Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Best freeride Board

Quote Originally Posted by FroZack View Post
    It's not just hype. Got mine this week. I've tried the dervish, owned a bustin sojourn and an apex 37; the deck outperforms all of them.
    any board would "out perform" those decks.

bring on the flame fest
    Last edited by chandler95; 05-21-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    earthwing skateboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by le roublard View Post
    if they put this graphic i'm sold

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Banned Addicted Cruiser MacSpeedMike's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FroZack View Post
    It's not just hype. Got mine this week. I've tried the dervish, owned a bustin sojourn and an apex 37; the deck outperforms all of them.
    congratulations for trying out all of the kmart style "sidewalk surfer" setups. Are you a big fan of sismics and revengers too?

How about we hear from some people with experience on boards made for actual skilled freeriding, and not the ones made for pushing along the boardwalk doing super gnarley surfer carves bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there were one "best" freeride board, wouldn't everyone have that and put all the other companies out of business?
    Most people want a stiff deck to freeride. The lower the board sits, the easier it slides out. The taller, the harder. The longer the wheelbase the easier it is to slide out. Find concave that, for a lack of better words, "locks your feet in" and buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MacSpeedMike View Post
    congratulations for trying out all of the kmart style "sidewalk surfer" setups. Are you a big fan of sismics and revengers too?

How about we hear from some people with experience on boards made for actual skilled freeriding, and not the ones made for pushing along the boardwalk doing super gnarley surfer carves bro.
    HATERRRRRRRR....nahh i know wuchu mean yur still kind of a buthole though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meccaandsoul View Post
    HATERRRRRRRR....nahh i know wuchu mean yur still kind of a buthole though
    as are you. what he said was totally true and he didn't really come across as being a butthole.

It really depends on your style and the decks your used to riding, both are fantastic for freeride and dh. The obvious identifying characteristics of the two boards are obviously the avenger W vs the nemmy drop. The avenger is a great board and i find the W to be useful in backside slides. However the nemesis drop really locks you in and preforms great as a slide deck reguardless of the direction your going in.
    totally true. that was sarcasm. (my post that you replied to) Thanks anyway, that information is good for this thread regardless.
    why yes, my avatar is a picture of sector 9 ceramic bearings. why isn't yours? please neg rep me if you haven't already.
    I HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF FICTIONAL SKATEBOARDS. THEY ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh123 View Post
    Okay
    But i need a new board so!
    Which Board do you think will slide better a rayne nemisis or a rayne avenger
    your right, so i checked out the boards for you. first off im a huge fan of rayne!
    they both look sick,
    the avenger they claim as their bad ass freeride board. the drop down design is great for feeling your board for stand up slides. "Pockets" is something you hear talked about a lot for free ride. The avenger will have the best pockets of the two.
    it has NO flex which i prefer for FR. if you live in hilly or mountainous area id normally suggest you go with this one but they really sell the avenger as a racer and i bet its really fast.

the avenger also looks kick ass! it is 9 inches shorter, which is lot! the W concave is def. something i would want to try. i would say this is the better board for you if your more of a beginner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCPush View Post
    your right, so i checked out the boards for you. first off im a huge fan of rayne!
    they both look sick,
    the avenger they claim as their bad ass freeride board. the drop down design is great for feeling your board for stand up slides. "Pockets" is something you hear talked about a lot for free ride. The avenger will have the best pockets of the two.
    it has NO flex which i prefer for FR. if you live in hilly or mountainous area id normally suggest you go with this one but they really sell the avenger as a racer and i bet its really fast.

the avenger also looks kick ass! it is 9 inches shorter, which is lot! the W concave is def. something i would want to try. i would say this is the better board for you if your more of a beginner.
    wut?
    10wut's
    The avenger is a topmount speedboard, there are no foot pockets, i think your thinking of the nemisis, it's a 1" drop deck, it''s great for freeriding.
    Just my 1.4199503eurocents
    lollollollollollollollollollollollollol
    http://wiki.silverfishlongboarding.com/index.php/Main_Page
    Say what you think not what enlarges your E-penis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCPush View Post
    they both look sick,

What do you think about the comet voodoo d2 its a top mount symmetrical baord

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive heard good things about the nine two five and the switch the switch woud be better for dh due to the drop in platform but because of that not as good for carving(this is physics not what is said on the site) whereas the nine two five would be the opposite better for carving than the switch but not as good for dh also the drop in in the switch makes it a bit better for pushing something every single board needs you could get the apex37 (the 34 is pointless unless your a bit shorter) and instead put randals on it it's quik to flip hanger plus it is super super light also slide gloves make a huge difference in sliding im personaly getting landyachtz gloves then if i want finger pucks i order the pucks and then do the whole shoe goo and velcro thing wheels make a huge difference and ive heard nothing bad about zomies hawgs and ive ridden krypto classics and cant say anything bad retro bigzigs are great but if you ride too hard you can actually get rock chips from crappy pavement stuck in them and it makes for a very f%#$ed up ride when hitting Sh#%y pavement though if you go to parking garages mostly that wont be that big of a deal but even with all of these it still comes down to you sure a dance board wont be very fun or possible at slides but if your board is built for what your doing you cant blame or give credit to it its all you learn slides then practice practice practice sounds cliche but it is the best and most honest advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lqc3vDkhOo]YouTube - Go Freeride![/ame]

Look what the pro's ride...
    Ask me about my Holesom.
    Holesom SS = Brown Randals+Ambers
    Voodoo Doll = Real Indy's + 80a 4Pres

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RisingGreySun View Post
    ive heard good things about the nine two five and the switch the switch woud be better for dh due to the drop in platform but because of that not as good for carving(this is physics not what is said on the site) whereas the nine two five would be the opposite better for carving than the switch but not as good for dh also the drop in in the switch makes it a bit better for pushing something every single board needs you could get the apex37 (the 34 is pointless unless your a bit shorter) and instead put randals on it it's quik to flip hanger plus it is super super light also slide gloves make a huge difference in sliding im personaly getting landyachtz gloves then if i want finger pucks i order the pucks and then do the whole shoe goo and velcro thing wheels make a huge difference and ive heard nothing bad about zomies hawgs and ive ridden krypto classics and cant say anything bad retro bigzigs are great but if you ride too hard you can actually get rock chips from crappy pavement stuck in them and it makes for a very f%# up ride when hitting Sh#%y pavement though if you go to parking garages mostly that wont be that big of a deal but even with all of these it still comes down to you sure a dance board wont be very fun or possible at slides but if your board is built for what your doing you cant blame or give credit to it its all you learn slides then practice practice practice sounds cliche but it is the best and most honest advice
    nice punctuation

so many dumb people in this thread................get whatever pleases you
    [15:51:37] MalakaiKingston: why talk when her mouth is full of kenny chang balls?
    TEAM BROCE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akimaveur View Post
    YouTube - Go Freeride!

Look what the pro's ride...
    I cant notice what boards they ride tell me
    please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please
    Short wheelbase topmounts
    Just my 1.4199503eurocents
    lollollollollollollollollollollollollol
    http://wiki.silverfishlongboarding.com/index.php/Main_Page
    Say what you think not what enlarges your E-penis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please
    i saw an avenger, nemesis, and a hellcat. out of these i'd say nemesis would be best. but i'd vote 9two5. locks you in like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMrsPink View Post
    I was thinking that REAL female longboarders are more like a Soda Factory board.

Sleek,sexy and built tough... They are affordable, but hard to get your hands on. And every body wants one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OKY View Post
    i saw an avenger, nemesis, and a hellcat. out of these i'd say nemesis would be best. but i'd vote 9two5. locks you in like crazy.
    What do you think about the voodoo d2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone on pros n cons for- EW Supermodel vs. Landyachtz 9two5 ? Interested in a freeride leaning more towards all around, slight downhill w/ fun CARVING-no real hairy speed dh bombing, not to say I don't enjoy some decent hills. Any one experienced w/ these boards, your comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks. Happy Holidays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all about the Clutch Knuckleduster!!!
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable

Rayne Nemesis-Ace 66 Hybrids-Hesher Snowballs
    Clutch Knuckleduster-Bear 852-Cult Classics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys disappoint me. Btw Tan Tien is crap compared to my FSM for freeriding. Rode the Dervish and Tan Tien with randal 50 deg. Both had yotangs and the Dervish was loose as hell and dervish was better (I had foot space). Still they do slide and you can free-ride on them. I just wish they would actually make you feel like your feet are secure. Ive ridden the Nemesis, FSM, 9two5, and Nelson Longboard Carbon Drop with concave and they ALL felt better than the loaded products for free-riding. Here are the vague requirements for a in my opinion a good free-ride board.

1) Make sure the thing is symmetrical please and also keep it around 38 inches give or take some. Just don't be trying to power slide some 33 inch mini down Mary Hill though I am sure someone has done it. I have one its hard to do and doesn't always work the way you want it too.

2) Make sure it has some sort of concave to really holy your feet. The Nemesis makes me feel like I'm standing in a box and the board won't come off. Same for the 9two5. The FSM isn't like that but my feet definitely feel LOCKED in place. When I commit I know I'm not going anywhere.

3) Top mounts are sick especially downhill go for a drop deck if you live in the hilly areas. For people like me with flat land please invest in a drop through. It makes learning to stand up a bit easier.

4) Go make some slide gloves you will need them. Don't buy anything for more than 40$ you can easily make a good pair for cheaper. Just get some work gloves (mine are pig leather) velcro, rubber cement (shoe goo works as well), and some slide pucks or corian tile sample from the home depot for free btw. Slap em together and you've got yourself some hand protection. You will fall when learning how to stand up slide maybe not at first but hey stuff happens save your hands its well worth it.

5) Go get yourself some 190mm or above trucks I like my Indy 215 hybrids they make sliding sick. Friends got some 219 Trackers which I also have owned, and yes they do work. They are more leany though. If you still have some paris 180's or randal 180's hey go for it. I'd say keep them on your current board and invest in a new one but they totally will work for free-riding.

6) Get yourself some sick wheels. Now keep in mind not all wheels will work for the same truck. The durians 83a that I got with my FSM were SOOO choppy on my Indy's that my friend deemed my board the "shreeker" anyway. Got some Freerides 83a and they are so SICK sooooo sick please go buy some if your want a GOOD freeride wheel. Same for the Stimulus but the Durians just did not like being put on anything that wasn't around 45 degrees but after that (I put them on my crails) they were super awesome. I have heard good things about hesher snowballs, and any of the Sector Nine Race forms with round lips are super awesome and smooth. Make sure you but SPACERS with those wheels.

7)Go find some pavement. Remember different pavement works better for different wheels. So try some different gradients. The kinda old torn up stuff in front of my house works wonders on the Free-rides and Durians, but the new black top takes some breaking in before the Freerides will slide all smooth. However the concrete in the parking garage my Freerides love but the Durians are like ehh what?

8) I think sliding is key for free-riding that is just me though. Some people love dancing, but I don't see your dancing your way down a steep incline and stopping yourself with a sick power slide.

Remember if you live in the flats concave isn't necessary and I feel like most any symmetrical board could be free-ridden anyway make SURE it is at least a symmetrical setup it makes life a lot easier.
    If you can't think about it just do it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GatedFlatz View Post
    .1) Make sure the thing is symmetrical please and also keep it around 38 inches give or take some. Just don't be trying to power slide some 33 inch mini down Mary Hill though I am sure someone has done it. I have one its hard to do and doesn't always work the way you want it too.

2) Make sure it has some sort of concave to really holy your feet. The Nemesis makes me feel like I'm standing in a box and the board won't come off. Same for the 9two5. The FSM isn't like that but my feet definitely feel LOCKED in place. When I commit I know I'm not going anywhere.

3) Top mounts are sick especially downhill go for a drop deck if you live in the hilly areas. For people like me with flat land please invest in a drop through. It makes learning to stand up a bit easier.

4) Go make some slide gloves you will need them. Don't buy anything for more than 40$ you can easily make a good pair for cheaper. Just get some work gloves (mine are pig leather) velcro, rubber cement (shoe goo works as well), and some slide pucks or corian tile sample from the home depot for free btw. Slap em together and you've got yourself some hand protection. You will fall when learning how to stand up slide maybe not at first but hey stuff happens save your hands its well worth it.

5) Go get yourself some 190mm or above trucks I like my Indy 215 hybrids they make sliding sick. Friends got some 219 Trackers which I also have owned, and yes they do work. They are more leany though. If you still have some paris 180's or randal 180's hey go for it. I'd say keep them on your current board and invest in a new one but they totally will work for free-riding.

6) Get yourself some sick wheels. Now keep in mind not all wheels will work for the same truck. The durians 83a that I got with my FSM were SOOO choppy on my Indy's that my friend deemed my board the "shreeker" anyway. Got some Freerides 83a and they are so SICK sooooo sick please go buy some if your want a GOOD freeride wheel. Same for the Stimulus but the Durians just did not like being put on anything that wasn't around 45 degrees but after that (I put them on my crails) they were super awesome. I have heard good things about hesher snowballs, and any of the Sector Nine Race forms with round lips are super awesome and smooth. Make sure you but SPACERS with those wheels.

7)Go find some pavement. Remember different pavement works better for different wheels. So try some different gradients. The kinda old torn up stuff in front of my house works wonders on the Free-rides and Durians, but the new black top takes some breaking in before the Freerides will slide all smooth. However the concrete in the parking garage my Freerides love but the Durians are like ehh what?

8) I think sliding is key for free-riding that is just me though. Some people love dancing, but I don't see your dancing your way down a steep incline and stopping yourself with a sick power slide.

Remember if you live in the flats concave isn't necessary and I feel like most any symmetrical board could be free-ridden anyway make SURE it is at least a symmetrical setup it makes life a lot easier.
    The Knucky has all of that! Its 40" long 10" wide and has some crazy concave. Heres some prove:
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable

Rayne Nemesis-Ace 66 Hybrids-Hesher Snowballs
    Clutch Knuckleduster-Bear 852-Cult Classics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That board is in for some good lovin lol, and yes clutch makes some sick boards
    If you can't think about it just do it

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS