ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Apex 37 Laser Cut Grip Tape

Has anyone gotten their Apex with the new laser cut grip tape? Mine was supposed to ship last weekend, but the tracking code says USPS still hasn't recieved it! The wait is killing me!
    On a similar note, has anyone seen the new laser cut grip patterns? I ordered the burst pattern, and would love to see pictures of what its going to look like, but Original hasn't posted pictures as they said they would.

Lots of people talk about the great customer service of Original, and while they have always been great when talking to them, it seems like everything that happens with the company is in sloooowww mooootion. I talked to them in February and they assured me I would have a cruiserweight apex sometime in March...and I'm still waiting!!!!!

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Apex 37 Laser Cut Grip Tape

When my Apex arrives TODAY (God bless one day shipping) I'm just going to make my own design for the grip job itself. If you know how to cut straight lines, it should be pretty easy to make your own. And it's cheaper.
    "What's all this, then?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6mt15 View Post
    Has anyone gotten their Apex with the new laser cut grip tape? Mine was supposed to ship last weekend, but the tracking code says USPS still hasn't recieved it! The wait is killing me!
    On a similar note, has anyone seen the new laser cut grip patterns? I ordered the burst pattern, and would love to see pictures of what its going to look like, but Original hasn't posted pictures as they said they would.

Lots of people talk about the great customer service of Original, and while they have always been great when talking to them, it seems like everything that happens with the company is in sloooowww mooootion. I talked to them in February and they assured me I would have a cruiserweight apex sometime in March...and I'm still waiting!!!!!
    It is something I've been noticing... it has been a Tad slow over the last while. Mainly on the Apex front. I think they hit more demand than they were expecting (just look on this board alone at how many people have been buying them). They still in general, have great customer service.. Just talk to Scott; not a better dude. If something is wrong with my board I'm confident they'll back it. Do to the slooooow Mooootion I question some of the staff that surrounds him, but more than anything it sounds like they are having some growing pains.

They have had a bit of a problem delivering on dates. I understand the impatience.. You know the Apex will not disappoint, though I can't disagree.. I hope to see them clean up the delivery time a bit. (At least be more honest on the timeline)

Two types of companies I'm finding you can't count on delivery time... Skate.. and Surf.

I ordered a surfboard (my first one..) back in mid January (custom) they told me it'd take 2 1/2 months. Last I checked I'll be lucky to get it before June. so that will be about 4 1/2 months... I just don't want to ride a rental anymore either.. so I'm sitting on shore... staring at the waves.. At least I can rip on a board till then..
    Packing

60" Freeride Surf-rodz
    Originals 10s
    75 mm 72 a Avila with Bones Reds
    (My Lincoln Continental)
    Flowing Stoke

37" "Path" Original Skateboards
    Original S 8s truck
    70 mm 80 A Lime Retros with Cell swiss bearings.
    (My Dirt Bike)
    Carvey goodness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leefypk View Post
    When my Apex arrives TODAY (God bless one day shipping) I'm just going to make my own design for the grip job itself. If you know how to cut straight lines, it should be pretty easy to make your own. And it's cheaper.
    Well, all the grip patterns they offer cost the same, I'm just curious what they look like! Did you just get the full black grip then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6mt15 View Post
    Well, all the grip patterns they offer cost the same, I'm just curious what they look like! Did you just get the full black grip then?
    Nah, I got mine used and bought my own grip.
    "What's all this, then?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey When I ordered my Apex 37 they sent me an e-mail syaing it was being built on a Friday I called them on moday to ask how long the building takes and they said they already shipped it out even though the USPS tracking said they didn't recieve it. On the Thursday i checked the USPS tracking (i was checking avidly like 2 times per day) and they said It passed the border into canada (I live in canada) so i only have like till monday or tuesday to wait... IM STOKED
    ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
    Fishies

Frank The Tank

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i understand the angst of wanting the board...i ordered my apex 37, burst ray, retro wheels, 200 mm trucks, got some abec 9 bearings lined up and i am just ready for this board to show up. I ordered it on May 21st immidietley after i saw they said they had a "3 week back order" (at the time due to grip tape problems). I ordered right then and expected it in 3 weeks...well its June 14th and yesterday i send them an email to see how its going along...they then continue to tell me that there will be an additional 3-4 weeks wait because they sold out completely...i died a little inside right then...so now on the website they arent even selling any 37's above the lightweight flex weight and hopefully now they can get caught up on their current back orders...but seriously...i live in socal...my summer started yesterday and i leave in august for college...im gonna be pissed if i leave for college and a week later i get a call from home saying it arrived....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been saving un for a original skateboard apex 37 since I found I could get a 20% discount due to the fact I had an old original skateboard. I was about to order when I saw that they were out of stock on the cruiser weight. I emailed them about it and was told that they wont have more in until next month. There must have been a huge run on these as well as the apex 34's because they are sold out of both. It sucks that now that I can buy one I still have to wait.

Someone mentioned growing pains for the company. This is a common problem for companies moving from small start up to the next level. Being a business major finishing up his degree I wonder if the problem is due to operations not ordering the proper amounts of items needed at the right time or if manufacturing is having trouble keeping up with demand. Maybe they need to hire someone who has studdied both (hint, hint . I do have to say that the people at Original are great with customer service and responding to emails. If they keep that up they will end up being one of the biggest and best one day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ocean4632 View Post
    i understand the angst of wanting the board...i ordered my apex 37, burst ray, retro wheels, 200 mm trucks, got some abec 9 bearings lined up and i am just ready for this board to show up. I ordered it on May 21st immidietley after i saw they said they had a "3 week back order" (at the time due to grip tape problems). I ordered right then and expected it in 3 weeks...well its June 14th and yesterday i send them an email to see how its going along...they then continue to tell me that there will be an additional 3-4 weeks wait because they sold out completely...i died a little inside right then...so now on the website they arent even selling any 37's above the lightweight flex weight and hopefully now they can get caught up on their current back orders...but seriously...i live in socal...my summer started yesterday and i leave in august for college...im gonna be pissed if i leave for college and a week later i get a call from home saying it arrived....
    Hey ocean. Just order another board. I had the same thing goin on. But I was givin the run around from feb untill I finaly was able to get my board on MAY 18TH!!! It's gonna take MONTHS for them to restock and there goes your whole summer. What made it worse was that I was soo glad to wait because of how much I thought the deck would kick ass... but when I got it I was completely unsatisfied... I returned it, but kept the trucks. I ended up just buying a demonix. There's alot of other boards that are better out there.

i ride around town, however theirs aloy of sick hill in my hood
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heard the laser cut grip tape comes off easily. should i get the laser cut or the full griptape

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christianu7158 View Post
    i heard the laser cut grip tape comes off easily. should i get the laser cut or the full griptape
    It stays on pretty well. If it does come off, just regrip it for all of the 4 dollars it costs. If you like the look of laser cut, get it.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by savesilence View Post
    It stays on pretty well. If it does come off, just regrip it for all of the 4 dollars it costs. If you like the look of laser cut, get it.

Russ
    but where can u re-grip it.and isnt it hard to remove the griptape from the board and like how to remove it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christianu7158 View Post
    but where can u re-grip it.and isnt it hard to remove the griptape from the board and like how to remove it
    This information is readily available on the internet, but I digress...

You peel under the griptape with a razor blade just to get one of the corner up. Then, you just peel it off, trying not to break it. If it does break, just grab it again. If you can't get it, razor blade again.

If you're having a hard time getting it off, heat up the tape with a hairdryer, and it will be much easier.

As for regripping, you can just do that yourself as well. I won't go in to that, just google it.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by savesilence View Post
    This information is readily available on the internet, but I digress...

You peel under the griptape with a razor blade just to get one of the corner up. Then, you just peel it off, trying not to break it. If it does break, just grab it again. If you can't get it, razor blade again.

If you're having a hard time getting it off, heat up the tape with a hairdryer, and it will be much easier.

As for regripping, you can just do that yourself as well. I won't go in to that, just google it.

Russ
    You can also take it to places like BC surf and sport and they replace your grip tape there for you for like 5 bucks. If you get to know the guys there you can probably get it for free. I know one guy from my shop down here actually does art on his grip tape and sells em. Some people here are pretty artistic, but I'm quite the opposite, been thinking of buying some of his.

edit: the apex 37 tape is like the one above. I've heard of problems of people's feet slipping from the bare side of it, but that's only happened to me once for no particular reason. Not a problem for me. Enjoy the tape, and you can always re-grip if you don't like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so does anyone think i can get someone at my local skateshop>> i might just go to the element flagship skateshop in nyc times square> does anyone think i can get someone their to re grip my apex 37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in australia and it might be different overseas but I just go to the skateshop and buy a single flat piece of grip tape (about the size of my board) and put it on.

I'm also going to get the apex 37 carbon and I'm worried about the grip tape coming off
    Does it come off easily?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo! 2 year old thread revivals! No, the grip will not come off easy, just FYI, from now on only post in threads on the first two pages mmm Kay?

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS