ADVERTISEMENT

Thread: B&B Rare Woods

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&B Rare Woods

Everyone has threads asking, "what wood should I use?" I live on the east coast, and I have looked everywhere for the best place to buy quality longboard veneer. On silverfish, everyone says baltic birch this and baltic birch that, but I wanted to make quality 7ply 1/16 inch veneer maple longboards. B&B rare wood has the cheapest deal of any other longboard veneer supplier, and the cheapest shipping to go with it. I ordered a very small amount, and it came with 3 grains: cross, face, and core. I am very happy with this purchase, and I encourage others to buy from there as well. The guy on the phone is really nice also, so give him a call and ride sick boards.
    Last edited by EvolveLongboards; 09-25-2011 at 06:26 PM.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: B&B Rare Woods

Actually I think we do pretty well with shipping and customer service when people buy from us. Luckily we sell more than veneer. Rediculous is not a very nice term to use and not really true. We do our best, what else can I say.
    Ted from Roarockit
    ROAROCKIT
    NEW TOLL FREE NUMBER FOR USA AND CANADA
    1 888 857 7790
    Builder Supply's for deckbuilding including hard to find 1/16" Canadian maple and birch.
    We now ship directly from the U.S.A. Unbelievably LOW shipping Rates!
    Hole Drilling Problems! Get a ROCKIT RULER.
    Inventor of the patented TAP (foam mold in a vacuum bag) method of building skateboards.
    Go to Roarockit.eu if you live in Europe

BAMBOO 1/16" Sanded in Stock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Actually I think we do pretty well with shipping and customer service when people buy from us. Luckily we sell more than veneer. Rediculous is not a very nice term to use and not really true. We do our best, what else can I say.
    Ted from Roarockit
    I agree with Ted here... with shipping I believe my cost with roarockit came to 30-35$ per board. I live in the same town where B&B distributes from and for one 7-ply board it came out to 31.81$ So I would have to say price wise these two suppliers are virtually identical. Now, I've never actually tried building a board with B&B veneer but the whole fact that they have separate "core" veneers kind of sketched me out.... does that mean they may have knots or what? I've ordered almost 100 veneers from Ted and only found 1 tiny little knot, basically any veneer you have will be good enough for a top/bottom layer.

Maybe I'm a little biased here but I would have to say, don't knock roarockit. Ted has done a ton as far as making it easier for people to build boards and obtain high quality material. Plus if you live in Canada Roarockit would be wayy cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

got schooled haha

Wrong-Guesser Emeritus I Support The Fish
    Addicted Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with you recommending a supplier.....IF you can manage to do it without putting stink on another one......If the service provided by business "A" is valuable, your recommendation is poorly served by including your negative opinions of business "B".

Is Best Username I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Every thread about maple veneer suppliers seems to turn into a shitstorm. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Every thread about maple veneer suppliers seems to turn into a shitstorm. Just saying.
    Haha yes it does. Everyone just freaks out.

And yes, although it is no fault of Teds, shipping across the border is ridiculously expensive. I only hear great things about the quality of his veneer though!

But hey, thanks for informing us about the veneer vender. I appreciate it.
    e·mo·tive Adjective /iˈmōtiv/
    1. Arousing or able to arouse intense feeling.
    2. Expressing a person's feelings rather than being neutrally or objectively descriptive.

Interested in a Custom longboard? PM or Email me.

Emotive Longboards - Custom built boards

If you can build me a hotwire cutter, i'll build you a board for free.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Ted. Never meant to come across as a d*** about Roarockit. I still think it's a great company and I love the hand pump airbag. I realize it was stupid to diss you but I just got really excited about B&B and wanted other people to know about it.

Post Thanks / Like

so what way is cheeper. i live in virginia. and yess Roarockit has amazing sevice, but the shipping was alot of money. do you think b&b would be cheeper for me living in virginia. if i lived in canada i would stick with roarockit but the if b&b is cheeper ill give it a try.
    Surf, Skate, Style

AW custom cruisers

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS