ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Landyachtz Pocket Knife. NEED HELP!!

Alright so I got a Pocket Knife way back because I love mini's and I love the style people show off when riding mini's but I eventually gave up because I realized that all the stuff they do is extremely difficult.

But today after coming back from South Beach Bomb I'm determined to try again..

Right now my Pocket knife is setup with
    Paris 150s (Thinking of changing to Randall 125's or maybe lower)
    Angled risers (dewedge)
    and for the wheels I don't really have any for it

I want to be able to slide on mini's but I find it difficult because of the amount of space I have to work with, can people give me setup advice as well as general advice for sliding on a mini?
    67. The brotherhood of it. Being able to stand at the top of a mountain with a complete stranger--white, black, republican, democrat, gay, straight, young, old, noob, pro, ANYONE--and having a bond that practically makes you family. That's what it's all about.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Landyachtz Pocket Knife. NEED HELP!!

Well, personally, I learned to slide on a mini. I find them so easy to slide because of their light weight. The pocket knife is a good choice. Go with 150mm trucks though. Smaller is too small. As for wheels, go with anything 65-70mm. Higher durometer wheels are easier to break into slides. Lower duro wheels need breaking it, but are smoother. I recommend cult classics.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"

Concrete Kahuna InfinitysLimits's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd get some indy 169s and some slidy wheels like metro motions, micro motions, cult classics, or cult converters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by collazoch View Post
    My parents think im stupid for having 3 boards
    Ask your mom how many pairs of shoes she's got.
    Voyager Racing
    Ronin
    Venom

Post Thanks / Like

But coming from sliding on a 38" board I can't grasp how to slide on it.. I see a lot of people put their feet on the tail does that serve a purpose or is it just for looking cool lol?

btw I love the wheel selections. 2 recommendations for cult classics might get me the 80a's

EDIT: Any good videos you guys suggest me to watch so I can get an idea?
    Last edited by AwkwardTurtle69; 12-10-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: adding info
    67. The brotherhood of it. Being able to stand at the top of a mountain with a complete stranger--white, black, republican, democrat, gay, straight, young, old, noob, pro, ANYONE--and having a bond that practically makes you family. That's what it's all about.

Concrete Kahuna InfinitysLimits's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardTurtle69 View Post
    But coming from sliding on a 38" board I can't grasp how to slide on it.. I see a lot of people put their feet on the tail does that serve a purpose or is it just for looking cool lol?

btw I love the wheel selections. 2 recommendations for cult classics might get me the 80a's

EDIT: Any good videos you guys suggest me to watch so I can get an idea?
    Well the indys will help but i find it to be easier actually. It's kinda more foot hang and smaller and tighter rotations for me. It's just a feel you develop
    Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by collazoch View Post
    My parents think im stupid for having 3 boards
    Ask your mom how many pairs of shoes she's got.
    Voyager Racing
    Ronin
    Venom

Post Thanks / Like

My cousins and I made this entire video with 2 minis. And I personally just place my feet where they are comfortable.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardTurtle69 View Post
    I see a lot of people put their feet on the tail does that serve a purpose or is it just for looking cool lol?
    A shorter wheelbase and leverage behind the trucks is generally easier to slide.

Traditional kingpin trucks and smaller soft wheels work well together with minimal riser.
    Last edited by Brute379; 12-10-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Indys seem like a good Idea, I want it to be low to the ground.

I don't really want to run a whole bunch of risers..

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...tml?highlight= I believe this will help you. I should update it though, my thoughts have differed a little.

Also, here's a session of me on my pocket knife. I have it set up (at the time) with bear 852s, front wedged 7*, back dewedged 5*, venom 90a barrels/cones (too hard for me), Flashbacks.

It's too high with risers, kind of awkward to push. I want to throw some tkp on it, mostly indy 169s.
    The Bears are too wide, when I'm not paying attention to my pushing I tend to step on the front wheel.
    I need to throw smaller wheels on, probably an old set of de-coned 80a 4prez - they are begging to be on my mini. Definitely use wheels <70, more like 60-65mm
    It doesn't have any wheel wells, which I don't understand, everyone tends to have wheel bite issues with it. I'm planning on sanding some in when I get new trucks.

Don't skate to show off, skate for yourself, skate for stoke
    Bombsquad Agent Orange - Gunmetal 10" 46° - Cult Death Rays Experimenting with - 9.5" Hangers - 78a ZigZags
    Landyachtz Chinook – Indy Hybrid 215s – XT Wheels/Speed Vents
    Earthwing Supermodel – Indy 215s – Floaters

FOR SALE:
    NEW Sector 9 Nineballs 74mm 78a (Top Shelves) $25
    BRAND NEW OS Raceforms SOLD
    Metro Express 78a Orange $35
    83a In-heats $20
    Gunmetal 50* Baseplates $15
    Gunmetal 42* Baseplates $15

DUDEstyle - Extreme Sports Apparel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liveyourlife View Post
    http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...tml?highlight= I believe this will help you. I should update it though, my thoughts have differed a little.

Also, here's a session of me on my pocket knife. I have it set up (at the time) with bear 852s, front wedged 7*, back dewedged 5*, venom 90a barrels/cones (too hard for me), Flashbacks.

It's too high with risers, kind of awkward to push. I want to throw some tkp on it, mostly indy 169s.
    The Bears are too wide, when I'm not paying attention to my pushing I tend to step on the front wheel.
    I need to throw smaller wheels on, probably an old set of de-coned 80a 4prez - they are begging to be on my mini. Definitely use wheels <70, more like 60-65mm
    It doesn't have any wheel wells, which I don't understand, everyone tends to have wheel bite issues with it. I'm planning on sanding some in when I get new trucks.

Don't skate to show off, skate for yourself, skate for stoke
    I have a girlfriend.. But I think I love you..

Indys 169's are my next investment.
    I have some no name 60mm wheels I can shred on for a little bit.
    All joking aside.. Thank you for your response and Thank you to everyone who replied.
    /thread

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS