ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85
  1. #1
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Can anyone please give me details about the upcoming freeride for noobs/minors at maryhill on the 19-20 0f May?

    Like where to sign up/ requirements and any extra info would be appreciated..


  2. ADVERTISEMENT


  3. #2
    Mawd Bawss Order of the 'Fish boarderaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Edmonton
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7902

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Teh googlez can!
    http://www.local124.com
    http://www.780longboarding.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute379
    Knowledge is a journey, not a trip to the Quickie Mart.
    [3:55 PM] urbs: jess i love to wiggle
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
    holy ****... interweb is serious business to this broad.

  4. #3
    Concrete Kahuna Rarrazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    2012 Noobs Freeride

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
    Teh googlez can!
    I bet you can't guess how I found that link!
    I need a new idea for a sig.

  5. #4
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
    Teh googlez can!

    No it cant. Ive looked everywhere. thanks bud.

    EDIT: Nevermind. Didnt see his link. sorry.

  6. #5
    Concrete Kahuna Rarrazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by LividJoy View Post
    No it cant. Ive looked everywhere. thanks bud.

    EDIT: Nevermind. Didnt see his link. sorry.
    Let me google that for you

    It was the second link
    I need a new idea for a sig.

  7. #6
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarrazz View Post
    2012 Noobs Freeride



    I bet you can't guess how I found that link!
    Any emails or contact info? Really all I need to know is their definition of "all skill levels" as in, do they teach you? My friend might go but he is not a downhiller.

  8. #7
    Addicted Cruiser thunderstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    vancouver, b.c.
    Age
    18
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by LividJoy View Post
    Any emails or contact info? Really all I need to know is their definition of "all skill levels" as in, do they teach you? My friend might go but he is not a downhiller.
    i think its that if you're comfortable going quick and can probably make it down safely, go for it. and if you dont think you can take advantage of the full hill, why would you pay $105 anyways?

  9. #8
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstorm View Post
    i think its that if you're comfortable going quick and can probably make it down safely, go for it. and if you dont think you can take advantage of the full hill, why would you pay $105 anyways?
    Oh, I was asking for my friend.. He wanted to know, I'm going. definitely. By the way, do you think a 52 degree truck can handle it? my 40 degrees are wearing out if I cant get new ones Im taking whatever I have.

    EDIT: Do you think he would be able to make it down without tucking?

  10. #9
    Concrete Kahuna Pacific's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles (Torrance)
    Age
    18
    Posts
    2,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2131

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by LividJoy View Post
    Oh, I was asking for my friend.. He wanted to know, I'm going. definitely. By the way, do you think a 52 degree truck can handle it? my 40 degrees are wearing out if I cant get new ones Im taking whatever I have.

    EDIT: Do you think he would be able to make it down without tucking?
    I don't think you're ready to go.
    If you're asking questions like this, chances are that you aren't ready.
    No, you don't have to tuck, it's freeride, not downhill.
    I assume you mean bear 852s, and yes people downhill/freeride on 50 degree trucks all the time.
    I say that you save the cash and buy some new bushings for your "worn out" trucks. Chances are the trucks are still fine, but the bushings may not be in great condition.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"

  11. #10
    Addicted Cruiser Hubbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NH
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    its not a "fast" hill, probably gonna be in the 40's if you tuck the whole thing.. a good tuck will get you going faster, no tuck and it will be high 20's low 30's maybe

  12. #11
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
    I don't think you're ready to go.
    If you're asking questions like this, chances are that you aren't ready.
    No, you don't have to tuck, it's freeride, not downhill.
    I assume you mean bear 852s, and yes people downhill/freeride on 50 degree trucks all the time.
    I say that you save the cash and buy some new bushings for your "worn out" trucks. Chances are the trucks are still fine, but the bushings may not be in great condition.
    My Venom Bushings are fine.. but my trucks are rusting... I didnt take very good care of them and yes, I do.. I'm just not used to using 852's for downhill. Ive always ridden 40 degrees..

  13. #12
    Addicted Cruiser thunderstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    vancouver, b.c.
    Age
    18
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by LividJoy View Post
    Oh, I was asking for my friend.. He wanted to know, I'm going. definitely. By the way, do you think a 52 degree truck can handle it? my 40 degrees are wearing out if I cant get new ones Im taking whatever I have.

    EDIT: Do you think he would be able to make it down without tucking?
    if your freind is comfortable going fast, even not in a tuck, im sure he would be fine. for truck angles, use whichever truck you feel more stable on.

    edit: a bit of rust is no big deal, if they work suck it up and ride em.

  14. #13
    Concrete Kahuna Pacific's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles (Torrance)
    Age
    18
    Posts
    2,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2131

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by LividJoy View Post
    My Venom Bushings are fine.. but my trucks are rusting... I didnt take very good care of them and yes, I do.. I'm just not used to using 852's for downhill. Ive always ridden 40 degrees..
    Alrighty then, yes, you will be fine with your bear 852s. So long as your comfortable freeriding at 30/35 or so.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"

  15. #14
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
    Alrighty then, yes, you will be fine with your bear 852s. So long as your comfortable freeriding at 30/35 or so.
    Ok then I should be fine. (Sometimes) when I ride 852's above 35, although some people disagree I believe that 852's have so much turnability compared to the 840's I over correct my turns and eat it... just gotta coleman to slow down

    Thanks Guys. All the help appreciated, now GO SKATE!

  16. #15
    Addicted Cruiser Hubbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NH
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by LividJoy View Post
    Ok then I should be fine. (Sometimes) when I ride 852's above 35, although some people disagree I believe that 852's have so much turnability compared to the 840's I over correct my turns and eat it... just gotta coleman to slow down

    Thanks Guys. All the help appreciated, now GO SKATE!
    could always swap out the baseplates

    and please dont coleman at maryhill, you're going to get alot of people hurt when you create a large pileup

  17. #16
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbell View Post
    could always swap out the baseplates

    and please dont coleman at maryhill, you're going to get alot of people hurt when you create a large pileup

    I was planning at staying in the back.. but alright I dont want to hurt people so I'll take your word for it man.

  18. #17
    Stoked! mellowlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    id say take him with you and have him be a spotter this year. he can get a feel for the speed that he's gonna be going and a feel for the hill.


    "Non riders (parents, significant others, ect.) who want to come to the hill will be put to work. This “work” generally involves sitting on a corner making sure he riders get up safely after a crash"

  19. #18
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by mellowlife View Post
    id say take him with you and have him be a spotter this year. he can get a feel for the speed that he's gonna be going and a feel for the hill.


    "Non riders (parents, significant others, ect.) who want to come to the hill will be put to work. This “work” generally involves sitting on a corner making sure he riders get up safely after a crash"
    Thats a GREAT IDEA. Ill talk to him about it.. Thanks Bro!

  20. #19
    Addicted Cruiser SlickTakedown2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Radford University
    Age
    24
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    627

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by LividJoy View Post
    Ok then I should be fine. (Sometimes) when I ride 852's above 35, although some people disagree I believe that 852's have so much turnability compared to the 840's I over correct my turns and eat it... just gotta coleman to slow down

    Thanks Guys. All the help appreciated, now GO SKATE!
    No one disagrees with that statement...its called truck geometry. Higher Angle, more turn.
    Please don't go to MH and get urself killed.
    Omen AirShip, Cronins, 95a Tall Riots, 96a WFB RipTide Pivot Tubes, Slip - 82a 327 These Grip - 76a Venom Cannibals, MAGIC Bearings

    Quote Originally Posted by snowboardchamp View Post
    Is that an evo with double upside-down sicktails on ronins?

    Mother of God...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhops2525 View Post
    But Ronins are more stable then a girl...

  21. #20
    Addicted Cruiser LividJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    17
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2223

    Default Re: Maryhill Noob Freeride Details.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickTakedown2 View Post
    No one disagrees with that statement...its called truck geometry. Higher Angle, more turn.
    Please don't go to MH and get urself killed.
    I hope not. I am experienced in downhill. I'm going to try to stay in the back (as in last person) so I have room for carving and sliding.. BUT if it doesnt work out, Ill just ride it out. I just like to have room for speed control.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT



OUR SPONSORS


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join Silverfish