ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Best freeride deck....?

I'd rather go with the fact that there is no 'best' board when it comes to freeriding, or any other discipline for that matter. It's more of what you feel comfortable with along with your own personal skill. There are things that will help, but nothing that will make you a better rider.

Anyways, ranting aside...from your list I'd go with a 925, just cause I prefer Landyachtz over other makes...plus it's about 40" long so there's tons of space to shuffle your feet around. The nemesis is awesome too, if you don't mind the feel of a topmount. I dunno, anything with an aggressive concave, symmetrical shape, and a long wheelbase wins it for me. Just find people who have those decks and ride them - that's the best way to make a decision.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hhahaa I would have to say best freeride board????

MY BOARD

hahaha u have to find what is the best one for you!!!!!! not what the people say what is the best..

those boards are pretty cool ..... I prefer rayne over landy..... kswitch avenger hellcat demonseed it depends what suits you!

i prefer asymmetrical with w concave topmount if it haves a litle drop (less than 1") better...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the EW Supermodel and its a great board, I love it. But SlideOrDie said ITS ALL PREFERANCE. I'm looking right now to buy a slight drop deck like the Lambchop or maybe even a top mount like the Wolfshark cause I haven't tried em yet. But bottom line go out and skate and see what works for you the best (:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leoseanster View Post
    I'd rather go with the fact that there is no 'best' board when it comes to freeriding, or any other discipline for that matter. It's more of what you feel comfortable with along with your own personal skill. There are things that will help, but nothing that will make you a better rider.

Anyways, ranting aside...from your list I'd go with a 925, just cause I prefer Landyachtz over other makes...plus it's about 40" long so there's tons of space to shuffle your feet around. The nemesis is awesome too, if you don't mind the feel of a topmount. I dunno, anything with an aggressive concave, symmetrical shape, and a long wheelbase wins it for me. Just find people who have those decks and ride them - that's the best way to make a decision.
    How does the nemmy feel like a topmount if its dropped 1 inch?
    Agreed on trying out decks. Even just standing on one to get the feel of a concave is a good way to make sure you at least feel confortable and locked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueapollo View Post
    i for one dont want a "chill" board... ever, if a board is described as "chill" you can keep it. i want a gut wrenching sketchy speed demon under my feet.
    S9 Daisy.
    Caliber 50s.
    Roundish wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truthfully think the 9 two 5 and the switch kinda of suck. Also the earthwing supermodel is good for 100 dollars but there are better boards out there. Get a DB Stalker (I have it) the Tutone Megadong, Landyacthz Wolfshark 2012, Kebbek Rockin Rookie, and Loaded Dervish (completely kidding). I know all of those are topmounts (except for the dervish but I was kidding) but I personally think from all of the boards I have ridden, topmounts are the way to go. I think they have more control and a better feel to them then dropped, drop through, or double dropped decks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexxdb View Post
    I think a lot of searching should answer most of your questions. Freeriding is a serious preference. Some people like freeriding a long double drop while others like short wheelbase top mounts. Any stiff, symetrical baord with a good concave and short enough wheelbase for manoevarability will work well. Only thing i can suggest is the switchblade over the switch, because people have mentioned the switch being too 'hammocky' due to the large drop.
    I have to agree there. Freeride is very much a preference based discipline. Like he said, a stiff, symetrical baord with a good concave and short enough wheelbase for maneuverability will work for Freeride. However my personal preference is the Original Freeride 41 with the Rocker Concave. I love that board. If it's possible to have a board soul mate, that's mind. Also, the Churchill Angel deck is a good choice as it is exactly the same as the more expensive Original Deck. Churchill mfg for the win here.

Anyways, that's just my preference when it comes to freestyle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its freeriding. Be free and ride whatever the hell you want.
    Go play skateboards

Skate the 505

I like to play Photography!

http://garrettgoecknerifdm.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyCrackers View Post
    Has lazer eyes, we're ****ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS