ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kracked Skulls Scimitar One year Review

So I've had my KS Scimitar for a year now and love more every time I ride it. I started riding out of the blue at 34 a year ago. I never really rode much as a kid and didn't know anyone who even had a longboard.

I started out last October with a Landy Evo that I scored off Craigslist for $120. It's a great board and help me gain my confidence since it's so stable. But I live in a pretty flat area of town, so I started looking something with some flex that might liven up my day to day riding.

I bought the 46" Scimtar with some Gumballs on it. Man it was soooo different than the Evo. I loved it and rode the hell out of it. It really got me thinking about how much different boards felt so I kept my eye on craigslist all the time. Over the last last year I put together the following boards for either my son, my wife or my self.

Original Custom 45 of craigslist with s10s and Gumballs for $100 from some big ass dude who couldn't handle the hard carving. It a very cool board for carving down hills or Garages but the S10s stick out so for it kinda sucks for pushing, plus it sits like 4" high.

Flexdex L37 with RII180s and Otang In Heats for my son. I like it. It is heavy. The flex is saggy. A little to short for me to drop knee comfortably at 6'2". But it's a fun board and is bullet proof.

Original Apex 34 w/ S6 and white cambrias - Awesome little board. Fun as hell, but very limited if function. Very snappy feel. Too small for me to drop knee...Wish I would have got the 37. Cool board, but at $240, no a good investment for a "nitch" board. Won't ever sell it though.

Lengendary Merlin with Bennitt 4.3 Vectors and some Otang for Presidents.

My Orange Crush!

It's Beautiful and almost as fun as the Apex 34 but only cost $150ish. No flex, but the Bennitts are fun trucks. Everyone should have some Vectors in their quiver.

I put together a LDP deck, it's a a Kracked Skulls prototype called the Machete. Very cool, but very different. LDP isn't really my thing though. It does really shine on small hills. You can pump that sucker like crazy and generate enough of you own power to speed up on small hills that just gravity isn't enough to really be fun. So on small weak hill or weak garages it's really fun. Flats....nothing really special, never bombed any hills on it.

So back to the Scimitar. After trying all those others, it's now my go to board. Right now I have some Orange Freerides on it with some soft blue Khrio bushings (I weigh 190lbs). It carves and slides so damn good now compared to the stock bushing it blows my mind. If I would have just switched bushing right away I would have saved alot of $$. But I don't regret it at all. By me having a couple extra boards, I can think of at least 12 people who have bought boards after riding my boards.

Trying all the other boards really convinced me the Scimi is the right board for me.
    Kracked Skulls Longboards
    www.krackedskulls.com
    Use promo code "lucky" to get 5% off!

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Kracked Skulls Scimitar One year Review

hey man i just ordered my kracked skull im brand new to longboarding i got the
    Scimitar 46" bigzigg lemons the double glass Randal RII 180 trucks and the
    OUST Moc7 bearings i am 5'11 240lb so do u have any advice for me as a newbie ? any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whalen92 View Post
    hey man i just ordered my kracked skull im brand new to longboarding i got the
    Scimitar 46" bigzigg lemons the double glass Randal RII 180 trucks and the
    OUST Moc7 bearings i am 5'11 240lb so do u have any advice for me as a newbie ? any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated
    You probably could have done without the expensive bearings.
    Abec5s do just fine.
    (._. )<l ~ (._. )<l ~ (._. )<l ~ (._. )<l ~

Team Fish of L.A.

Kracked Skulls Discount Code: FISH

Krackedskulls.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I can TOTALLY see why those boards got beat by the scimitar. With the money you have spent I think you know what you want. The scimitar is a good board, but really I feel like it only fills the gap between intermediate and advanced. To me concave is important especially for free-riding and the scimitar does not have that. I ride my friends frequently and I do like it. Then again it would be REALLY fun with some 50deg trucks. Really though its awesome for the price I don't think you can really beat it. Especially when people start throwing expensive brand names in there like Clutch, Rayne, or Loaded. Seriously though I would totally recommend you throw down sometime on a different deck. Try a 9two5, FSM, Clutch (any), Nemesis, Legendary double drop, sayshun (I like my epiphany), or maybe just somthing that isn't flexdex fiberglass cause those boards feel SO dead compared to a juicy maple board with concave and a supple bounce. God I wanna go skate right now but its too late. Anyway I love the scimitar but I have been telling my friend to invest in something more suitable for him and his advancement. I swear I slide off the scimitar when I slide it sometimes. I kinda feel "locked in" but no where near as well as some other boards I have ridden. All I am saying is there are many other boards that you would seriously fall in love with and be super stoked. I don't wanna come off like "Go buy another board now" just if you ever have the chance I think you should mix it up. OR you can also build your own which is also quite an exciting journey. Lots of fun too.
    If you can't think about it just do it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Fish View Post
    You probably could have done without the expensive bearings.
    Abec5s do just fine.
    oh probly should of asked before i ordered that would have saved me some cash well mabey ill love em i just hope i can push past my whole block that me slideing on a board is gonna end in disaster

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh probly should of asked before i ordered that would have saved me some cash well mabey ill love em i just hope i can push past my whole block that me slideing on a board is gonna end in disaster
    No worries dude,you didn't know any better.Just remember to keep them clean and re-lube them instead of buying new bearings all the time,saves you a lot of money.

How to Clean Bearings

That guide really helped me when I first cleaned and re-lubed mine.
    Fear of death is fear of life

Quote Originally Posted by wardlarson View Post
    you can drink water from a coffee mug (even though its not a water setup) much in the way that you can roll down a hill on a flexy board (even though its not a dh setup). arguing otherwise is ******* meaningless and retarded.
    [19:38:09] urbs: we use pesos in canada
    [6:07 PM] urbs: im not an idoit
    [9:05 PM] Metalhead8290: game of telephone with drunk ADD children.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx man ill deffinatly go by that guid when cleaning my bearings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Scimitar so much. A 43" KS M1 was my first longboard ever and I still ride it to this day.

Btw, did your board ever bottom out on you while you were riding it? I'm getting a Scimitar soon but I think I'm going with the "double glass" option to make it a bit more stiffer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im getting mine tomarrow with hope and a prayer i wont miss the mail man again it's got dubble glass and im a big guy so ill let u know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey got my board piced it together couldnt realy ride because of the weather but i did test the flex i weight about 240 on a good day i got the dubble glass and the flex is perfect but i also went with the 46 inch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My board is on its way. Not sure when I'll be able to ride it because of the weather, but I will let you guys now when I do. Also excited to try out the pink powerballs... I've heard a lot of good things about them.
    Last edited by bender181989; 12-13-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah riding on my board is an awsome fealing im thinking about a smaller board for campus transport and to carry with me on trips but imma wait till i get a little better. could someone pls tell me y so many ppl hate original longboards is it just their truause the boacks or what cause the boards seem awsome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah riding on my board is an awsome fealing im thinking about a smaller board for campus transport and to carry with me on trips but imma wait till i get a little better. could someone pls tell me y so many ppl hate original longboards is it just their truause the boacks or what cause the boards seem awsome
    sry what i ment was could someone pls tell me y so many ppl hate original longboards is it just their trucks or what cause the boards and all look awsomei think id like to own one just for some variety in my rideing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so I got the board and the Randal trucks are amazing. I mean, I ordered Randals from KrackedSkulls before, but these have stock white bushings. I guess Randal must've updated their trucks? Either way, they seem soooooo much better.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS