ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default switch vs switchblade

As a lot of you know, the 2011 landyachtz lineup was released today.Landyachtz - Boards
    I have been interested in the Switch as a DH board for a while, but when i heard about the Switchblade a while back i thought i'd wait because people said that it'd be better. Well i was looking at the stats that landy posts and the Switch is just as good in all of the stats and better in some. So im wondering, just from prediction what is the difference between the two boards and which will be better?

I know that know one has ridden the Switchblade yet so its hard to tell, but just based off of predictions what do you think?
    Sugar Urethane
    https://www.facebook.com/SugarUrethane
    Incline Longboards
    Dubz Bikes and Boards

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: switch vs switchblade

The switch has always struck me as a wack board, 1.75" drop + 9.75 " width just gives me a sketchy feeling.
    I'd get the switchblade.

Post Thanks / Like

The switchblade almost seems like a shorter Demonseed to me..
    [10:01 PM] Rawdawg > Wells: max you're tne perdonsl meddsage u', m dtokrf upon compsered to youul
    [10:24 PM] CandyBoyLongboards: just tell him to go away or you'll take his pre-pubescent balls and nail them to a wall like the deer you raped last week.
    [4:05 PM] malakaikingston: EAT A eagleshark YOU SMUCH SUCKING VAGINA eagleshark eaglesharkING eagleshark

[12:14 PM] malakaikingston: eagleshark it I'm selling silverfish
    [12:14 PM] malakaikingston: MTV just started advertising

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JmcmanJ View Post
    The switchblade almost seems like a shorter Demonseed to me..
    cause it is.
    topmounted switchblade would be sweet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RodRod View Post
    nicknamed the kebbek "toby" right?
    Purple the Speed of Hustle. Team Broce. NOFuture skateboards. BangTown Media. Gullwing truck co.

Post Thanks / Like

The Switch is ok. The reason it's good for downhill is the drop. Not only does it give you stability, but the drop gives you less leverage making it harder to turn and the turns less responsive. This doesn't mean you can't carve, you get these real sturdy carves. Ride one and you'll know what I mean.
    "Look at me, I'm a wildman. I got a gun, under every arm. If you say something I don't like, I'll shoot ya!"

"If you choose the path you're on, you're going to end up where you're headed."

Post Thanks / Like

the switchblade looks better to me. my dropspeed is actually on its last leg and i was looking at the time machine or the switchblade to replace it. or i can always just stop buying boards but wheres the fun in that?
    hey, my post is up there^^
    ...perv

Post Thanks / Like

the switch is a very capable board, and thats why they didnt change it or discontinue it. its extremely easy to throw into slides and feels safe and secure for doing so. when you are beginning at sliding the switch is a godsend, but after some time you will want to move to something like the switch blade. Theres nothing wrong with the switch, just a little over exaggerated drop.
    "Ace is everything Independent used to be"

CW: Did you see your designs manifest in
    other companies trucks as well?
    Mr. Bennett: Independent and ACS were
    the first to cop.

-LBL - Rayne - LY - Gbomb - Insect - EW

Post Thanks / Like

Ok that makes sense, but what does the switchblade offer that the switch wouldn't? more turning capabilities?
    Sugar Urethane
    https://www.facebook.com/SugarUrethane
    Incline Longboards
    Dubz Bikes and Boards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jobryan View Post
    Ok that makes sense, but what does the switchblade offer that the switch wouldn't? more turning capabilities?
    less drop so ideally more leverage over trucks, but thats kinda negated by bring drop through. i cant really say though as i do not own a double dropped deck, i own a couple drop throughs and one drop, the switch.

i love the switch personally, i have bennett 6.0's on it and its the most fun board i have out of 8.
    "Ace is everything Independent used to be"

CW: Did you see your designs manifest in
    other companies trucks as well?
    Mr. Bennett: Independent and ACS were
    the first to cop.

-LBL - Rayne - LY - Gbomb - Insect - EW

Post Thanks / Like

switch has too much drop. i would topmount a switch blade.

Post Thanks / Like

the switchblade would have more height than the switch and it definitely would it you topmount it.

Now i have a question i hope someone can awenser i want to get a new board i like to carve and cruze preferably cruze whilst i carve haha so i was thinking the 925 but i like the switchblade to and i was wondering could i still bomb hills with the 925 cause it was made so it can slide easy would it be stable i will also be commuting i think the 925 but durability not sure about either of them i just want a second opinion THX.

Post Thanks / Like

the switchblade would have more height than the switch and it definitely would it you topmount it.

Now i have a question i hope someone can awenser i want to get a new board i like to carve and cruze preferably cruze whilst i carve haha so i was thinking the 925 but i like the switchblade to and i was wondering could i still bomb hills with the 925 cause it was made so it can slide easy would it be stable i will also be commuting i think the 925 but durability not sure about either of them i just want a second opinion THX.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cptfunboard View Post

You'll be fine either way, there both nice boards. And no the 925 won't be unstable or too drifty that's ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS