Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jorelle View Post
    By the way...nose shuvits...pivot 90, then hop with front foot? or flick then hop? :
    What ever works for you but I would flick then hop. I try to put them into one fluid move flick and hop and the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cann0n View Post
    Do you need a condom when having sex with a stranger? No, but it's recommended.
    Rayne Vendetta - Paris 180s - Hesher Snowballs
    Loaded Dancer - Paris 180s - 4prez
    Pool Board - Indys - Rica Wheels

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone rollin indy's or 65mm wheels ? what seams to be choice size, duro of wheels ? ordering the subsonic corsair48 , i want indy but undecided about 169 or 215 also unsure of wheel duro and size im thinking 65mm so i can use less riser and 80a
    team kind
    REPRESENT!

Swansea, South Wales. and Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just went out riding with a Dutch friend of mine, who is pretty amazing, and he taught me to shuv-it, g-turn, early grab, some funny hop thing, improved my nose manuals and hang tens, no comply, improved my tiger claw and variations of all above, was a pretty sick session.
    Buy the first single by Elephant here: http://memphis.greedbag.com/buy/ants-0/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Rising Sun View Post
    What ever works for you but I would flick then hop. I try to put them into one fluid move flick and hop and the same time.
    I disagree, a pivot makes it far easier, having just learnt myself trying both ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im also working on nollie shvits can u tell us what he said and how he taught u that fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOADEDROCKZMAHSOCKS
    Hey guys, i need some helpzz. I just set up yesterday aboard that I got on my birthday in april. its a carbon evo with jim z z hangars and baseplates, bones swiss ceramic, 98mm flywheels. I was riding it down a dirt road in my neigoborhood and i fell cuzz i don't know how to footbreak. canz you guyzz help me pleazzzz???????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckyBoarder View Post
    im also working on nollie shvits can u tell us what he said and how he taught u that fast?

i know its cliched and all but just do it ALOT trust me i used to suck at shuv its liek horrible then once you jsut keep doign them and you eventually will land one everyonce and awhile and then you get the feel for it and land more and more and eventually its just easy as meltin butter on a toasted bagel

btw my dancer got hit by a car LBL OSD depressing isnt it? it was only 5 days old! why do the good die so young! but im thinking about re cutting the top of it to make it have a nose cause it broke liek right behind the front truc kand my dads a carpenter so i have like a router and jigsaw and **** im just gonna make the front the same style as a komodo and make it my new DH/freeride deck also i have a new one coming in on tuesday my new set up is going to be

longboard larry osd (greatest board ever i swear)
    randall II (had paris' before wanted to try randals i hear only good things)
    i have khiro orange and blue barrells im going to put blue on bottom and orange on top for both trucks
    4 prez otang 83a purple wheels

mad stoked to get it but if anyone has any tips on cutting a new nose out for my board any thing would be greattlly appreciated or recommending athread for me or something that you think would help me thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm considering getting the BC Plankton as a dancer, does anyone have any info or experience with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nayjass View Post
    i'm considering getting the BC Plankton as a dancer, does anyone have any info or experience with it?
    i dont have much expierience with them yet but i found out that they are far behind in there orders. i called them and they aid they were around 8 weeks delayed but just hired more help so it should be sooner.

so it will be longer if u get graphics or custom graphics

just thought id tellya this
    Hey guys, i need some helpzz. I just set up yesterday aboard that I got on my birthday in april. its a carbon evo with jim z z hangars and baseplates, bones swiss ceramic, 98mm flywheels. I was riding it down a dirt road in my neigoborhood and i fell cuzz i don't know how to footbreak. canz you guyzz help me pleazzzz???????????

Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wrote this thread a few weeks back, but figured I'd link it to here as I have done with other dancer threads. I hope this helps with those looking into getting a dancer and choosing between different companies and decks.

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...post1298240278
    My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckyBoarder View Post
    What board are you riding?

And its more of a nose shuv-it than a nollie shuv it.

It's all in the shoulders, pivot the board the board round 90ish jump back straight and allow the board to finish the piviot, and if you wind up with your shoulders first it makes it a lot easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jarman View Post
    What board are you riding?

And its more of a nose shuv-it than a nollie shuv it.

It's all in the shoulders, pivot the board the board round 90ish jump back straight and allow the board to finish the piviot, and if you wind up with your shoulders first it makes it a lot easier.
    im riding a homemade board based off of the vanny so u would think it would be fairly easy to learn but apparantly not for me.

yeah i know its just that someone told me about the trick calling it that so im just ued to calling it that.

and ok i will try in the morning or whenever i get the chance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know anything about the Landyachtz drop carve? I'm looking for a shorter(ish) board to do dancing stuff on. It looks like a solid drop through to me.
    KS Scimitar, RII 180's, Otang Stims, Super reds.
    Original Malakai 40, S6 trucks, stock wheels (For sale, PM me.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JJobe View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the Landyachtz drop carve? I'm looking for a shorter(ish) board to do dancing stuff on. It looks like a solid drop through to me.
    I would recommend getting something with more nose and tail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bro interested in bustin maestro, what do you guys think? i know some of you guys think its small but his only 5' 6" with a size 9 shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4RT View Post
    THE LONGBOARDER IS NEVER IN THE WRONG!!!

Remember that and you'll be successful in life (and taking out the power-walkers with a swift coleman into their ankles:mrgreen:).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afi1014 View Post
    my bro interested in bustin maestro, what do you guys think? i know some of you guys think its small but his only 5' 6" with a size 9 shoe
    I'm 5'8" and size 7uk, therefore 8us. I ride a loaded dancer, thats 55". I could cope with smaller, but I recommend a little length.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking at it too, but for more freeride. Still, i can manual on a Kracked Skulls scimitar, so with the 1-1.5 inch nose on that thing you should be fine. It'll just be tougher to get used to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 5'8" and size 7uk, therefore 8us. I ride a loaded dancer, thats 55". I could cope with smaller, but I recommend a little length.
    he wants lbl dancer but its to long for a place that have a small street you cant even carve to the fullest.

If we live somewhere near a place that have big open road then he would get it but for now its not good.

so thats why weve been searching for a small size board that can do some dancing
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4RT View Post
    THE LONGBOARDER IS NEVER IN THE WRONG!!!

Remember that and you'll be successful in life (and taking out the power-walkers with a swift coleman into their ankles:mrgreen:).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afi1014 View Post
    so thats why weve been searching for a small size board that can do some dancing
    This screams lbl komodo.

i havent ridin it yet but i really want to get to sometime. ive heard its great for dancing if u want a smaller sized dancer.

I have heard its also good quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend getting something with more nose and tail.
    Any suggestions? (not a full dancer please)
    KS Scimitar, RII 180's, Otang Stims, Super reds.
    Original Malakai 40, S6 trucks, stock wheels (For sale, PM me.)

Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any suggestions? (not a full dancer please)
    Even tho I will second the komodo, it is still 48", so if you're lookin to go a bit smaller in length, but still have a good dancin platform, i'm gonna go out on a limb and recommend the gravity kalai. Aside from having one of the coolest deck graphics imo, this board has a super super subtle concave and camber, but this does not take away from the dancing experience. At 9.5" wide, you're not gonna find a wider deck that isn't super concaved up for freeriding (which sucks for dancing imo), however earthwing is another possibility to look into for wider platforms, but i've never ridden any boards from them so it's hard for me to vouch for their dance-ability. The gravity comes in flex varieties that are also subtle. You will feel the board give under your weight, but by no means is it comparable to a loaded's springy-ness. You'll be stayin small at 41" but have ample room to rock out on this deck. There is enough nose/tail room to incorporate some manuals and shovits into your combos, but most importantly, you will have space for your feet to boogy.

My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS