ADVERTISEMENT

Page 204 of 263 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 5242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How was your daily longboarding ride/s?

I managed to get in around 2 hours at the park nearest my house today. My Hightailer is amazing now that I've got the Randal's on it. Speed checks and 180's galore. I even ollie'd it a few times (with the assistance of a curb).

Best part of the day though was... I got my mom to skate. No sissy stuff either. She hopped on and started pushing away. She still hasn't learned to keep her feet further apart but she's getting there.

I keep telling her she needs to practice more so she can skate the competitions with me, but I think she's fine with just cruising... for now.

Edit: It was 60's and gorgeous here too, my northern neighbor.
    Too many boards. Still love my Hightailer.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSeven View Post

Edit: It was 60's and gorgeous here too, my northern neighbor.
    Awesome, here's to hoping for more of this weather this winter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Awesome, here's to hoping for more of this weather this winter!
    Agreed. Especially if it's not going to snow. There's no reason for cold weather without snow and so far we've had zip/nadda/none.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a nice freeride session on 60 degree weather today. Continuing to work on my slides, hoping I can actually develop some skills to bring to a slide jam this year!
    I am an artist. My board is my brush and the road is my canvas.

I <3 sloped terrain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiersgarr View Post
    Had a nice freeride session on 60 degree weather today. Continuing to work on my slides, hoping I can actually develop some skills to bring to a slide jam this year!
    It seems everyone had nice weather today.

I hear you on the slides. I've gotta work on my hands down stuff as soon as my Black Velvet's get here. I'm sure we'll both get there, just gotta keep practicing.

Also, I'm jelly of your LT Demonseed. I've been wanting to try one of those for ages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSeven View Post
    It seems everyone had nice weather today.

I hear you on the slides. I've gotta work on my hands down stuff as soon as my Black Velvet's get here. I'm sure we'll both get there, just gotta keep practicing.

Also, I'm jelly of your LT Demonseed. I've been wanting to try one of those for ages.
    Some winter we are having alright! Thanks, man, I really love that demonseed! Bought it when the second release came around last fall.

I <3 sloped terrain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, should've mentioned that a pedestrian in the neighborhood I was in gave my friend a brand new set of approx 63mm Rock Skates GT50 wheels, which I ended up taking. "Why not" I thought. Just looked them up, they are roller skate wheels! Had a good laugh over this, hehe.

I <3 sloped terrain

Next to the Skate Mecca of the southwest.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was amazing. I landed a switch stand up for the first time ever! Later, I ended it with some chill dancing, and a flawless cross-step to nose shuvit to 180 slide to walk the plank. everything just flowed. One of the best longboard sessions of my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna include two rides in this post
    one ride was on sunday with the guys in a somewhat rich people neighborhood (they always have the best hills) it was really nice with some minute or two minute long rides until we came upon these bratty little girls the first time we rode past them we just casually rode by and waved to be nice then they started yelling at us so we rode on then the next time we passed them their little lady pack leader had whipped the other little girls into a skater hating wolfpack of shrill yells and insults so again we just casually go about our thing then they start to follow us so we don't feel like dealing with them and we just leave
    long story short... four 20 something year olds were scared away by a pack of angry little girls

next story is yesterday was fantastic because my friend and I both had great job related events happen
    he got a job in the field he has been looking to get back into and I had a great interview for a job I think I would love
    so as excited as we were skating was awesome and it just all in all felt great
    no call back on my job yet though
    Find what saves you

Quote Originally Posted by Haro View Post
    I could never ride a stolen board. I keep hearing stories of people stealing boards from shops and it's all just bad karma. As soon as those boards are stolen I hope every wheel jamming rock within a ten foot radius of them is somehow magnetically attracted to their wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class got cancelled. Been ridin for about 2 1/2 hours. Takin a breather for a little bit.
    Ran into a couple kids at school and we hit up this spot on campus where an access to a parking lot got blocked off for pedestrians, we can still skate between the little poles. Not very long or steep. But great for an in-between class sesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    The world is my bitch so, unless you're a martian, it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    That was good old Wags
    10winnings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned how to switch toeside 180, I'm still stoked out of my brain.
    Fear is the mind killer.

Concrete Kahuna Freeridincalistyle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skated like 30 mins down to NJK and looked at some leathers. Apparently my friend an i missed K-rimes by less than an hour, according to kelcey. Went back to Canada for surgery. We also hit up some hills and it was a sick day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive just recently moved to germany after living in spain and sweden.. dont have a job or that many friends to hang out with daytime at least yet.. so therefor i have a lot of time sightseeing and just having fun on my board.. even though it winter and like between 0 and minus 10 celsius im still out and i am SOOOOO STOOOKED over today ride i found a superflat nice like schoolyard with lot of smalla stairs, things to jump up and down and over a small bank.. but still ive been thinking about a trick ive wanted to do ro a time but never actuallt tried so today was the day it took quite som time to get it right but still ONEFOOT NOSEMANUAL UNDERFOOT SHUVIT (or whatever anyone wanna call it.. front foot making nose manual and rear goes under the bort an shuvs it around) after that i called it a day and tomorrow ill be at it again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyheinrich View Post
    ive just recently moved to germany after living in spain and sweden.. dont have a job or that many friends to hang out with daytime at least yet.. so therefor i have a lot of time sightseeing and just having fun on my board.. even though it winter and like between 0 and minus 10 celsius im still out and i am SOOOOO STOOOKED over today ride i found a superflat nice like schoolyard with lot of smalla stairs, things to jump up and down and over a small bank.. but still ive been thinking about a trick ive wanted to do ro a time but never actuallt tried so today was the day it took quite som time to get it right but still ONEFOOT NOSEMANUAL UNDERFOOT SHUVIT (or whatever anyone wanna call it.. front foot making nose manual and rear goes under the bort an shuvs it around) after that i called it a day and tomorrow ill be at it again!!
    Sounds fun! Great to hear you're keeping the stoke alive, even in sub-zero temperatures. Keep it up and maybe get us some footage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill see what i can do currently cameraless gonna try to get mine shipped here so i dont have to spend money on a new one and after that definitly some footage and by then maybe i can flip it :P ond hopefully it will be a bit warmer longjohns FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first skate of the year and it was fantastic. skated into town along the river bike trail, saw another skater on a gravity pintail in toe shoes and using a carbon fiber big stick. we stopped and talked a bit, he said he will be "skating" on the river in the spring. some kind of board that can be used on water.

skated the rest of the way into town got some ostrich sticks and a pepsi, sat at my favorite plaza to rest and skated back to south side. decided to rest in south side and saw another skater and we skated a bit and then grabbed a bite to eat. perfect day, not a cloud in the sky. and to think this morning i was thinking if i really wanted to continue longboarding. no longer a question. be skating until i'm bedridden

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope I can count my snowboard as a longboard. A sunny 2 hour hike up a ridge not too far from home, resulted in knee deep powder "hoots" in the trees. There was no one else in the valley, quiet and peaceful, and the dog sniffed up an elk antler. Solitude is good for the soul. I'll enjoy the snow when it's here, but about this time of year I get the itch to roll a bit. Won't be too long now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skool82941 View Post
    Hope I can count my snowboard as a longboard. A sunny 2 hour hike up a ridge not too far from home, resulted in knee deep powder "hoots" in the trees. There was no one else in the valley, quiet and peaceful, and the dog sniffed up an elk antler. Solitude is good for the soul. I'll enjoy the snow when it's here, but about this time of year I get the itch to roll a bit. Won't be too long now.
    Nothing better than hiking up valley or ridge and boarding down. One of the best things ever to just float on the pow.

Relevance: Bout to take my new Gravity SY Model out for a walk with my puppy. He's getting chubby and I need to skate.
    Go play skateboards

Skate the 505

I like to play Photography!

http://garrettgoecknerifdm.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyCrackers View Post
    Has lazer eyes, we're ****ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pushed about ten miles today, man I'm out of shape. Feels good to ride though!

I <3 sloped terrain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably had the sweetest session to date today. Took my Ethos 37 up to Golden Gate Park and skated all the way down and to Daly City. Then sessioned a local hill for a few hours. Tooo much fun.

Maxxspeed Skateboards

"What do you mean by odd?" "Well it's what's different from even."

Page 204 of 263 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS