learned all my tricks on it with no problem. the scimitar is good too, but i feel the m1 is better for crossteps and what not. Ive also landed tricks harder than ive planned and the board never showed any sign of breakage, and im 6'1 and 175 pounds, so it shouldnt break for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBA rest in peace

Addicted Cruiser EJkrackedskulls's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'd definitely go the Kracked Skulls route. Great boards, great prices, and great service. Use my code "EJ" when you make an order for a discount on your entire purchase.
    WWW.KRACKEDSKULLS.COM

Use the promo code "EJ" to receive a 5% discount on ANY order! As an added bonus, anyone who uses my code will have a chance to win free gear! Just send an e-mail to "ejkrackedskulls@gmail.com" with the name that was on your order. Each month I will pick winners at random from the entries sent in! Guaranteed winner every month!

# of entries:
    1-5: Abec 5 bearings
    6-10: 2 bearing winners
    11-20: Choice of M1 or wheels
    21+: 2 winners, each choosing M1 or wheels

Wumbologist I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

save your pennies for the EarthWing Miniglider, its due out soon and i WANT it!

Also, the Earth Wing Thruster is supposed to be sex on wheels...double kicked....$70 for a sick deck, and $150 for an insane complete at the EW website!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skanonymous View Post
    Just so you know, Maxxspeed offers happy endings with all of their boards. It's great seeing the owner of a company take a firm grip of his customer-base, pushing and pulling until success splatters on his face and down his chin.

Maxxspeed Skateboards

Maxxspeed "Fat Elvis"Maxxspeed GarudaMaxxspeed 24" MiniMaxxspeed Slalom V.2

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS