ADVERTISEMENT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107
  1. #41
    Banned Concrete Kahuna Slap Da Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WMU
    Posts
    2,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GbombFroniewski View Post
    Rule #1 should be SEARCH. SEARCH. SEARCH!
    I feel the reason a lot of fishies don't use the search function is because there's no thread congratulating them on doing it.


  2. ADVERTISEMENT


  3. #42
    Longskateaholic Dry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    EXACTLY like bookworm said, THERE IS NO BEST ANYTHING so I don't see the need for 6,000,000 threads on what the best sliding wheels are. Truth is some are better than others (Not to state the obvious of course) but you could pop that question in the search bar and I'm sure your answer would be better than what you would get from posting a thread. Plus, just scrolling down the page theres probably at least one thread on wheels already so finding an answer is easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewToLongboarding View Post
    it doesn't perform speed checks and slides like the apex and dervish.
    Jet Raptor
    Plasma Precision Trucks
    Abec 11 Gumballs

    Rayne Demonseed
    Paris 195
    Freerides

  4. #43
    Longskateaholic jameystebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    weston ct
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    do you want to ride windy mountains or straight-line freeriding stuff
    which would need gripy wheels?
    longboard in the summer, snowboard in the winter; life in-between

  5. #44
    Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Trufax, Bro
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    862

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Quote Originally Posted by jameystebs View Post
    which would need gripy wheels?
    u dumb bro?
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

  6. #45
    Longskateaholic jameystebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    weston ct
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    well if u were going around corners, wouldnt you want a wheel that could slide so u could slow down?

    im no dumb, ima noob
    longboard in the summer, snowboard in the winter; life in-between

  7. #46
    Concrete Kahuna J B Scribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3812

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Quote Originally Posted by jameystebs View Post
    well if u were going around corners, wouldnt you want a wheel that could slide so u could slow down?

    im no dumb, ima noob
    Grippy wheels slide to dudebro.
    SODA FACTORY/OJOOM

    No Coast

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Spend time outside of comfort-zone, but well within limit.

  8. #47
    Fresh Fish pindapowpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Why don't you make this the silverfish home page. that would make everyone understand what to do.

    ...nice post...

  9. #48
    Stoked! Eggwanman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    ouuuuuuuch! i just sooo committed number 8! terribly sorry. first time posting on silverfish, thought i was actually doing help by posting individually in the threads noted, if anything i felt like it would be bad to post about more than one topic in one thread! hahah how embarrassing. thought this was directed at me when i started reading it, but then noticed the date. i see i am not alone!

  10. #49
    Stoked! new2LB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    how do you ask questions on silverfish?

  11. #50
    Stoked! telltheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales
    Age
    17
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Ok, I know I'm new but bare with me. Not all of these rules make complete sense, I agree with rules one, two, six, seven and eight. However rule three four and five are debatable. In rule three you say not to contradict your self, however taking into consideration the example referring to the wheels it would be understandable to ask for a wheel that both grips and slides well, if you did you wouldn't end up with a wheel designed for tech sliding or the like. in rule four you state not to ask for everything which makes sense, but at the same time, some boards are very discipline specific, while others are suitable for more than one discipline. similarly in rule five you say that speed is down to the rider alone and i agree, but at the same time no one would take a board with flex to a DH race.

    sorry if I sound like a dick, but those are my opinions

  12. #51
    Stoked! Mitchelljbridges101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    well guys a eight year old guy has put bad rep on me because i disagreed with his stupid post! Do you hate being called a skateboarder pot! could somebody give me a positive rep, if you do Ill give you one back! thanks

  13. #52
    Concrete Kahuna LANDYACHTZ4theWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bleaksburg, VA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    605

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchelljbridges101 View Post
    well guys a eight year old guy has put bad rep on me because i disagreed with his stupid post! Do you hate being called a skateboarder pot! could somebody give me a positive rep, if you do Ill give you one back! thanks
    1. this doesn't belong here.
    2. asking for rep gives you more neg rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by spezadams View Post
    because Alex (aka LYFTW) is the biggest troll on here.....

  14. #53
    Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    That Toddlin' Town
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9370

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Quote Originally Posted by telltheking View Post
    Ok, I know I'm new but bare with me. Not all of these rules make complete sense, I agree with rules one, two, six, seven and eight. However rule three four and five are debatable. In rule three you say not to contradict your self, however taking into consideration the example referring to the wheels it would be understandable to ask for a wheel that both grips and slides well, if you did you wouldn't end up with a wheel designed for tech sliding or the like. in rule four you state not to ask for everything which makes sense, but at the same time, some boards are very discipline specific, while others are suitable for more than one discipline. similarly in rule five you say that speed is down to the rider alone and i agree, but at the same time no one would take a board with flex to a DH race.
    sorry if I sound like a dick, but those are my opinions
    You're entitled to your opinions.
    To try to clarify the rules you have qualms with...

    You make a fair point about rule 3. It's fairly parallel to rule 4 in that you can't ask for a wheel that's good for everything.
    Bottom line, it's about telling people to use common sense before the post and to realize they can't have an icy wheel that will be good at hairpin corners. Absolutely, a wheel can have both grip and slip (it's an appropriate thing to ask for), but overall that rule is meant to tell people just to think before a post.

    I don't understand your point about rule 4.
    Yes, some decks are discipline specfic while others are more multi faceted.
    The point was that riders realize there is no supreme board that can tackle it all...there are restrictions that must be acknowledged.
    Different boards with different setups excel at very different things.

    I think you missed the spirit of the question with number 5.
    Yes, it's more inherently sane to take a stiff deck to a dh race, but flexy decks can still be taken up to fast speeds and aren't incapable of it.
    The point of that rule was that having a certain piece of wood will not make you faster than the guy next to you with a slightly different piece of wood. When push comes to shove in a dh race, it's experience and skill that win.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchelljbridges101 View Post
    well guys a eight year old guy has put bad rep on me because i disagreed with his stupid post! Do you hate being called a skateboarder pot! could somebody give me a positive rep, if you do Ill give you one back! thanks
    1. If you're on this website for reputation, then you're on here for the wrong reasons.
    2. Learn as much as you can on here and don't forget, it's about having fun.
    3. You earn rep by posting positive and constructive comments in contribution to a thread
    4. Don't ask for rep...not classy (plus you need at least 50 or 100 posts, I forget which, AND positive reputation to give reputation to another user)
    5. Lastly, rep is simply green bars on the internet...means nothing in the real world. Being a good skater earns you real credibility.
    My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

    Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

  15. #54
    Stoked! JakeHealey900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without getting made fun of.

    Im a teen! No, i dont really know what im talking about but thats how you learn, it would be a pointless website if everybody on it knew everything. And some people need help with things.

  16. #55
    Stoked! RightHandKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Besides the obvious reason's for a kicktail (mauals, shovits ect.) is there any reasons to lean towards getting a board with a kicktail or without?
    I know it's possible to do those moves on boards without kicktails but how much easier is it with a kicktail?
    -Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.

  17. #56
    Concrete Kahuna LANDYACHTZ4theWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bleaksburg, VA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    605

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightHandKid View Post
    Besides the obvious reason's for a kicktail (mauals, shovits ect.) is there any reasons to lean towards getting a board with a kicktail or without?
    I know it's possible to do those moves on boards without kicktails but how much easier is it with a kicktail?
    The thread isn't called "Ask questions because you're a total noob," champ
    Quote Originally Posted by spezadams View Post
    because Alex (aka LYFTW) is the biggest troll on here.....

  18. #57
    Concrete Kahuna TylerHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jersey/New Rochelle, NY
    Age
    20
    Posts
    6,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4947

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    RightHandKid has been playing with his LeftHandFriend Jill far too much.
    SELLING UNCUT 2008 RAYNR AVENGER, PM ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    From information I've objectively gathered, I have come to the conclusion that TylerHill may or may not be Morgan Freeman. And as we all know, Morgan Freeman is god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Tyler wins silverfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Da Troll View Post
    This thread is worthless until TylerHill posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by braineaters View Post
    This Tyler kid is a bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombers View Post
    You've been Tyler Hill'd. Welcome to Silverfish. ;)

    [11:38 AM] malakaikingston: Today is a bag of eagleshark taped to a used tampon on fire

  19. #58
    Longskateaholic dirtybass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchelljbridges101 View Post
    well guys a eight year old guy has put bad rep on me because i disagreed with his stupid post! Do you hate being called a skateboarder pot! could somebody give me a positive rep, if you do Ill give you one back! thanks
    you can't give out rep if you are in the red zone. its a rule. plus you need at least 100 posts to be able to give out rep
    "A man without his longboard is a man without his soul."

  20. #59
    Stoked! telltheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales
    Age
    17
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    yeah... ok you right

  21. #60
    Stoked! telltheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Caerphilly, Wales
    Age
    17
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to ask questions on silverfish without looking like a total n00b.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreeFallHard View Post
    You're entitled to your opinions.
    To try to clarify the rules you have qualms with...

    You make a fair point about rule 3. It's fairly parallel to rule 4 in that you can't ask for a wheel that's good for everything.
    Bottom line, it's about telling people to use common sense before the post and to realize they can't have an icy wheel that will be good at hairpin corners. Absolutely, a wheel can have both grip and slip (it's an appropriate thing to ask for), but overall that rule is meant to tell people just to think before a post.

    I don't understand your point about rule 4.
    Yes, some decks are discipline specfic while others are more multi faceted.
    The point was that riders realize there is no supreme board that can tackle it all...there are restrictions that must be acknowledged.
    Different boards with different setups excel at very different things.

    I think you missed the spirit of the question with number 5.
    Yes, it's more inherently sane to take a stiff deck to a dh race, but flexy decks can still be taken up to fast speeds and aren't incapable of it.
    The point of that rule was that having a certain piece of wood will not make you faster than the guy next to you with a slightly different piece of wood. When push comes to shove in a dh race, it's experience and skill that win.




    1. If you're on this website for reputation, then you're on here for the wrong reasons.
    2. Learn as much as you can on here and don't forget, it's about having fun.
    3. You earn rep by posting positive and constructive comments in contribution to a thread
    4. Don't ask for rep...not classy (plus you need at least 50 or 100 posts, I forget which, AND positive reputation to give reputation to another user)
    5. Lastly, rep is simply green bars on the internet...means nothing in the real world. Being a good skater earns you real credibility.
    yeah... ok your right

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT



OUR SPONSORS


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join Silverfish