ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you jump onto curbs?

I was just wondering how people get their longboards onto slightly higher platforms like curbs and such.Cuz sometimes the time will call for it when you just need to get off the road or some similar situation.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do you jump onto curbs?

put back foot on back on end of board to create leverage to pop up front of board while moving front foot off board.

this will create one foot on the ground (front foot), while your back foot on the tail guides the board upwards so that you can reach down with your hand and catch the board. board in hand, hop up the curb and throw board back down, jump on top landing with feet in position. with enough practice and done effectively, you can move from the road to curb with minimal effort and loss of momentum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
    I was just wondering how people get their longboards onto slightly higher platforms like curbs and such.Cuz sometimes the time will call for it when you just need to get off the road or some similar situation.
    if you have a tail you can ollie, or do a manual combo(tail to nose). i cannot do ether of those though, but people better than me can
    WTS
    8.5/10 Tiffany. Slight ding on nose, stickered up bottom. $90
    9.8/10 Pagan flush. Super fun deck. gator grip. Rode twice. $95
    8.5/10 EWMM. no graphic. Offer up, and it better be a real good offer

RII 150mm, 852 Bears, 50 cals

Want: Kebbek RR, Hula

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the trick tip:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r0QJm51_Qk]YouTube - Challenge 9[/ame]

Call me a wimp, but when I ride dropthroughs, I don't like scraping up the bottom of the deck - I'll just flat-top over the curb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by surfdubs View Post
    put back foot on back on end of board to create leverage to pop up front of board while moving front foot off board.

this will create one foot on the ground (front foot), while your back foot on the tail guides the board upwards so that you can reach down with your hand and catch the board. board in hand, hop up the curb and throw board back down, jump on top landing with feet in position. with enough practice and done effectively, you can move from the road to curb with minimal effort and loss of momentum.
    lolol nerdiest description of a bonless ive ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by enemy combatant View Post
    You obviously are oblivious, but you are in fact embarrassing yourself with rhetoric like that. No one with any taste or education takes any of that post-modernist BS seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by animal chin View Post
    -just in- ...longboarding is now called skateboarding, and the term "shortboarding", and "kickflippers" does not exist anymore, that is also called skateboarding.
    [21:23:59] luftywaffles: alright i'm getting on fc
    [21:24:00] luftywaffles: later folks

Post Thanks / Like

I like to 180 no comply like this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlqbCLoJYWA]YouTube - How to no comply 180[/ame] except instead of kicking the board toward my crotch(which is difficult with a longer board and makes me nervous seeing as how i do have balls and plan on someday having children) i like to kick it to my right(regular) and land on it safely atop the curb.
    Metro Wheels
    Riptide Bushings

Post Thanks / Like

This is probably the best instructional i've seen to jumping onto curbs.
    Imageshack - jump.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik24 View Post
    I had my appendix taken out a few years ago, and it was the worst decision I have ever made. And as a result of my weakness, I can no longer eat my favorite flavors of rocks: igneous and sedimentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavedwave View Post
    hey my dog keeps dragging its ass on the carpet and these long strings of hemmorhoids are coming out and dangling like bloody xmas tree ornaments, plus there are now sores all around its anus and now they're infected and festering and popping with blood and pus --- can Earthwing fix my dog's anus?

Post Thanks / Like

Skate next to the curb, and kickflip onto it. It'll take some pratice though. Or you can always tiger claw onto the curb.

I must advise you though. This is usally done at low speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS