ADVERTISEMENT

Thread: switch help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default switch help?

hey y'all,ive been into freeride since about christmas,and seeing as now most of my sliding seems to leave me in a 180,ive been ending up switch a lot recently.ive been counteracting this by just 180 hippy jumps,but than theres the problem of having a maestro:its really arkward to ride backwards. i cant afford another board,so a symetrical twin tip's out of the question.so my question is,how can i learn to ride switch? any advice is very welcome

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Moderator Capo di Tutti Posto BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: switch help?

You can learn to ride switch by practicing.

There's no magical or special trick to learning to ride switch.
    You do it the same way you first started to learn how to skate in your current stance.
    My Fleet: Loaded: Dervish, Dancer, Fattail, Bhangra/Roggs Dancer/LBL: Komodo & OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis/Earthwing Thruster/Soda Factory Born to Hula/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AM wood 1/2 dance

Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: switch help?

That im beginning to realise :/ i used to be into aggressive blading,and i used to drop in backwards and stuff which i thought would make learning easier,but alas no ill keep practicing

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS