ADVERTISEMENT

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Banned Longskateaholic Decked-Out's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: !! My Precision Truck Review !!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo View Post
    G.O.G. is the company that has been making top notch precision slalom trucks for the past 4 years. Their experience in making slalom trucks was used to create a versatile downhill truck. Designed to have maximum traction and responsiveness but still stable at high speeds. You can choose whether or not you want sphericals. Choose from a stable hanger position or an agile hanger position by flipping them. They’ve been successfully used over the past 4 IGSA World Cup races with 7 top ten finishes and two 3rd places in Open and three 1st places in Women standup.

G.O.G. Big Brother

Hanger width

- 200mm (180mm come fall)

Hanger type

- axle in-line with kingpin for maximum traction and controlled drifting, flippable
    - anti torsional light weight construction

Flippable hanger

You’ll get 2 trucks in 1!

Low, standard
    - stable
    - easier to drift
    - round turning
    - 7mm lower
    - You’ll need to lean more.

High, flipped
    - more agile/ tippier
    - grippier
    - more slalom-like turning
    - 7mm higher
    - You’ll need to lean less.

Axles

8mm precision

Spherical Bearings

Pivot
    Pivot cup, no spherical bearing

Hanger
    bushing, spherical

With spherical
    - more precise
    - quicker reaction
    - holds the line well especially in sweepers
    - more responsive
    - harder to control in drifts and slides

Without spherical
    - less precise
    - softer ride, mushier
    - harder to hold the line (you’ll have to lean more in order to hold the line)
    - Smoother drifts and slides

Kingpin
    - 10mm replaceable kingpin
    - no kingpin rattle
    - Hanger removable without having to remove kingpin

Bushings

- standard barrel shape fits
    - Eliminators, Stimulators and Jim-Z shape fit

Baseplate

- 45° Baseplate – a compromise between stable and agile
    - choose from 3 different wheelbases
    - lowest truck on the market – add riser pads and wedges to customize your setup.

Test Pilots

Sebastian Hertler
    Ramón Königshausen

Design

Frank Beste

Price per set

€300 / approx. $430 USD

rmn
    i ordered these yesterday, but i only got the hangars, what baseplate should i use i have 50*randals but whats a good moderate price plate?

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decked-Out View Post
    i ordered these yesterday, but i only got the hangars, what baseplate should i use i have 50*randals but whats a good moderate price plate?
    Randal and Paris plates are compatible and they're the only plates compatible under a hundred bucks (I think).
    You are not the light of my life.
    Making you happy isn't my greatest dream.
    Your smile is not all I live for;
    I've got my own stuff going on.
    But you're strange and fascinating
    and I've never met anyone like you.
    I want to give you everything.

Just to see what you would do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B_Dubya_B View Post
    the scary thing is is that there are still more precision trucks out there that havint been listed yet.

most of these companies have popped up in the last two years no?
    yeah! i know its nuts i just found these trucks called santoro they are crazy!
    Trust The Vibe

"basically, its the deliberate and controlled reduction of traction and increased angle to the path of direction."

Lord of the Ban Hammer I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skatardude10 View Post

Oh well. I currently ride JimZs and love them. Has anyone tried replacing the spherical with a small bushing on the jimZs? if so, how do they ride like that?
    You can just take out the spherical, no need for a bushing in place of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeanML View Post
    All the tooling is done for the CNC machines... so if everything goes smoothly you can probably expect these to launch by the end of the month.

so stoked

10sztrucks
    Cain Trucks
    Facebook.com/Caintrucks
    ZenLongboards.com
    Zen Longboards

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

Thanks to Chris Chaput, we now have the LOVELY Fyre trucks.

im pretty sure thoes are the first model, Chris decided that cool looking welded on axle was not as durable as he would like, so there will be changes in only that part of the hanger, Im also pretty sure there are a few diff angle bases to pick from, and a few widths for the hangers too, for slalom aplications. and we all know 2009 igsa Champ Mischo Erban, won on these bad boys!!
    Trust The Vibe

"basically, its the deliberate and controlled reduction of traction and increased angle to the path of direction."

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the precision truck threads, I think this is my favorite. Straight up statistics and info so people who understand can make a better choice. None of this "I loves my trucks" nonsense. Good work Rasta.
    Longboard-Sessions.co.uk - UK Longboarding

Canterballs-Longboarding.co.uk - Shredding near Canterbury

DangerousDecks.co.uk - lifting the gloom from an increasingly restricted, post finacial-apocalypse Britain

UrsusIllustration.com - Hand painted atire est. 1984

Heretic Trucks - Question everything you know

Post Thanks / Like

AHH we cant forget the new Nimbus Trucks!!

Im sure most of you have seen this when it was the front page, but i wanted it in my thread..

Nimbus Trucks (previously known as Chocolates). Over a year of development, with race testing done by some of the top riders in North America has culminated in this final production model. These precision machined downhill trucks are engineered to be extremely light, and agile while maintaining natural stability. The front and rear hangers are individually designed to serve different purposes; each pivots on a 50* baseplate, but due to the adjusted placement of the axle the front hanger turns at a 48° angle and the rear at 40°. The forward steering bias, angular rake, and offset axle alignment in relation to the bushing seat gives you the absolute maximum grip, while still maintaining perfect slide characteristics.

Name:  blue_flagstone.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  rear_hangar_flagstone.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  84.3 KB
    Trust The Vibe

Post Thanks / Like

I just found these trucks too! they look BAD ASSS, their called Santoro, but i couldnt find a single piece of info on them other then there are only like 10 pairs out there.
    Name:  fghghjghj.JPG
Views: 1293
Size:  36.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Trust The Vibe

Moderator I Support The Fish
    Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread needs "stickied"
    [FL_RIDER_93] 8:29 pm:edit: { removed due to [FL_RIDER_93] homophobia )
    #[green] 1:38 am: its not like this is my first time with him
    [Arcadium] 4:34 pm: i really dont care about the extra half inch

Here and there, actually, these days, mostly here.
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I did my own comparison yesterday between a set of old 40 deg Smokies, and 35 deg cast Randal 180s. I crashed one of my favourite speedboards recently, and so I took the trucks off it, and it led to me swapping stuff around as you do. It ended up with me having the randals on one demonseed, and the smokies on another, both top mounted, and both with (well worn in) orange In Heats.

So I took em both off to a little hill I know, with smooth tarmac, and a nice couple of bends to drift around. Entry speed is in the mid 30s, so I thought that would be just fast enough to get the Smokies working.

I started off on the Randals, which were as always easy to control, smooth sliding on the pre-drift, hooked back up nicely, and allowed me to nail the apex every time, well almost every time, okay a couple of times. Carving down the rest of the hill I could break grip when I wanted, and throw in a couple of speed checks. All in all very nice and ####### good fun.

After a few runs I switched to the Smokies. These felt a bit wooden on the first run, and I had intentionally kept my speed down. I've had more than my fair share of road rash lately, and didn't want any more, so I made the transition from one truck to another as painless as possible. In fact I went so slowly they didn't even break away on the first turn and I just railed it. So I pendyd straight after that and walked back up to the top, the very top.
    Second run and I must have hit the entry point at a good 35mph maybe more. Drifted sideways missing the apex by a mile, but OMG how much more control did I have compared to the Randals, and if the slide was smooth on them, the Smokies were like floating through air, and because of that, every tiny movement I made was translated into steering input. So much so that I ended up spinning out on that first run. After that it was just better and better. SO much control, and such a smooth slide it was almost as if I was cheating.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8LaT_lbSjc]YouTube - Cast and Prec.wmv[/ame]

I've never done a back to back comparison like this, but I'm glad I have now. If I'd only ever ridden Randals I would be really happy with them, but now I can really appreciate just how much better precision trucks are, and I'm only an average skater.

I find the smokies on a top mount a little lacking in the lean department, but on the seed with a 1 inch drop, they seem to lean more. I don't pretend to know why this is, but they do, and I like it.

If I can notice the difference between cast and precision, anyone can.
    Last edited by keef; 01-12-2010 at 03:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Surf rodZ trucks

Here is my test of the Surf Rodz.
    sa ka roulé !: Set up test SZ trucks
    I am waiting for the extensions bolts
    I will review a test comparison between Surf rodZ and Big 80 la Familia soon.
    Call in anytime at http://sakaroule.blogspot.com
    and leave your comment !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Surf rodZ trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bevilacqua View Post
    Here is my test of the Surf Rodz.
    sa ka roulé !: Set up test SZ trucks
    I am waiting for the extensions bolts
    I will review a test comparison between Surf rodZ and Big 80 la Familia soon.
    french Aluflex D308 44, thats a cool lookin deck
    Last edited by RastaRocket; 01-16-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Trust The Vibe

Post Thanks / Like

sorry if this is a little redundant, but i thought some ppl might like to read this.

Author: Chris Chaput
    "I'll write more later about the Fyre Trucks, but briefly here's the scoop:
    Many "precision" trucks have two spherical bearings - one in the baseplate's pivot cup and one in the hanger between the bushing seats. A Fyre Truck has one toward the pivot cup and one on the other side of the axle. I changed the orientation of the spherical bearing in the pivot cup area so that it is parallel (instead of perpendicular) to the other. There is no spherical bearing between the bushings which allows for better bushing seats on the hanger and nice TALL bushings. The two spherical bearings are further apart than other trucks which provides more precise steering and less twisting or slop. The kingpin is free to slide up out of the baseplate when tightening the truck. It has a ledge in the middle that supports the bottom cup washer. The two 1/2" locknuts on the pivot pins hold the entire assembly in place. With the locknuts removed, the hanger and kingpin and bushings all come off as one unit and the bushing tension is preserved."

"Most all trucks are like a lever in that the hanger hinges in the pivot cup and puts a load on the bottom bushing. The bottom bushing therefore has to do double-duty. It has to take the load (weight) of the rider and it also has to serve as a fulcrum (pivot point) on which the hanger teeter-totters back and forth. You are literally forced to use a relatively hard and/or barrel shaped bushing on the bottom so that it doesn’t get squashed. It is both a part of the steering (pivot) system AND a part of the resistance (compression) system. What makes a Fyre Truck unique is that it isolates the two systems. The steering system is independent of the compression system. The pivot pins and pivot bearings take the load of the rider. None of the load is on the bottom bushing. Because our bushings aren’t load bearing, you are free to use top and bottom bushings that are as hard or as soft as you like. You can use different shapes and sizes, use various types of cup washers, and totally dial in your ride. Taller bushings allow for a greater range of motion meaning that these trucks continue to steer when most others would stop turning and lift your outside wheels during a turn. Other trucks get squirrelly or get the wobs when you hit a rough patch of pavement because they load, unload, and reload the weight of the rider on the bottom bushing. The Fyre Trucks act more like a suspension system. When you hit a rough patch, they barely even sketch and go right back on track. It’s a pretty amazing feeling - one that breeds confidence at speed."
    Trust The Vibe

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody seen a pic of the poonami trucks, ive looked arround and havent seen or read any stats on them, id like to post em in here if anyone does!
    Trust The Vibe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RastaRocket View Post
    Has anybody seen a pic of the poonami trucks, ive looked arround and havent seen or read any stats on them, id like to post em in here if anyone does!
    Yah there is a pic and a vid around. I cant fine either but they look similar to Kahas and Plasma geometry.

http://tactissk8shop.com/
    Last edited by JamieReis; 01-24-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys a saw a friend once and he had some truck with 2 bushing on it ! it look and turn really great if you know those truck can you please tell me the brand and have a lil review on thoses ?!
    Thanks Phil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhilRight View Post
    Hey guys a saw a friend once and he had some truck with 2 bushing on it ! it look and turn really great if you know those truck can you please tell me the brand and have a lil review on thoses ?!
    Thanks Phil.

Gullwing Sidewinders... not precision, but fun as hell. Super carvy, real nice lean.
    www.surf-rodz.com
    TBΣ - ΓK - βψ

Post Thanks / Like

This is a solid thread
    Does any one have any additional info on munkaes and plasmas?

Post Thanks / Like

Any reviews on Plasma Trucks?
    Coastlongboarding.com

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS