ADVERTISEMENT

Page 207 of 262 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 5240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How was your daily longboarding ride/s?

I had a lot of fun out in Hillview the other day with a group of guys from the Nashville Longboard Society. The hill we messed around on was like 20+ degree grade. Crazy stuff.

First run of the day I ended up backflipping down the mountain backwards. I wore a helmet of course, so it was actually pretty fun. The grass was nice and soft at least.

My neck is really sore today though, so I'm gonna make my first run to the doctors office in like 6 years. Make sure I didn't seriously mess anything up.
    Too many boards. Still love my Hightailer.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke 30mph at GGP yesterday. Super stoked. Can't wait to find some more long gradual runs in the City.

Maxxspeed Skateboards

"What do you mean by odd?" "Well it's what's different from even."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been teaching my girlfreind to skate on my drop speed, and shes been having difficulty getting her balance, and complained that she didn't know how to balance, so a four year old girl skates up to her and says "skateboarding isnt hard silly, you just have to prac-tice" and now she wants to keep trying to skate
    Quote Originally Posted by dylancoleman View Post
    I threw away my apex 37 and now it's awesome

I don't drive a car, i push a piece of wood. really fast. LDP is a lifestyle choice
    working quiver
    landyachtz dropspeed on 852s on SB Smokers 84a and SB abec 9s
    Intrepid Platypus on indys on 66mm 78a luv yo muthas with some garbage loaded bearings
    and other bits and pieces everywhere...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son was with me, so I couldn't go to far afield, and it was drizzling. So I took out my Landyachtz Stout, which is my wet weather board, and messed around on the hill in front of my house. Last week I took the trucks off the wedged risers, replaced the mini-monsters with 59mm Penny cruiser wheels and set the trucks ridiculously loose. The Stout went from being a Jack-of-no-trades to being an awesome low-speed carve machine (it was actually pretty good at that before, but even better now). I worked on style exclusively: staying low, cutting a good line, doing something with my hands, etc. It was so much fun!
    Last edited by Maggot; 03-01-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    Quiver: Bustin Mekanik, Clutch Die Hula Die!, Nelson Spindrift, Sector 9 Tiffany, Wild Monkey Racing Kukri, Paris and Cast Ronin trucks, any and all wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gumballs slide oddly smooth on pavement with that black spray sealant coating over it.
    Pretty nice little surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    The world is my bitch so, unless you're a martian, it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    That was good old Wags
    10winnings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't skate last night due to the weather and I was taking it sleazy for tonight.

However I did skate about 12 miles on Tuesday night. The skate back home was awesome. Hit this hill I always imagine bombing. Did a full coleman 180 pendy. Was a little dirty though seeing how I was grabbing my board.

Also for the record skating down a hill that you can get around to 26mph and jamming out to Girl Talk is good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cann0n View Post
    Eventually, you'll find that road rash is like herpes... the move lovin you do, the more chance you have to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkimmel View Post
    Correction:
    Eventually, you'll find that road rash is like herpes... the more protection you wear the less chance you'll get it. 8O
    Be right back... downhilling on my Earthwing Smoker with Baluts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. About 6/7 of us got together after school and practiced sliding on this hill:

(These are just some other people at my school, not me).
    The Quiver
    Arbor Prodigy | LongboardLarry OSD | Bustin Yoface 35
    Cast Ronins | Randall 180's | Indy 169's
    Retro Bertz/Amber Flashbacks | 80a Tunnell Tarantula's | 62mm Slide A's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to the college campus near my girlfriend's house. Her son told me about a couple of spots.

I played in a parking garage then bombed some long curvy hills. I don't get to do that so much in my neighborhood because I'm usually concerned about what's at the bottom. Here there were no cars on a Sunday, and you could see everything from a mile away.
    Quiver: Bustin Mekanik, Clutch Die Hula Die!, Nelson Spindrift, Sector 9 Tiffany, Wild Monkey Racing Kukri, Paris and Cast Ronin trucks, any and all wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another great session!

Learned switch speed checks and switch frontside 180

Gunnar
    --
    Gunnar

Fuerteventura, Canary Islands

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skated for a little bit last night on a short and mellow hill. I was working on slides. I decided to go for a coleman manual(?). It went well for a about a second. :P Fun though.

Maxxspeed Skateboards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How was my ride? Wonderful! Today it got up to 65* and a small breeze. No clouds in the sky, I wasn't gonna miss this opportunity. Headed out at 12, back at 5. Skated to a neighborhood I had seen while driving and heard rumors about. I didn't find a neighborhood. I found the promised land! Hills in every direction, no traffic, decent pavement. We worked our way down and on the last run we got over zealous and my friend in front of me got wobbles at I'd guess 25mph, he bails and sprints for his life right into the street I'm turning into. It happened so fast all I know is we collided, the slushie in my hand freaking exploded, and I tumble like 8 feet across the street into an embankment and slide another 2 into a ditch. I look up and see my board fly into a wall like a freaking missile. No damage to either. On such an adrenaline rush I get up, see if my friend is ok (he didn't even fall after I slammed into him!), and look myself over. I was on such an adrenaline rush, didn't know where I was cut till I looked at it. Small cuts on my hands, fingers, gash in my palm, roadrashed knee,hip, and epic on my right forearm. I won't post if anyone's squeamish. I'm covered in soda and dirt and kindly ask the people who's front yard I crashed into if I could clean up. So I did, and I'm running my arm with an alcohol wipe and feel absolutely no pain. Adrenaline rush. It wore off like 15 min later on the walk up the hill, it kind of stings. I keep skating for another 3 or so hours on flat ground and went home and thoroughly scrubbed myself.

Tl;dr- great weather, found some hills, crashed, and kept goin.
    COLORADOCOLORADOCOLORADOCOLORADO
    COLORADOCOLORADOCOLROADOCOLORADO

Team Lean, Bitches.
    THC Club 4 Lyfe
    SFCP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cruised around the highschool on my shaka, worked on bonlesses up and down things. Worked on my foot work, that one cross step to nollie pivot to switch cross step to nollie pivot back to regular, some pans to walk back all crazy to pirouette back to regular, switch shuvits and mannys of course. Went back home and got some snacks, then went back out on the Yuppie and broke in my 56mm 78a cadillacs.

They slide so nice. The contact patch is narrow so they are pretty fast in a rotation and the push back isn't intense like bigger soft wheels. They are perfect for soft wheel sliding on a smaller board. Oh and zero wheelbite and I can roll over almost anything
    Go play skateboards

Skate the 505

I like to play Photography!

http://garrettgoecknerifdm.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyCrackers View Post
    Has lazer eyes, we're ****ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I woke up grabbed my "school board" (22 inh penny cruiser) and headed off for a mile cruise to school, doing manuals and shove its (can't do much else with a backpack) put it in my Locker then came home to take a downhill ride on my 50 inch neversummer to do some mild downhill then returned and brought out my lib tech 44 inch duel kicktail long board for freestyle. A great day to ride...
    Ps, I've ridden(and fallen) into my fair share of ####
    Last edited by Neversummerlibtech; 03-04-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Auto correct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was AWESOME. Loved it! Got used to sliding at higher speeds and got up to a pretty solid 30mph. Stoked!!!!! First triple pendy ever :P Ended even better when I got cake and a message from Silverfish saying Happy Birthday Sucks that it was on a Monday and ended with a 2 hour Advanced Algebra class, but it ended with some great birthday thane
    The Quiver
    Arbor Prodigy | LongboardLarry OSD | Bustin Yoface 35
    Cast Ronins | Randall 180's | Indy 169's
    Retro Bertz/Amber Flashbacks | 80a Tunnell Tarantula's | 62mm Slide A's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday's short ride was nice! Though brief, I am getting better at skating home from the train station near my place and navigating the hills and traffic along the way. Confidence and remembering that you can footbrake go a long way. Day before that, I did some freeriding, broke in my new Race Forms; 80a is actually a great durometer for me! I had worried it would be too soft but I really felt in control when executing slides
    I am an artist. My board is my brush and the road is my canvas.

I <3 sloped terrain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started longboarding only a week ago and everytime I go out I get more addicted to it. I went out yesterday and found a fun little strip of roads that all connect and lead back to my house so that's what I spent the day doing. I basically live on top of a giant hill, so maybe I'll soon get up the courage to start bombing the big hills

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since it was so nice out yesterday I got super excited about skating to class today. Woke up to pouring rain and super gusty winds :l Went anyways, had tons of fun learning what footbreaking on wet concrete felt like (scary) and running through puddles. Might be time to invest in some fenders, since I think the dropcarve is going to end up being my rainy day board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skated a pretty gradual hill yesterday and worked on pendys. Finally getting used to bringing them back.
    Today, I headed to my nearest hill and worked on stalefishes (unsuccessfully) and stand up 180s (successfully but low to the ground).
    Last edited by Brooke; 03-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Maxxspeed Skateboards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went out around sunset with my wife on a trail we found with a slight slope that connects my town with the one over. It was maybe a 2 mile ride over all. I rode while she ran and I must say she's pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from a small slide sesh. working on getting used to sliding at higher speeds, its still a bit sketchy for me but im getting there. I was doing some coleman 180s and coleman shut downs to warm up, then I did some 180 colemans right into switch toe side handsdown 180s to get back to my goofy stance. still not able to do slide checks, but the shut down is basiclly half way there, slow progress, but, progress is progress.

Page 207 of 262 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS