ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turnin the Eastside

Ok Ok I am finally thinkin i am goin to drop some cash on the eastside board "dropkick" i was leanin to one off the subsonic's i think the DK will add to my skate style. But does anybody know how the DK turns i am lookin for a pretty tight turnin board. Thanks keep pushin.
    scarecrow coffin(ridin the wheels off of it) dregs classic pinner(first longboard so its got memories good and bad dont down it) Eastside Dropkick(tryin to find the tail) dregs biker red,white,and blue flame(it was lost for a few years, really) Arbor GB Sizzler(I told my child I wanted a mini and my GF got it for me, Chicks Rule, so Pops can Role)

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Banned Order of the 'Fish enemy combatant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Turnin the Eastside

Quote Originally Posted by one eye View Post
    Ok Ok I am finally thinkin i am goin to drop some cash on the eastside board "dropkick" i was leanin to one off the subsonic's i think the DK will add to my skate style. But does anybody know how the DK turns i am lookin for a pretty tight turnin board. Thanks keep pushin.
    The wheelbase isn't that long. They turn great.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks bro
    scarecrow coffin(ridin the wheels off of it) dregs classic pinner(first longboard so its got memories good and bad dont down it) Eastside Dropkick(tryin to find the tail) dregs biker red,white,and blue flame(it was lost for a few years, really) Arbor GB Sizzler(I told my child I wanted a mini and my GF got it for me, Chicks Rule, so Pops can Role)

Post Thanks / Like

Those boards are rad. You will def' enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

let me add a lil info i will be mostly rollin around town but i love rollin down some hills and these are real small compared to yall's mountains but i am gettin more at home at speeds so i need a good all around board that i can try some good bombin i think the Dropkick will do both Thanks from a middle aged skater who ain't ready to stop pushin

Banned Order of the 'Fish enemy combatant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just tighten up the rear truck and that board will be good to 40 or 50mph.

Post Thanks / Like

Generous cutots...offered with 76mm wheels (gumballs)
    32" wheelbase will be mucho stable and enough plys that I ecpect a functional kicktail.

Bug Zigs, EW 76mm Superballs would be on my short list.And 77mm Strikers might offer less rolling resistance when not in them thar hills.

I've had my eye on this deck for a lwhile...please post a review.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks bro
    its brah......

Post Thanks / Like

thanks enemy i am just gettin my feet wet on good long speed runs and usually i run tight tight trucks front and rear on moderate down hills but i will try losin up the front alil will that help with control and/or help in slides to scrub off speed? and Brute i will let you know on my thoughts of the new plank and is there any reason to go any bigger on the wheels or is that skaters just over compensating for something else? And to Cranks around these woods its usually Brother when somebody says Brah there usually in the womens underwear section at walmart .) lol Thanks again hollar at yall later. Keep Pushin.

Post Thanks / Like

I did it i ordered my Eastside to day yeah but the 2-3 weeks back order boo sucks oh well i guess it takes longer to get your wood across the Mississippi River.) well got to go rollin

Post Thanks / Like

75mm-77mm is a nice size for wheels, Provides a smoother/plush ride with good roll speed and is large enough to roll over small mammals.
    Rounded edges will typicslly be easier to break free (slide/drift) while a wheel with a square edged profile will tend to have more grip and take a bit more effort to break free.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a package from Eastside today................ It was the 2 t shirts i ordered .( "Give Me Board or Give Me Death" --Ben "Cool Daddy" Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Same boat here. What setup r u thinkin. Trucks? R u Gettin it complete?

Mawd Bawss Order of the 'Fish boarderaholic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waynetl View Post
    Same boat here. What setup r u thinkin. Trucks? R u Gettin it complete?
    This thread is two years old...I really don't think this person is going to come back to answer your question...
    http://www.local124.com
    http://www.780longboarding.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute379
    Knowledge is a journey, not a trip to the Quickie Mart.
    [3:55 PM] urbs: jess i love to wiggle
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
    holy ****... interweb is serious business to this broad.

Post Thanks / Like

Ancient threads are really old.

Post Thanks / Like

personally I don't like the Dropkick, its heavy as hell and the EFP is really small IMO. My friend shreds it though.
    "Loving Life"

:Quiver:
    S9 brandy
    insect dragon fly

wolfshark - for sale
    megalodon V2
    demonseed

Crewzer - for sale
    Arbor Koa hybrid - for sale
    Pocket Pistol Slalom board

PERRON-A
    NorthWestLongboarding

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
    This thread is two years old...I really don't think this person is going to come back to answer your question...
    Yeah thanks for the heads up, I'm just posting really for new viewers' help on this issue. Looking for some people w/ similiar thoughts. Nice of u to take the time to point this out tho. Silverfish has been a place of friendly, helpful people, but sometimes u get a person who'd rather be "smart". I'm new here so I'll get familiar soon enough but as for u, well I hope u feel "smart".
    Last edited by waynetl; 11-20-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waynetl View Post
    Yeah thanks for the heads up, I'm just posting really for new viewers' help on this issue. Looking for some people w/ similiar thoughts. Nice of u to take the time to point this out tho. Silverfish has been a place of friendly, helpful people, but sometimes u get a person who'd rather be "smart". I'm new here so I'll get familiar soon enough but as for u, well I hope u feel "smart".
    Translation: "Hai guyz, i made mistak and feel stoopid now so going to play it off and pretend i didnt mean it and bitch at person who pointed it out to me"
    LY Carbon Mummy, Paris 180s, 66mm Lime ZigZags
    Madrid Dream DT, Paris 180s, 83a Stimulus

Quote Originally Posted by billz804 View Post
    Signs direct us and laws govern our every action; yet upon four wheels, I feel freer than I ever have in my city. Undoubtedly, that is one of the greatest feelings man may aspire to attain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorbasho View Post
    Translation: "Hai guyz, i made mistak and feel stoopid now so going to play it off and pretend i didnt mean it and bitch at person who pointed it out to me"
    Why point out mistakes anyway. I just chill, write stuff I'm interested in and see if anyone has similiar interests. Old post or new. I don't feel stupid I'm a grown man, son. I just wanted to point out that if u wanna tell someone of a mistake at least give some advice as well. Grow up. This site has been fun and insightful for this older kook newbie, feelin stupid- never happen here I'm havin way too much fun. Admitting that to you groms may not be cool for to do amongst your 'angry-shred-n-destroy' insecure peers, But I AM STOKED and LOVIN LIFE! God Bless.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS