ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ultimate skating with longboards. Watch this video.

Quote Originally Posted by DSfriscoe View Post
    I really enjoyed the videos. Loved the hippy jump contest! I'm not going to beat a dead horse and talk about safety, so adios! Also, this site, and many sites, tend to have people who are very vocal, and have a tendency to call you out for every flaw. Its best to try not to let it get to you.

I knew I would get these kinds of reactions because ive been here before but I also knew there are some people (like you) who actually watch the longboards and the tricks that are done with them instead of watching whats on the skaters heads.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomshanks View Post
    I knew I would get these kinds of reactions because ive been here before but I also knew there are some people (like you) who actually watch the longboards and the tricks that are done with them instead of watching whats on the skaters heads.

We most certainly are paying attention to what's not on skaters' heads AND the quality of skating they do.
    My Fleet: Loaded: Dervish, Dancer, Fattail, Bhangra/Roggs Dancer/LBL: Komodo & OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis/Earthwing Thruster/Soda Factory Born to Hula/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AM wood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTreeFallHard View Post
    We most certainly are paying attention to what's not on skaters' heads AND the quality of skating they do.

Well im glad some people are

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im glad some people are
    SELLING UNCUT 2008 RAYNR AVENGER, PM ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    From information I've objectively gathered, I have come to the conclusion that TylerHill may or may not be Morgan Freeman. And as we all know, Morgan Freeman is god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Tyler wins silverfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Da Troll View Post
    This thread is worthless until TylerHill posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by braineaters View Post
    This Tyler kid is a bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombers View Post
    You've been Tyler Hill'd. Welcome to Silverfish. ;)

[11:38 AM] malakaikingston: Today is a bag of eagleshark taped to a used tampon on fire

Addicted Cruiser Stupendous Man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course people are paying attention to the skating too, and its not terrible skating man. Not really my style, but you guys obviously know how to skate and have a lot of skill for this style of skating. I remember your last thread like this with the Super Shaka, and this is pretty similar in style, good but not GREAT, and not really charging all that hard. Mostly low speed techy flip tricks and spins without a ton of flow, just a lot of technical "tricks". People pad up and wear lids because they skate hard and crash hard, and they want to live to do it again, and again, and again, and again. Like this awesome example just posted up on SHM. If you guys were Really charging it, you would all be decommissioned by now because these types of bails are a common occurrence when your pushing it. Nobody's trying to be your nanny, just trying to open your eyes a little. No offense intended.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't even tell you how ignorant you sound in the comment section of your videos. Yeah sure, to you wearing a helmet looks dumb, but to every other serious skater out there, you look dumb for not putting on a lid. I'm sure half the people on the fish wouldn't be here if they hadn't put one on. You get mad respect points for having the common sense to put on a lid, you lose them for not.

With that being said, your tricks are pretty good, but it should probably flow better. But props to your dedication to the sport! We bitch at you guys to wear a helmet because we care! Try to understand that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipAndFall View Post
    Can't even tell you how ignorant you sound in the comment section of your videos. Yeah sure, to you wearing a helmet looks dumb, but to every other serious skater out there, you look dumb for not putting on a lid. I'm sure half the people on the fish wouldn't be here if they hadn't put one on. You get mad respect points for having the common sense to put on a lid, you lose them for not.

With that being said, your tricks are pretty good, but it should probably flow better. But props to your dedication to the sport! We bitch at you guys to wear a helmet because we care! Try to understand that!

Thanks dude, yeah ive heard this a million times, but one thing I always see is that everyone says they care about our saftey, which isnt really true because all you're worried about is this stereotype that longboarders get for not wearing a helmet. I do know some pro skaters in real life who don't wear helmets and they ARE serious skaters. Oh well thanks for caring about me.

Stupendousman - I wear a helmet when I bomb hills, but when I'm at the skatepark where we just skate back and forth and I feel really comfortable on my board I don't really wan't to have this hot ass thing on my head the whole time. I've seen many bails and it's not like I don't get what a helmet is for, we just use longboards as skateboards pretty much and have a "skater" mentality when it comes to helmets. I'm not gonna show up to a huge ass hill without a helmet. I feel a difference between a spine at a skatepark compared to a 40mph downhill. I know the die hard hillbombers are pissed I dont wear helmets but actual skateboarders have never said a single thing to us regarding a helm. The one big difference between longboarders and skateboarders seems to be the helmet. This post will probably just piss everyone off like all my other posts do, but whatever, i'm not yelling at anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My worst injury came at 5mph, pushing to the post office to mail wheels without a lid on. Never again.
    From information I've objectively gathered, I have come to the conclusion that TylerHill may or may not be Morgan Freeman. And as we all know, Morgan Freeman is god.
    Tyler wins silverfish

[11:38 AM] malakaikingston: Today is a bag of eagleshark taped to a used tampon on fire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TylerHill View Post
    My worst injury came at 5mph, pushing to the post office to mail wheels without a lid on. Never again.
    Hey tyler. If we were wearing helmets in these videos would you have liked them?

What kind of person *are* you? Order of the 'Fish cawlin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey tyler. If we were wearing helmets in these videos would you have liked them?
    I would, to be honest. As much as you may not like it, you're a representation of this small sport. Act accordingly. When you make skating look cool, new skaters want to get into it.

They go beyond their bounds, they hit their head, they get skating banned on a hill. I've seen it happen. It's ****ed.

And yeah, I know Jon. I hosted the Minneapolis slide jam. I'm doing a few events next summer, be sure to hit them up. And bring a lid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My worst injury came while going 2.5mph. I was skipping to the snack bar at my local pool. I should have listened when the life guard told me to walk! I'm never doing any activity without my lid, ever again!

trololololllooooool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably more than I do now. Helmet's show a sign of responsibility and maturity.
    Tyler wins silverfish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst fall I nearly witnessed actually involved my friend not even moving on my board, trying a pivot. She would have cracked her skull if it weren't for the helmet.
    The closest I come to being black is surfing blacktop
    Because I have to keep my head cocked and watch out for angry cops.
    If not I'm burning on that hood white hot
    And I'm wondering what I did just to get myself caught.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boomshank's arguments for not wearing a helmet:
    >They're hot
    >I'm not going to fall anyways

Sounds like a whiny kid to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno about you guys but i always 'skate with my longboard'.

loljks im a poser.
    -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by blueapollo View Post
    i for one dont want a "chill" board... ever, if a board is described as "chill" you can keep it. i want a gut wrenching sketchy speed demon under my feet.
    S9 Daisy.
    Caliber 50s.
    Roundish wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are in a bit of a funny predicament here, and you are contradicting yourself all over the place. You seek acceptance and praise from two very different groups among the same community, but are having a hard time finding acceptance from either. The street skater's don't respect you because your on a longboard, and the downhillers don't respect you because you are too stubborn and ignorant to heed their advice and don a helmet. Have you posted your videos in any street skating forums? My guess is probably not. Street skating is not your thing. You like a hybrid of street/freeride/dance/freestyle all performed on longboards, which is really pretty rad IMO, so you come to a "longboard" forum and say This is the Ultimate! We're Stepping It Up! I want to see your next video be called "We're Smarting It Up" and just put on a helmet already.
    And to clarify something else, it is not necessarily YOU that people care about. People are replying to your videos regarding the lack of a helmet because they care about the skate community, and who is out there representing that community. I don't know who you are, and it will not effect me personally if you smash your head on the ground without a helmet. What the **** do I care about you personally? Nill. You guys are good skaters, and it would suck to see talent thrown away if one of you ended up as a brain dead vegetable just out of sheer ignorance and stubbornness. But thats not what anyone Really cares about. It is how it can really effect me if someone/anyone smashes their head on the ground without a helmet, and leaves an impression on the general community that ends up getting a spot shut down and has people reporting you to the police everytime the see someone skating in their neighboorhood all throughout your entire city/state/town. Because remember that Other skater who got carted off in an ambulance with his brains hanging out, oh yeah I read about that in the paper, better call the cops and have them tell these kids to leave before someone gets hurt again.
    THATS what people f'n care about. And the fact that you are influencing other more impressionable people that not wearing a lid is a perfectly acceptable and safe thing and Cool thing to do.
    Its good that your wear a lid doing any sort of higher speed stuff, but its usually where we are the most comfortable that we get the most hurt. You are not as focused when your doing something way inside your comfort zone, and that leads to those spontaneous bone breaking head cracking Stupid-"Never should have happened" types of falls. They are called Accidents. Don't kid yourself.
    That was the longest F'ing post ever...
    Last edited by Stupendous Man; 11-15-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: grammarz

Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Stupendous Man again.
    My Fleet: Loaded: Dervish, Dancer, Fattail, Bhangra/Roggs Dancer/LBL: Komodo & OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis/Earthwing Thruster/Soda Factory Born to Hula/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AM wood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone wan't to buy me a helmet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys do.
    TheIanTilmannFoundation.org
    Fill out an application and get one for free.
    If they dont get back to you, I'll buy you one, but I cant promise the same selection they do. It would probably be the T.H.E B1 Hooligan from JensonUSA for $7.99. Still a good CPSC cert helmet, just 80% off its $40 msrp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just curious when God decided to give his title over to TylerHill. Give me a break dude and step off the pedestal.

In regards to skating without a helmet; do what you want, it's your life. If you kill yourself you're only helping improve the species.
    Ho a’e ka ‘ike he’e nalu i ka honua o ka ‘ale
    Show your knowledge of surfing on the back of a wave.
    -Hawaiian Surfing Proverb

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS