ADVERTISEMENT

Addicted Cruiser superduperfritzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sector 9 butterballs vs Abec 11 Flashbacks

I've been searching all over silverfish for these two wheels compared and couldnt find anything. Both wheels being 70mm and lets say 81a. Which ones better for;
    1) Slides
    2)Downhill
    3)Cruising
    4)Durability (which one lasts longer)
    5)Anything else you would like to mention

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sector 9 butterballs vs Abec 11 Flashbacks

They both slide well. But the abec11 flashbacks IMO in all aspects you mentioned. They both don't last very long but the flashback's slides are much smoother. I feel like the butterballs are too slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flashbacks.
    Abec 11
    Buzzed Precision Trucks
    Black Diamond Sports
    Riot Boardsports
    RipTide

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably getting some Butterballs in the next few days, but for the time being I will also say Flashbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gato7 View Post
    Not using the search function regularly can lead to severe negative reputation. Talk to your doctor before using the "New thread" function. Misuse can result in, but is not limited to, severe road rash, being dissed by the community, and accumulating gratuitous amounts of neg rep.
    If you cannot afford your prescription, talk to your local boarders on how to get some steez.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfaces View Post
    this thread is like going to compton in a kkk uniform and then asking for everyone's fried chicken recipes

Addicted Cruiser superduperfritzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about the abec 11 freerides? Are they better then the baluts for freeride and downhill. Im guessing the abec 11's are better at freeride since it has freeride in its name...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superduperfritzy View Post
    how about the abec 11 freerides? Are they better then the baluts for freeride and downhill. Im guessing the abec 11's are better at freeride since it has freeride in its name...
    haha I haven't been on Balut's, but I hate all of the O'tangs I have been on. Even though the Balut's have a different thane from past O'tangs, I would still get Abec11 Classic thane, and the Balut's are having core separation problems.
    Not using the search function regularly can lead to severe negative reputation. Talk to your doctor before using the "New thread" function. Misuse can result in, but is not limited to, severe road rash, being dissed by the community, and accumulating gratuitous amounts of neg rep.
    If you cannot afford your prescription, talk to your local boarders on how to get some steez.
    this thread is like going to compton in a kkk uniform and then asking for everyone's fried chicken recipes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly not too impressed with my butterballs. I got them expecting them to be super buttery, but they sounds almost as bad as my 86a durians. The slide isn't bad, but the wheels are just not what I expected. The time I spent on flashbacks was much more enjoyable and either way you're only spending $35 bucks...cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Longboard207 View Post
    Honestly not too impressed with my butterballs. I got them expecting them to be super buttery, but they sounds almost as bad as my 86a durians. The slide isn't bad, but the wheels are just not what I expected. The time I spent on flashbacks was much more enjoyable and either way you're only spending $35 bucks...cheers
    You don't get chatter on the Butterballs, do you?? I might be getting a pair for my birthday (Wednesday) and I'm hoping them to be at least somewhat controllable, buttery, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk what that guy is talking about. butterballs don't chatter at all. buttery smooth slides, and good wear patterns unless you have terrible technique. 78a flashbacks are nice and buttery, however once they get a little smaller they start to make goose honking sounds. 81a on the other hand, for me at least, were nice and smooth until they died. choice is up to you, both are great wheels
    Skate Club at Virginia Tech
    Current Quiver: Arbiter KT, Precision Caliber, WheelRZ, RipTide
    Cantellated Tesseract, Vecter, Baffle, Liam Morgan Pro Model, Barfight, Tesseract, Vandal, Archetype, Arbiter, Maven, Kanthaka, Chubby Unicorn, Tan Tien, Vugenhausen 35, Apex 40 DC, Apex 40 DD, Amazon, Rival, S9 Daisy, Grease Hammer, Mini Killswitch, Voodoo OG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RicheeKim View Post
    idk what that guy is talking about. butterballs don't chatter at all. buttery smooth slides, and good wear patterns unless you have terrible technique. 78a flashbacks are nice and buttery, however once they get a little smaller they start to make goose honking sounds. 81a on the other hand, for me at least, were nice and smooth until they died. choice is up to you, both are great wheels
    Could be the pavement, but my butterballs are certainly nothing like the cult classics I just cored (nearly silent)...Maybe got unlucky with the set, but they are literally about as loud as my durians. Regardless of the sound, they are very controllable

Addicted Cruiser LongboardAllDaTime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im getting both soon!

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS