ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board leash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Know what would be cool-a leash that if you fell off the board, that would be like a safety release. When you fall off your board the safety release would trigger, causing the wheels to lock. In a perfect world...
    Guide To Post-Fintastic Spacer World
    All arrogance aside, you've got a lot of options. Best would be to head over to performancelongboarding.com for spacer sizes .400" to .406", and head to this url, http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Skateboard-Longboard-bearing-spacers-Precision-High-Quality-Made-in-USA-/121107473204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3291 6334 , for .408" spacers. These were what I used to make fintastics -- reliable around .408"-.409".

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Board leash

I think that's too farfetched that the leash would wrap around a car axle.

distractingphoenix hit the nail on the head with the ATAT thing.
    You have to remain in your stance. Anytime you do something on your board (be it dancing, sliding, etc) where your body goes switch you're gonna get tangled.
    My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Longskateaholic nymphetaminejunky666's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the thought put into this. In its most basic form it is dangerous for sure; but I think a safe(er) product could be designed. The lighter leash and dog leah are the best I have heard so far.

Also worth a thought is the application of the product. I don't really see it as being used for downhill or sliding or any discipline that already requires great skill.

But as a way for begginers to not lose their boards, and also for commuting; it could be helpful.
    Loaded dervish (flex 1, with some grip tape where it matters)
    Flipped 50* R2's (sanded, 3 inch Khiro kingpins, medium nipples bushings, RiotCups, Amish Washers)
    74 MM, Sector 9 Race Formula wheels (82a)
    Bones Reds (lubed with a mixture of sewing machine oil and WLG)
    BombSquad nose/tail guards (sandwiched between shock strips)
    Rimz ATS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fin1211 View Post
    Know what would be cool-a leash that if you fell off the board, that would be like a safety release. When you fall off your board the safety release would trigger, causing the wheels to lock. In a perfect world...
    Truck axles bend, wheel cores break, nuts can fly off, but having a device that is DESIGN TO CAUSE WHEEL LOCK, if that malfunctions, game over.

south park quote: "If you french fry when your supposed to pizza, your gonna have a bad time..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PASTIME View Post
    Truck axles bend, wheel cores break, nuts can fly off, but having a device that is DESIGN TO CAUSE WHEEL LOCK, if that malfunctions, game over.

south park quote: "If you french fry when your supposed to pizza, your gonna have a bad time..."
    Ahahahahaha STAN DARSH

Addicted Cruiser Stupendous Man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good, safe, and effective solutions are all so elaborate they lose their practicality, but are fun to ponder nontheless.
    Simple but sketchy. Use a snowskate leash.
    The pin idea is good, but not for the wheels. If you had a spring loaded, pin activated brake mechanism almost identical to the brakes on skis, that would pop down when the pin was pulled out causing the brake mechanism to contact the ground and lift at least two of the wheels up off the ground, it could work, and would probably be pretty safe. I could see modifying one of those pogo/brake things with a sturdy spring, and a shorter sleeve with a pin through it just to get an idea if the idea would work, or be worthwhile.

I would not trust attaching anything firmly from myself to my board though. Imagine a skier going down with their skis leashed to them after they pop off. Your gonna get soooooooo ****ed up sooooooo easily, even from a minor tangle.

The idea is attractive, but I dont think I would ever adopt it personally. Feel free to use my idea though if anyone is so inclined. Just be sure to show us all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS