ADVERTISEMENT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Concrete Kahuna ShredTheGnar101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why are people freeriding 92a No Skools?

Quote Originally Posted by jordanairsoft View Post
    Have you ever tried them? I had a set of 88a No Skools, Super fun for freeriding and such. They don't even feel like a hard wheel. They're pretty cheap aswell. Winners.
    Are they icy, compared to say a freeride or a flashback? I have 84a freerides, and theyre pretty icy. 88a sounds even worse.
    $$$$$$$$$$

U18 TINYCHAT RUDEBOY SQUAD

$$$$$$$$$$

9.5/10 NELSON SPINDRIFT, 60 shipped to your door! No trades, I need this thing gone!

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Is Best Username I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why are people freeriding 92a No Skools?

Everything in this thread gave me a headache.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. Now I really want to try this. I think they would be really dumb on my voodoo doll d2... 92a abec 11 thane just sounds so taboo for freehide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShredTheGnar101 View Post
    Are they icy, compared to say a freeride or a flashback? I have 84a freerides, and theyre pretty icy. 88a sounds even worse.
    No, They are predictable and slide well. The thing people commonly misinterpret is that Most wheels are different and sometimes you may have to change your riding style to accommodate a different set of wheels. Sure, at first it may feel odd but once you get the feel, you can shred on it. Don't limit yourselves to wheels that all feel similar, it's better to broaden your horizons

Personal Skate Blog: http://passthesteeze808.tumblr.com

Grease Hammer/ 9" Caliber 44's / These Wheels KRF stage 1
    Liqwood Longboards Kamikaze / Indy 169's /Trimmed KMFSU's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksaw87 View Post
    In the land of 98-100a (and harder) streetskate/park/techslide wheels, 92a is soft.
    In the land of 78-81a longboard/downhill/freeride wheels, 92a is hard.
    I'm sure Will remembers when 94a Noskoolz were the de-facto wheel for techsliding...92a isn't too far off from that.
    I love me some 90-92a wheels and often wonder why more companies don't make 'em like that. They're soft enough to cruise around on and not rattle your teeth out, yet they're hard enough to handle just about everything you can throw at 'em (like slappies, slides, fliptricks, etc.). Would they be my first choice for a dedicated freeride/slide wheel? Nope! For an all-around urban assault bomber, parking lot dance warrior, or old-school Tommy Guerrero street-styler, you can't go wrong with 92a. Personally, I've heard that 86, 88, and 92a Classic Urethane kinda sucks for everything, so I'd avoid it...But, like the OP, I too have seen several local yokels "freeriding" on hard-ish Noskoolz...including one guy who has 'em on a Bhangra and swears he'll never ride another wheel.
    I was also looking for a wheel that I could learn soft wheel slides on a double kick tech-slide deck at lower speeds. This is because probably like the op I am not skilled or brave enough for tech slides, but am riding a tech slide deck the wrong way... oh noo!!! LOL just kidding. Thanks for the answer the last thread I searched people were on somebody for wording it another way. "What is a softer techslide wheel?" answer... "oxymoron". I really just didnt want to rattle my teeth out on a hard wheel but wanted it to be icy enough for low speed soft wheel slides. Once again thanks for taking the time to post the answer. Ill try out the 92a no skoolz and see if they are a good middle of the road for the rough pavement im used to.

Addicted Cruiser masterochicken's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well atleast this thread was useful to someone else and he was kind enough to search and not start a new thread.
    SKATE TRASH!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS