ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Woodstock Longboards Anyone tried them?

I'm looking at the 41" Woodstock Tune In Drop Deck 41 Inch Longboard Deck 2013
    Has anyone ever tried any of their boards? Or should I just spend the extra money and get a nicer board? I'm looking for a cruiser mainly that has enough room to dance, and would like some decent flex. I'm 5'10 and 185lbs. Thanks!

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Woodstock Longboards Anyone tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by tgarber42 View Post
    Has anyone ever tried any of their boards? Or should I just spend the extra money and get a nicer board? I'm looking for a cruiser mainly that has enough room to dance, and would like some decent flex. I'm 5'10 and 185lbs. Thanks!
    I have a woodstock free lovin... It has flex but not too much and it's a great cruising board

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I just ordered it! It's my first board but I have ridden a few others. I could probably do a short review or something when it comes in since there's nothing out there about woodstock boards

Silverfish Supporting Vendor Fresh Fish Wiredsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I just ordered it! It's my first board but I have ridden a few others. I could probably do a short review or something when it comes in since there's nothing out there about woodstock boards
    Hi tgarber,

We would be stoked to hear what you think. How is the Tune In treating you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the previous poster notes, there is no info on Woodstock boards out there. I ordered blind because it was a bargain.

I got the Free Lovin, which I think of as the poor man's Dervish. It's 5 thin plies of maple with 2 thick plies of bamboo on the top and bottom. Pre-gripped with clear tape, which was applied badly (LOT of bubbles). Cambered and flexy.

Really good cruiser, great carves. Definitely not a downhill ride.

Their custom complete builder has a lot of good component options; I chose Paris trucks and Woodstock Bongs. The wheels are awful and I don't recommend them to anyone for any purpose. Slowest wheel I've ever used, been skating off and on since the 80s. Swapped them for Volante Serratas and life is good.

Silverfish Supporting Vendor Fresh Fish Wiredsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

You don't want the Tune In as a Cruiser/Dance board. It has a substantial drop deck and is 9 ply Canadian Maple, which brings it in on the stiffer side of things. Consider the Woodstock Free Lovin' for your style.

Stoked!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally broke this board. I rode it for a little over a year practically nonstop with milk surfers and paris trucks. I loved it. Had enough room to dance, the drop and concave worked perfect for slides. I definitely recommend upgrading the wheels, like the other poster said, they are terrible. I actually ended up loving the stiffness of it. I have now upgraded to a Panthon Logos and love everything about it. But I do miss the comfortability of the drop deck.

Its an awesome beginner deck and is good for getting comfy at high speeds and being able to lock your feet in the drops makes learning slides easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS