ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hanging with a W?

For those out there who freeride on a board with a W. I've had my Killy for a month now and starting to rely more on the W instead of hanging but still taking a bit of time to get use to. Do you guys with W's on your boards still hang or can you effectively rely on the W during toesides?
    Landyachtz Longboard - Bear Trucks - Hawgs Wheels - Riptide Bushing - SkateThe604

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hanging with a W?

I'm on a LY Switchblade, there is no W where my feet go when freeriding, therefore I cannot use it when sliding...

Post Thanks / Like

I still hang my toes off the edges while doing toesides. Even when I'm just carving out a hill i don't get that locked in feel from my W. It might just be my crappy jessup grip tape though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knapperr View Post
    They are just going to change the graphic like that? Doesn't the original graphic have a deep meaning to it?
    Arbor Pin GT - Gullwing Stalkers - Orangatang 4 Prez
    Landyachtz Drop Speed - Caliber 50's - Abec 11 Freerides

Post Thanks / Like

I don't hang at all when freeriding. Hanging is a good method to learn slides, after that hanging just gets in the way.

On my Salt Flat I have some w in the middle-rear of the board and use it for toeside predrifts.
    Go play skateboards

Skate the 505

I like to play Photography!

http://garrettgoecknerifdm.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyCrackers View Post
    Has lazer eyes, we're ****ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cprackup View Post
    I still hang my toes off the edges while doing toesides. Even when I'm just carving out a hill i don't get that locked in feel from my W. It might just be my crappy jessup grip tape though.
    maybe its cause the drop speed has 0 W at all, camber, and is skinny as ****
    Rotule brainwash (topmounted)
    50 Cals

Grease hammer
    176mm Surf Rodz RKP's 45*

Wheels: 81a Classic Zigs, baluts, slide b's, 78a cannibals

Post Thanks / Like

IMO hanging you feet off is only good when learning because you don't know how to properly distribute your weight. I always put w concave on my freeride board with duct tape inserts (if it doesnt already have it) to get that extra toeside leverage

Post Thanks / Like

I can slide fairly well, and I still hang my heels. I didn't hang my heels when i was starting out and that was a problem. I don't know what you guys are talking about with not hanging your heels.
    Never Summer Soldier, Randal 180mm 42's, Cults Deathrays, Reflex bushings, Loaded riser's, Gator griptape DH-Freeride
    Pulse Custom, IndyHybrid 215's, Venom Tweakers, riptide bushings, Khiro riser's, Vicious griptape Freeride
    Earthwing 34" drifter, Indy 169's, Sublime Powerslides, Reflex/Venom bushings, Khiro riser's, griptape Techslide-whatever else

Zealous| Array

Performance Longboarding
    LongboardSkater

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews View Post
    I can slide fairly well, and I still hang my heels. I didn't hang my heels when i was starting out and that was a problem. I don't know what you guys are talking about with not hanging your heels.
    It's true. Once you start going faster and your form improves it isn't necessary.

It makes switching from frontside and backslide slides unreliable if you move your feet around too much at higher speeeds.

Post Thanks / Like

For toeside predrifts I rely totally on the W, standies I tend to use more of the rail with my toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ds1441 View Post
    I think wheel is root cause of sliding.
    Because I have never seen a man can stand slide smoothly in slowly speed without Orangatang.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan567 View Post
    It's true. Once you start going faster and your form improves it isn't necessary.

It makes switching from frontside and backslide slides unreliable if you move your feet around too much at higher speeeds.
    You don't even a hang a touch? I put my feet in the middle of the concave and I go for a big standup they slide right off. And the board ends up behind me. and even with toeside i hang my toes off enough they can bend and grip the rail.
    Never Summer Soldier, Randal 180mm 42's, Cults Deathrays, Reflex bushings, Loaded riser's, Gator griptape DH-Freeride
    Pulse Custom, IndyHybrid 215's, Venom Tweakers, riptide bushings, Khiro riser's, Vicious griptape Freeride
    Earthwing 34" drifter, Indy 169's, Sublime Powerslides, Reflex/Venom bushings, Khiro riser's, griptape Techslide-whatever else

Zealous| Array

Performance Longboarding
    LongboardSkater

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews View Post
    You don't even a hang a touch? I put my feet in the middle of the concave and I go for a big standup they slide right off. And the board ends up behind me. and even with toeside i hang my toes off enough they can bend and grip the rail.
    The boards I use currently are slightly narrower than my foot (which is what I prefer). With my foot centered I have about a centimeter of my heel and toe over the edge of the board.

If I ride wider boards I like gas pedals.

Different strokes for different folks, I'm not saying hanging your foot is wrong. I just think it is a nuisance to move your feet around. Especially while going fast.

Post Thanks / Like

For DH I like myself some W.
    Freeride I don't use it at all for toesides, I don't necessarily "hang" my foot off but I do have it on the rail.
    Support Local

PerformanceLongboarding.com
    DrangLongboards.com
    ZealousLongboards.com

slutcityskating.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

For me, a guy with legit 5 size shoes, I don't so much hang my feet as just get my toe to where the concave on my supermodel really lockes me in. For toesides Im hangin about 1 cm if you want to go all metric system about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    User: *small misspelling or typo in sentence*
    Internet: RETARD!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS