ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help set up my supercharger for pumping

Hi,

I've been trying to learn how to pump on my earthwing supercharger for a while, and since I've been getting poor results so far, I came to ask for advice on how I should set up my board.

Here's what I have:
    supercharger deck
    ace 66 trucks
    abec 11 grippings 70mm 78a
    no idea what bushings I have, since I bought my board complete. But it's a year and half old, and I ride it almost every day to school and around. Time to change them?

What I know is that I have to set my front truck loose and tighten up the back one, right?
    I'm open to spending a few bucks on upgrades if necessary - like new bushings - but would that make any difference?
    What about wedging the trucks, should I do that and if so how should I set them up?

thanks!

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy wedges. Wedge the front and dewedge the back. The smaller side goes outward for wedging. Opposite for dewedge. Buy softer bushings for the front and harder for the back. Someone with more info will probably post. Search as well, there is an article on the front of silverfish.
    Hi there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: help set up my supercharger for pumping

thanks.

what bushings shape do you suggest? I read venom shr are good, but they come in different shapes. any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure you want rebound in the front and dead in the back. Yes venom shr's are good, but probably only for the front. I'm not a pumping genius though. I run barrels for everything, just for the rebound. If your just trying to pump for little trips, then just dewedge the back with 5 duro harder bushings then the front, and wedge the front. Then here's a good website to show you how.
    pavedwave.org - the soul of distance longboarding - LDP - long distance pumping
    Hi there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned to pump on a supercharger with randal 180s and otang in heats no wedging. Wasn't efficient by any means but taught me the basics. I agree with setting up wedging/dewedging. Invest in some risers, wedges, and various bushing duros. Go as soft as you are comfortable with in the front truck and medium to stiff for the rear truck. Test for wheelbite. If you are getting any, add riser.
    Current quiver:

Roe Racing Triton medium flex, DT Poppy rear 125mm slalocybin front, 85mm 75a speedvents/road rider captains
    G-Bomb/Subsonic paramount medium flex w/double 35mm brackets,152mm poppies, 74a Electric Flywheels
    Meyers B58, DT adjustable euphorias; 80a Electric Flywheels
    7' WESTSSUP spiral rattan paddle yellow flex
    7' WESTSSUP black rattan paddle with slide tip, red flex

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anybody else have ace 66? I bought different bushings but no combination so far fits, the kingpin is just too short! I tried venom shr's, they don't fit; reflex short cone don't either, and they're supposed to be short...

so the question is, with ace 66, what non-stock bushings combination do you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a a few options for the Aces. You replace your baseplates with the modified Core plates from Mile High Skates or you can modify your baseplates by pounding out the kingpins with a hammer and then epoxying in a longer Grade 8 kingpin. This is fairly straightforward, but takes a bit of effort to get the original kingpin out.

If you don't want to change your baseplates, the older Venom Eliminators will fit as a bottom bushing. Then you'd just use the stock Ace top bushing. If you go the Elim route, I'd suggest a 78 or 81a front and a 90a in the back. Bones Hardcore bushings will also work. Soft blues in the front and Medium Yellows in the back should be fine (Hard Blacks if you're over 180).

Bushings are only part the pumping equations. You'll need wedging to really get an efficient pump. I'd suggest at starting at a Khiro soft wedge in the front and two Khiro soft wedges(de-wedging) in the back. The thin sides of all your wedges will be pointing forward, to the front of your board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edoz View Post
    does anybody else have ace 66? I bought different bushings but no combination so far fits, the kingpin is just too short! I tried venom shr's, they don't fit; reflex short cone don't either, and they're supposed to be short...

so the question is, with ace 66, what non-stock bushings combination do you use?
    I'd recommend getting something like an rkp or bennett for the front, and keeping your ace in the back. An rkp front indy rear is common for pumping, this isn't too different. Then you can put at least some of the bushings you bought to use too.
    The closest I come to being black is surfing blacktop
    Because I have to keep my head cocked and watch out for angry cops.
    If not I'm burning on that hood white hot
    And I'm wondering what I did just to get myself caught.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS