Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Addicted Cruiser TheEskimoMan891's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Haggard old lady Ruins local skate hill

Parts of my neighborhood are still under construction.
    They just finished this super smooth hill and it's technically part of a private neighborhood so we're really not allowed to be there. although everytime we go, we're respectful of the neighbors and if we make a mess we clean it up, but we've been skating it for the past 6-9 months and no problems.

Just this past month this lady has been trying to kick us out everytime we go there.
    We went down the hill once and then walked up the otherside and she was there
    telling us it's a private neighborhood, asking us how we got in and stuff, where do we live.
    and instead of letting us keep walking out of her neighborhood, we were 20 yards from the gate, she made us go the way we came.
    Not too bad right

The next week we we're bombing it, second run down and her and her husband are in a car around the corner driving up. We couldn't see them because of all the brush and the grass until after we had shot around the corner and they were waving their hands, going crazy in there car. We kept going and tried to book out of the "private neighborhood" and hide and i thought we would have time to because she would have to drive up the hill and turn around because it's closed off up there and all that. She ends up catching up to us and telling us we shouldn't be skating that and it's dangerous if a car comes up (mind you the road is closed off on the other end and there is nothing on this hill except for a road) she and her husband keep yelling at us an what not and we just took it respectfully.

That's not going to keep us from skating this hill.

the other night I get a call from my buddy
    "Hey dude i was just skating Cowboy (nickname for the hill) and i wiped out."

so I went over there to check it out

and there lines of gravel covering the second part of the hill.
    Big old rocks and tiny little gravel.
    7 thick lines covered the road.
    lines
    looked like someone just took a bag with a hole in the bottom and dumped it on the hill.

Pissed me off so bad.
    Took me almost 2 hours to sweep it all up.

[/rant]

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Haggard old lady Ruins local skate hill

what is a private neighborhood? Why wouldn't you not allowed to be on the hill? I would read up on your local laws about skateboarding and about "private neighborhoods"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. that would have pissed me off a lot too. some bitch.
    [SpeedFiend] 8:06 pm: wish i had a boyfriend
    [SpeedFiend] 8:07 pm: specially if it was nate lang
    [SpeedFiend] 8:09 pm: i have such a crush on him
    [SpeedFiend] 8:10 pm: i wish he'd lose about ten pounds
    [SpeedFiend] 8:10 pm: he used to look better a few years ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In most cases, "private neighborhoods" are exactly that: private, not open to the public. If you're not a resident, or a guest of a resident, you don't have any right to be there, and in some cases, can be charged with trespassing...
    "Life is short, your boards don't have to be..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kissmedeadly View Post
    what is a private neighborhood? Why wouldn't you not allowed to be on the hill? I would read up on your local laws about skateboarding and about "private neighborhoods"
    Never heard of a gated community? The residents pay a lot of money to live there and have a lot more rights there than you do if you don't live there. It sucks though...it's usually just old rich people who like to complain.

A friend of mine lives in a gated community and there's this super-steep hill in front of his house, but the neighborhood isn't completely built yet and it's not paved all the way. Can't wait!
    Riding...
    -Jati Ryu (topmount)
    -Earthwing SuperModel
    -and a couple others that don't get much of my time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kick her ass

Concrete Kahuna a_speck_of_dust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kissmedeadly View Post
    I would read up on your local laws about skateboarding
    no, DONT do that. the more you dont know the better

anyhow, take that sh!t and dump it on the ladys lawn. they expect you to respect them but not respect you in return? respect is give and get back regardless of age.
    "Courage is being scared to death, but going down that hill anyway"

Addicted Cruiser woohoobaloogapoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's... really fcuked up.

Like really wow.

EDIT:
    Idea. Since you've been respectful to all of the people in the neighborhood and they've let you skate it for that many months, just talk to them about it. They'll probably either vouch for you, be able to invite you guys as guests, or at least try to talk to the old lady. Most people with common sense will thing the gravel thing is really screwed up. Your only problem is finding a way to prove that the old lady put down the gravel.
    Last edited by woohoobaloogapoo; 07-06-2008 at 12:13 PM.
    ... :D ... :D ... :D ... :D ...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbaaay
    i had a dream once that my family collected famous peoples body parts and we had a museum in out backyard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yoshsnh View Post
    kick her ass
    +1
    S9 bomb hills
    dervish
    subsonic reflex 40

Moderator I Support The Fish
    Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is a "private neighborhood" And you have been told to leave several times.. It will most likely get worse each time. To the point of being charged with criminal trespass. Not to gripe, but there is nothing respectful about ignoring her demands. I don't know what a 15 year old considers "old lady" but if she and her husband are retired, they got all the time in the world to make matters worse.
    [FL_RIDER_93] 8:29 pm:edit: { removed due to [FL_RIDER_93] homophobia )
    #[green] 1:38 am: its not like this is my first time with him
    [Arcadium] 4:34 pm: i really dont care about the extra half inch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smack-a-hoe.
    Wild Monkey Racing // NCDH
    www.NCdownhill.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave gale View Post
    If it is a "private neighborhood" And you have been told to leave several times.. It will most likely get worse each time. To the point of being charged with criminal trespass. Not to gripe, but there is nothing respectful about ignoring her demands. I don't know what a 15 year old considers "old lady" but if she and her husband are retired, they got all the time in the world to make matters worse.
    Thats true. This is also comparable to when you get heat skating a garage. Sure it's only one old lady with to much time but treat it the same.

Leave it for a couple weeks. Always be respectful. And skate it without as much worry of hag lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by gordito8me View Post
    noob! you're supposed to flame him, not answer his question. What is this a forum?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyuchi View Post
    If you're not scared about not wearing a helmet, then you're not skating hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneMeyer View Post
    I keep buying new Loaded boards but my rep count isn't going up. WTF!?!

Concrete Kahuna longboardorific's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

contact the neighborhood association about how she is messing up the pretty black roads. they wont let you use many shades of paint, but think about that vandalism!
    youre not a skateboarder though, you are a photographer for a local home magazine. you wanted to take pictures of the pretty neighborhood to send to the magazine but the prettiest section was covered in gravel. instead you had to go *insert rival gated community* and they got the front page.
    Philip Queen, Sex Machine
    As Seen on 'The Loaded Newsletter'
    http://longboardingwithphilip.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While my first instinct was to #### all over her lawn over the course of a year, I think talking to the other neighbors about it would be a wise choice. You just need to be mature enough to understand that no means no, and that this might just be the one that got away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEskimoMan891 View Post
    They just finished this super smooth hill and it's technically part of a private neighborhood so we're really not allowed to be there.
    You answered your own question. It's a private neighborhood. The street would then be privately owned and under the ownership of the people that live there. If there are no trespassing signs up there they could call the cops on you.

I'd see who is on the neighborhood committee and ask them for their permission. You might have to prove to them that you're not going to trash their neighborhood. Do so. If you skate there don't leave trash. If you see trash that isn't yours, pick it up anyway. Don't go crapping on their driveways or tagging their fences. They might so no but if you decide you're going to seek revenge that could do nothing but make them dislike you more. PROVE THEM WRONG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to her door and say this exact thing. NO ADD-LIBBING!!!

Hi, my name is (enter name) (shake her hand). Me and my friends understand that this is a private neighborhood and that you paid a lot of money to live here. I am sorry that we have been disrespecting you and not listening to your requests that we not skate on this road. There are not many areas around that are not on main roads for us to skate and this is one of the safer areas for us to be. However I know that some skaters give us all a bad name by damaging and vandalizing property, making others uncomfortable to have them riding through their neighborhoods. I assure you that we will be very respectful of your neighborhood and its residents but if you are truly uncomfortable with us being here then we will leave. We are not trying to make you uncomfortable by being here.

Say that and you're golden like a shower.

Also going to her door is important, it shows respect. DON'T bring your board with you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would look at the rules of the private neighborhood, i know there is a "private neighborhood" around me, but it basically means you can't park on the street unless you are a guest or a resident. There is nothing in the rules about skateboarding on the street. I think if you want to skate the hell, don't hang around and session for an hour, bomb the hill once with your friends, then head to another spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reece Man View Post

Hi, my name is (enter name) (shake her hand). Me and my friends understand that this is a private neighborhood and that you paid a lot of money to live here. I am sorry that we have been disrespecting you and not listening to your requests that we not skate on this road. There are not many areas around that are not on main roads for us to skate and this is one of the safer areas for us to be. However I know that some skaters give us all a bad name by damaging and vandalizing property, making others uncomfortable to have them riding through their neighborhoods. I assure you that we will be very respectful of your neighborhood and its residents but if you are truly uncomfortable with us being here then we will leave. We are not trying to make you uncomfortable by being here.

Also going to her door is important, it shows respect. DON'T bring your board with you!!!
    this is a good call

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find her house and egg the #### out of it, pour graval on that bitches porch and tell her to shov some up her old saggy ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reece Man View Post

***important note*** DO NOT READ THIS AT HER DOOR... MEMORIZE IT!!! im not being a doushe right now we had someone in my neiborhood bring something like this typed a to a gated communtiy with much the same sercumstances as this situation and read her the apolagy and now we cant ride that hill seriouly memorize that and you'll be skateing there .... another idea you can offer her to try out your board, if she doesn't like it you can alway hope she falls and breaks a hip good luck...
    "there is no problem that cannot be solved with high-explosives..."
    RECOVERING GEAR WHORE
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerforlife View Post
    what if you put griptape on your shoes. then you wouldnt need to regrip your boards when it got less grippy. And could ride on like pure wood. Isnt that genius?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc99david View Post
    i had a dream last night that i was standup sliding these wheels.. do i have a problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS