Thread: Pumping Trucks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pumping Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Alc View Post
    I am thinking of putting the trucks on either a 44" Landy or a 49" NS, both pintails.
    The ride I'm looking for is a smooth carve with the ability to pump, nothing extreme.
    What do you think would be best?
    I really couldn't comment too well on that - I'm on my first longboard, second set of longboard trucks.
    However, PavedWave is essentially literally the world's foremost expert on pumping and LDP, and from his website it looks like he's been through just about every combination of boards and trucks possible (all 12,984,534,590,098 of them).

I personally went to the Bennett/Tracker combo mainly because it represented both a "known good" (so does the Carver C7/C2 or CX/C2 combo), and also the more common (which I interpret as "commonly accepted) setup seen in the LDP community. I got the feeling that the CX "used to be" a popular standard setup, now the Bennett has taken over that "most popular" spot. So that's what I went with, factring in my ignorance and inexperience. ...that being said, I haven't even experimented with bushings yet.
    You might check out www.pavedwave.org as well

The boards you mention jump out at me as "maybe not ideal" pumping setups...
    It seems like most often you want (or at least want the option for) a far forward stance - granted, my Diamondtail is only a 35" long board, but I've got my front foot directly over the front truck. You might check out the shape of the Subsonic Pulse and Roe Mermaid, which seem to represent the "ideal" shape for an LDP board.

I'd love to hear from PavedWave myself on how increasing the wheelbase length might affect pumping and perhaps the stride or speed, as I'm casually researching what my next board might be, for myself... and if it removes that forward-stance requirement... I'm thinking not, because you really want to manipulate that front truck I think - in fact, it might make it more of a requirement?

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I really couldn't comment too well on that - I'm on my first longboard, second set of longboard trucks.
    However, PavedWave is essentially literally the world's foremost expert on pumping and LDP, and from his website it looks like he's been through just about every combination of boards and trucks possible (all 12,984,534,590,098 of them).

I personally went to the Bennett/Tracker combo mainly because it represented both a "known good" (so does the Carver C7/C2 or CX/C2 combo), and also the more common (which I interpret as "commonly accepted) setup seen in the LDP community. I got the feeling that the CX "used to be" a popular standard setup, now the Bennett has taken over that "most popular" spot. So that's what I went with, factring in my ignorance and inexperience. ...that being said, I haven't even experimented with bushings yet.
    You might check out www.pavedwave.org as well

The boards you mention jump out at me as "maybe not ideal" pumping setups...
    It seems like most often you want (or at least want the option for) a far forward stance - granted, my Diamondtail is only a 35" long board, but I've got my front foot directly over the front truck. You might check out the shape of the Subsonic Pulse and Roe Mermaid, which seem to represent the "ideal" shape for an LDP board.

I'd love to hear from PavedWave myself on how increasing the wheelbase length might affect pumping and perhaps the stride or speed, as I'm casually researching what my next board might be, for myself... and if it removes that forward-stance requirement... I'm thinking not, because you really want to manipulate that front truck I think - in fact, it might make it more of a requirement?
    "I'd love to hear from PavedWave myself on how increasing the wheelbase length might affect pumping and perhaps the stride or speed."

PavedWave would you care to weigh in on this.
    What are the effects of a longer wheelbase in regard to pumping?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exkate View Post
    I'm a bit biased, but I challenge you to find a better pumping/slashing setup for the money

ALTERED WOMBAT 32 EXKATE Longboards Skateboards Retro Zig Zag Wheels Torsion Trucks
    Exkate trucks were my first trucks! However, they've suffered from breakage issues; I broke the trucks within the first two days of having them. You guys were awesome and replaced the broken trucks, but those too broke. Eventually, I'd be able to buy new trucks with the amount I'd spend on shipping. If there was a way to make a board that could not get wheelbite, these trucks would be great! They're a mix between Revenges and Originals (somehow).
    --
    My website -- http://www.shelteredturtle.com
    Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/shelteredturtlemusic
    Twitter -- http://www.twitter.com/shelteredturtle
    YouTube -- http://www.youtube.com/shelteredturtlemusic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I am resurrecting this old thread, but the 'fish is clogged enough already. How do people find randals as a rear truck for pumping a shlongboard. Bennett front.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassDiver View Post
    Longboarding is for people who live outside the box.

Most people get on little treadmills, and accept their little food pellets, and have no imagination, and don't understand life is passing them by, they just assimilate and accept the system, and wake up one day an old man, and have never really lived - it's kinda sad.

Make every day count, it's a beautiful world out there, and it will all be over before you know it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I'm running an EW widerglider with a wedged (Khiro X 2) Bennett 6.0 (Holey 88's) on the front, and a slightly dewedged Indy 149 on the rear. Can I expect to see substantial gains if I swap a Tracker RTS for the Indy? What bushings should I run on the Tracker? I'm leaning toward barrels unless directed otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an indy rear is just fine. I use one.
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch View Post
    Waking up to 100 emails with subjects like “climb the highest mountain... and punch god in the sack”, "staring down at the regular jackoffs, from space" & “when it's hard it don't bend and when it's soft it don't reach” is really strange for a partial amnesiac. Just say'n....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TCOG View Post
    Right now I'm running an EW widerglider with a wedged (Khiro X 2) Bennett 6.0 (Holey 88's) on the front, and a slightly dewedged Indy 149 on the rear. Can I expect to see substantial gains if I swap a Tracker RTS for the Indy? What bushings should I run on the Tracker? I'm leaning toward barrels unless directed otherwise.
    You would see far more gain with a seismic rear truck over an RTS or Indy. If you are wealthy though, go with the virage combo. For the tracker bushing though, depends on your weight. Usually yellow barrel with red tall cone khiro is an average.
    Current quiver:

Roe Racing Triton medium flex, DT Poppy rear 125mm slalocybin front, trimmed 85mm 75a speedvents/road rider captains
    G-Bomb/Subsonic paramount medium flex w/double 35mm brackets,152mm poppies, 74a Electric Flywheels
    7' WESTSSUP spiral rattan paddle yellow flex
    7' WESTSSUP black rattan paddle with slide tip, red flex

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pavedwave View Post
    i'm finding tons of new love in the "old" seismic as a REAR truck.

and with a front Bennett that still keeps you in your budget...
    A killer setup!! A little stiffer spring in rear, soft Holey or Reflex Barrels in Bennett, and you are off!
    HELMET

Boards: Soda Factory, Loaded, Gravity, Legendary, BC Longboards, Landyachtz, Earthwing
    Trucks: Randal, Bennett, Indys, Paris, Seismic, Gullwing, Tracker
    Wheels: Bunches
    Bushings: Yes please:)

Stoked to still be skating after all these years!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy crap! Exkate! That is a good deal. I have been lookin for a smooth super carver for my old school skateboard park. Kona.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TCOG View Post
    Okay, I'm going to pull the trigger on ordering the RTS. Another post I saw on the 'fish said 139 would be correct to go with a Bennett 6.0 on the front, is this right? It seems that a 149 would match the 6" Bennett hanger better. Also, what does anyone suggest for bushings? I weigh 190#.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS