ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Longboard Cruising and Carving

Seeing how this thread was names cruising and carving I thought itd be perfect for my question. Im new to the longboard scene but have been fooling around on all my friends boards. I was wondering what would be an amazing board to just cruise and carve small slopes on. Money is not an issue however im looking to spend in the 200-300 range. Thanks guys.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Longboard Cruising and Carving

sorry that no one has responded to your thread yet......
    anywho, cruising and carving are pretty generic cause any board can do them
    cruising is just a chill term for riding on your longboard, but is usually coupled with boardwalking or a more chill longboard discipline
    and with a nice bushing setup, any board can feel dreamy with carving
    since you left this thread pretty open-ended, i'm gonna do the same....
    because you've been on your friends' boards and have presumably looked at youtube videos or longboard manufacturer's sites.....is there anything that has caught your eye or liking???
    My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, we could all give you opinions, but you need to be more specific. but i'd recommend a drop through board for carving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would not go with a loaded, only because everyone has one. so look into longboard larry. the komodo is a great all around board, and i think it would suit you well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urbanj View Post
    i would not go with a loaded, only because everyone has one. so look into longboard larry. the komodo is a great all around board, and i think it would suit you well
    i agree that the komodo is a good choice
    but have some problems with your logic on the loaded part of your post
    a) not everyone owns one
    b) the OP should choose a board based on their liking. Worrying about whether other people have it or not is not a reason to buy/not buy a longboard
    My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTreeFallHard View Post
    i agree that the komodo is a good choice
    but have some problems with your logic on the loaded part of your post
    a) not everyone owns one
    b) the OP should choose a board based on their liking. Worrying about whether other people have it or not is not a reason to buy/not buy a longboard
    Yeah, I'm with BigTree (On BOTH subjects). Firstly, the Komodo is a buttery dream when ridden and with the right wheels can easily be paddled around for your commuting needs. 1-UP!
    Now as for the Loaded queery, they ARE a really good company. they are pretty new (not a year old but more new than most well knowns) and have sky-rocketed to the top with help from ADAM Squared and other ambassadors. So no doubt they'd be popular. It's your own choice if you agree with the many others and get a Loaded for yoself! They're high-end and high-quality. With a decent selection.
    *LBL Komodo*
    *Orangatang InHeats (83a)*
    *Randall 180s*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want a cruiser and carver, get a symmetrical drop through-there are a lot to chose from, plenty in your price range, can be done for both of those things, and can be used for crazier things later if you want it for that.
    The closest I come to being black is surfing blacktop
    Because I have to keep my head cocked and watch out for angry cops.
    If not I'm burning on that hood white hot
    And I'm wondering what I did just to get myself caught.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropthrough(just get a tan tien and you're set for years to come), holeys and soft wheels 72a bushings all around and get intimate with those hills, better to get to know each other than just rush past tucking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise Inc View Post
    Yeah, I'm with BigTree (On BOTH subjects). Firstly, the Komodo is a buttery dream when ridden and with the right wheels can easily be paddled around for your commuting needs. 1-UP!
    Now as for the Loaded queery, they ARE a really good company. they are pretty new (not a year old but more new than most well knowns) and have sky-rocketed to the top with help from ADAM Squared and other ambassadors. So no doubt they'd be popular. It's your own choice if you agree with the many others and get a Loaded for yoself! They're high-end and high-quality. With a decent selection.
    No, they are not a REALLY good company. They make sub par products that appeal to new riders cause they see their kickass marketing.
    ZANG LONGBOARDS

You know its not the fall that kills you. It is the sudden deceleration at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by uroshredder View Post
    How do you like the revenge trucks on the evo? And are the aluminum core o-tangs worth it? Thanks for the suggestion by the way. I think I will pick up a set.
    R.I.P. Eric Swenson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHoiz View Post
    No, they are not a REALLY good company. They make sub par products that appeal to new riders cause they see their kickass marketing.
    Well yeah, the ads ARE cool, but I don't understand, do you mean they break easily or what??? My friends Tan Tien has been kept to excellent standards for years ad he doesn't treat it gently OR roughly
    *LBL Komodo*
    *Randall 180s*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise Inc View Post
    Well yeah, the ads ARE cool, but I don't understand, do you mean they break easily or what??? My friends Tan Tien has been kept to excellent standards for years ad he doesn't treat it gently OR roughly
    the tan tien has been out for about a year....
    theyre just nothing special. nothing about loaded boards makes them better than everyone else, or even good. its a bamboo board. woopty doo
    ZANG LONGBOARDS

You know its not the fall that kills you. It is the sudden deceleration at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by uroshredder View Post
    How do you like the revenge trucks on the evo? And are the aluminum core o-tangs worth it? Thanks for the suggestion by the way. I think I will pick up a set.
    R.I.P. Eric Swenson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tan tien has been out for about a year....
    theyre just nothing special. nothing about loaded boards makes them better than everyone else, or even good. its a bamboo board. woopty doo
    Yeah, it was a hyperbole... aaanyways, yesh. I know they're not a glorious marvel but they still get the job done and done split in half with a force of 2 Pa
    *LBL Komodo*
    *Randall 180s*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna respecfully say that the "nothing special" comment can be applied to most companies. I could easily say that everything landyachtz is just maple...woopty doo lol
    Each manufacturer has their own specialty board(s) that they do extremely well in and other models they make are just "okay" decks to give them a more full lineup and selection to buyers.
    I personally feel loaded was doin wonders a few years ago with their more dance/carve/freestyle setups like the vanny. The bhangra is a pretty legit dancer deck too.
    In the current longboard market there is just way more variety and competition, especially in the realm of freeriding and dh, so loaded's dervish and tan tien have lost some of the spotlight as companies like BC and Drang have exploded into the spotlight recently.
    I'm not a fanboy or anything, just tryin to be as subjective and respective of each company out there.

Do you Dancer Slalom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just got some bennett vectors and with my lime zigs and 39 pintail that deck is a blast to do some hard fast carving.
    B.Carr Pintail 39, Ben vects 6.0, 80a 70mm zigs
    B.Carr Velocita,Paris195's,PhatD'sV2
    G&S fiberflex Supercarve(retired)
    Wall art: Dogtown B.D. design,classic 6tracks P/P ratbones
    signed by Wes Humpston
    Alva tri Logo,Tracker classic xtracks, DT K9's orange
    signed by Tony Alva.
    Sims Flagship unionJack (blue) Indy Hosoi 169, allig.62mm sparkle red
    SC Salba bevel,Salba indy169's P/P mini cubics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know what this talk of symetrical dropthroughs is all about. what you need is a flexy topmount. Maybe a Gravity Diamond Tail or Loaded Fattail

Concrete Kahuna InfinitysLimits's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to suggest the Neversummer Heist V2. It's a dream to ride because you simply float over the cracks. Plus, the flexiness offered by either the classic or performance flex gives a nice rebound when doing smooth carves. That coupled with some nice carving trucks, soft bushings, and soft wheels should have you sailing nicely.
    Other honorable mentions include the Landyachtz Battle Axe, Bustin Maestro or Strike, and even the generic Gravity Kalai.

As for the Pro and Anti Loaded people here, please get back on topic. Everyone has their opinions so leave them to it. There's no way you're gonna change their opinion based on an online forum. Plus, they're solid boards with innovative thinking. To deny that would be foolish. Plus, you can't go wrong with a Tan Tien, Paris 180s, and 80a stims.
    Last edited by InfinitysLimits; 08-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by collazoch View Post
    My parents think im stupid for having 3 boards
    Ask your mom how many pairs of shoes she's got.
    Voyager Racing
    Ronin
    Venom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urbanj View Post
    Following this logic, I would not get a longboard at all, only because "everyone" has one.
    Sprell

Loaded Dervish Flex 1 for Non-Skating Fatties / Paris 180 Adam Colton Acid Trippies / Orangatang 75mm Durian 80a Orange Slushies / Bones Swiss Ceramics Overkill Bearings / Shock Pads, Bolts, Washers and Nuts / Triple 8 Moneyspender Balloon Robot Special Edition Helmet (Large Noob Ego Size)

“A Week, Max.” As in, "It will only hurt for a week at the maximum." "A week, max" is a sort-of-code for "You get no sympathy from me."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lacruzi View Post
    i dont know what this talk of symetrical dropthroughs is all about. what you need is a flexy topmount. Maybe a Gravity Diamond Tail or Loaded Fattail
    What this talk is: They're capable of what the OP wants and can also do other things he will likely want to do in the future.
    The closest I come to being black is surfing blacktop
    Because I have to keep my head cocked and watch out for angry cops.
    If not I'm burning on that hood white hot
    And I'm wondering what I did just to get myself caught.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

carving has more to do with trucks ! I prefer TKP trucks over RKP for carving and fun any day ! Tkp trucks are Bennetts , Indy's, Indeesz , they turn more and are more surfy.
    you can buy a flex pintail or a symmetrical top mounted + Bennetts 5 or 6 or Pintail + bennetts 5 with Tracker RTS 129 or 149 on rear, that way you can pump and carve !

edit: Drop through are less surfy !
    gravity brad edwards 40'' Gravity Mini classic Subsonic Pulse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys

I'm a beginner and I search the best longboard that can give you the same sensation than snowboarding. So a board to Cruise and Carve. The roads are principally flat, but I would like to ride some hill too. I'm 5'8'' tall and i weight 143. And i realy have no idea of which kind of setup should i get for a cruising/carving board.

Thanks for your answer : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS