ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default best bushing combination for carving?

i have a fibre 44 pin and thinking of holey's or randals 180. the bushing i have are some indy reds. i was thinking of getting some khrio whites mixed with some khiro blue/ front white bottom, blue top, rear white top blue bottom. im about 130 and want to do some hard carves. whats the best combination there is for this set up

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

It's really all just personal preference I guess. I really like Indy Reds.....

From Wilmington, NC - At School at NC State
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how much you weigh, your wheelbase, and how fast you want to go while you are carving.

More weight = harder bushings

More wheelbase = softer bushings

More speed = harder bushings

Take a few hours on your favorite hill, get the khiro bushing pack #1, and have a field day with it.

The best way to find what you want is to go out there and try different setups.

For more rebound I would suggest a setup similar to this for decent size hills...(I have it on my 46" w/ Crails, and I weigh 170 lbs)...

Front - Red Khiro barrel top (w/ flat washer), blue tracker stimulator bottom (w/ no washer)

Back - Tracker blue stimulator top (w/ flat washer), Tracker blue stimulator bottom (w/ no washer)

I get tons of rebound with this, its great for decent hills, and I can still turn it sharp at slow speeds when Im weaving through people on my way to class

Devon & Hampshire (UK). Aljezur (Portugal)
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're going with the holeys then the stock hourglass bushing supplied on the truck is pretty awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

i would go with a pair of jimz bushing, it's 20$ on the landyacht site, you will have 4 barrels bushing the closest feeling to a stimulator bushing there's available on the market now

Addicted Cruiser V1RG1N14 L0NG804RD3R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you should go for two khiro white barrels in front and two khiro blue barrels in back.
    Longbord1- "lol why don't u start following m around the forum commenting about me and then pm me that i have penis cancer."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: best bushing combination for carving?

Hi i was looking for abit of help for my bushing set up on my loaded derv. im 200 pounds flex 1 with paris 180's love carving and the occasional hill. been looking at 93a barrel venoms for bottom and 85a supercarves for top any other info as i am quite new to this would help lots thanks!

Lord of the Ban Hammer I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUTTO187 View Post
    Hi i was looking for abit of help for my bushing set up on my loaded derv. im 200 pounds flex 1 with paris 180's love carving and the occasional hill. been looking at 93a barrel venoms for bottom and 85a supercarves for top any other info as i am quite new to this would help lots thanks!
    You got that answered several times yesterday...

If you bought Paris recently, chances is that they came with bushings make from the same formula as Venoms already, and you can experiment with the stock tops and the 85a's you ordered. At the end of the day, bushing setup is highly personal and the only way is to experiment and figure out what you want yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedancer View Post
    If you're going with the holeys then the stock hourglass bushing supplied on the truck is pretty awesome.
    seconded. actually you really should look into holeys. best out of the box carving truck imo.
    BUMP!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Mu- View Post
    It sort of sounds like you want magic. Like you want everything out of it. Like people who want a super grippy wheel that slides like butter which is plush enough to absorb road bumbs but hard enough to slide for ever without loosing speed but is also good for speed checks etc. insanity.

Wumbologist I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like

i think bennetts mayu be a bit better. Maybe.

Get some reflexes, in the 74a-83a duro, and have at it.

I would suggest getting some carvy trucks too though, like originals, holey, and even bennetts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skanonymous View Post
    Just so you know, Maxxspeed offers happy endings with all of their boards. It's great seeing the owner of a company take a firm grip of his customer-base, pushing and pulling until success splatters on his face and down his chin.

Maxxspeed Skateboards

Maxxspeed "Fat Elvis"Maxxspeed GarudaMaxxspeed 24" MiniMaxxspeed Slalom V.2

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS