ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default STEALTH DIVISION (wefunk / edgetrak) - MACH1

STEALTH DIVISION - a collaboration of wefunk skateboards and Edgetrak, the world leader in military grade tracking technologies present:

MACH1 and GNARVIGATOR
    - worlds 1st fully integrated telemetry enabled rider information system for downhill skateboard racing.

Full press release: Stealth Division

PS: Sorry, I initially put the post in the wrong category. Haven´t been here in a while.
    wefunk® - spacetime bending machines
    composite design and lobotomy services
    www.facebook.com/wefunkSkateboards

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Concrete Kahuna Second Hand Stoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: STEALTH DIVISION (wefunk / edgetrak) - MACH1

So its kinda like the Indy race car of the skateboard world...it looks hella sick. Although a little to much jazz for me, but i can see how it would be useful. price for kicks and giggles?
    Romans 8:1-2
    I <3 Kazewind
    I <3 mini stoke

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci."
    In loving memory of
    Robin Williams

Moderator I Support The Fish
    Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutting edge as usual.
    [FL_RIDER_93] 8:29 pm:edit: { removed due to [FL_RIDER_93] homophobia )
    #[green] 1:38 am: its not like this is my first time with him
    [Arcadium] 4:34 pm: i really dont care about the extra half inch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, the board pictured above is like a concept car ... it has no price.
    we´re working on a light wood/composite production model (made in the USA) and a retrofitable Gnarvigator kit.

IMO the coolest feature of the Gnarvigator is its 3 axis accelerometer which can not only measure de- and acceleration but of course also g-forces and vibrations.
    it´s perfect to really test vibration dampening and shock absorbing properties of wheels and decks.
    eg. riding/testing different wheels on the same board and trucks or testing different decks on the same wheels.

but believe me when I say that its possibilities go way beyond gear nerdiness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wefunk View Post
    we´re working on a light wood/composite production model (made in the USA) and a retrofitable Gnarvigator kit.

IMO the coolest feature of the Gnarvigator is its 3 axis accelerometer which can not only measure de- and acceleration but of course also g-forces and vibrations.
    it´s perfect to really test vibration dampening and shock absorbing properties of wheels and decks.
    eg. riding/testing different wheels on the same board and trucks or testing different decks on the same wheels.

Could you put a figure on the production model (even if it is a realllly rough estimate) not interested in buying one, just interested in the price for shits and giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismt View Post
    I got up and was just amazed, i hit my head so hard, but it felt great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice, it would be great to have a tool like this so we can get some hard data on product vs. product testing besides just how it feels and reacts to the rider. So hypothetically you could measure the deceleration of the board as you slide so we can finally answer "what slides better"... mind blowing...
    so once this bird takes flight is the Gnarvigator going to be sold separately? If so maybe a universal mounting system would be in order so it could be attached to any deck.
    I <3 Kazewind
    I <3 mini stoke

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci."
    In loving memory of
    Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Will M: EURO 300+ in materials alone. Working a whole week on this including some of the nights. I wouldn´t sell the deck for less than 2k ... without the electronics and setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Stoke View Post
    very nice, it would be great to have a tool like this so we can get some hard data on product vs. product testing besides just how it feels and reacts to the rider. So hypothetically you could measure the deceleration of the board as you slide so we can finally answer "what slides better"... mind blowing...
    so once this bird takes flight is the Gnarvigator going to be sold separately? If so maybe a universal mounting system would be in order so it could be attached to any deck.
    Exactly, you could even verify and quantify when wheels slide jumpy or smooth.
    Yes, the Gnarvigator will also be sold seperately and will mount to any deck.

It also could trigger a time delayed emergency call when it detects that you crashed and pinpoint your position.
    We are just scratching on the surface of what will be possible once we start pairing it with smartphones and dedicated apps.
    My dream (and we´re closing in at the moment) is the virtual co-driver announcing your speed, turns, breakpoints etc. via bluetooth headset.
    Or augmented reality -- imagine a HUD superimposing the ideal line and your projected actual trajectory ...
    Endless possibilities ...
    (still a lot of programming to do)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't it be better to glue/suction cup the Gnarvigator to the bottom of a deck instead of mounting it on top of the board so it doesn't get in the way if you use it on topmounts where you keep your feet on the bolts.
    Also, a heads up display in a full face with your speed, where other racers are, and a map of the road your on would be amazing.
    Fear is the mind killer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FobioSTDLY View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to glue/suction cup the Gnarvigator to the bottom of a deck instead of mounting it on top of the board so it doesn't get in the way if you use it on topmounts where you keep your feet on the bolts.
    Also, a heads up display in a full face with your speed, where other racers are, and a map of the road your on would be amazing.
    hah ... I was a bit faster and already answered some of your questions. Time travel is a tricky business. =)

The Gnarvigator should be on top and on the rear. This position is the optimum for GPS reception.
    The GPS in combination with the accelerometer and the proprietary algorythms used by edgetrak allow a resolution and accuracy of position pinpointing you won´t believe!

Please remind, this is just the (operational) proto:

Name:  Mach1_2s.jpg
Views: 2412
Size:  83.1 KB
    Last edited by wefunk; 12-23-2011 at 11:58 AM.

What kind of person *are* you? Order of the 'Fish cawlin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely work. Nice to see new stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Will M: EURO 300+ in materials alone. Working a whole week on this including some of the nights. I wouldn´t sell the deck for less than 2k ... without the electronics and setup.

Exactly, you could even verify and quantify when wheels slide jumpy or smooth.
    Yes, the Gnarvigator will also be sold seperately and will mount to any deck.

It also could trigger a time delayed emergency call when it detects that you crashed and pinpoint your position.
    We are just scratching on the surface of what will be possible once we start pairing it with smartphones and dedicated apps.
    My dream (and we´re closing in at the moment) is the virtual co-driver announcing your speed, turns, breakpoints etc. via bluetooth headset.
    Or augmented reality -- imagine a HUD superimposing the ideal line and your projected actual trajectory ...
    Endless possibilities ...
    (still a lot of programming to do)
    wow this thing is intense, The price is staggering though. I would love to own one someday, but dropping 2k on a board minimum is a large investment. Will there be any sort of insurance or warranty to go along with that price tag? I imagine its already pretty sturdy but i would cry if i dropped 2k on a board and it got stolen/broken.
    I <3 Kazewind
    I <3 mini stoke

In loving memory of
    Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow this thing is intense, The price is staggering though. I would love to own one someday, but dropping 2k on a board minimum is a large investment. Will there be any sort of insurance or warranty to go along with that price tag? I imagine its already pretty sturdy but i would cry if i dropped 2k on a board and it got stolen/broken.
    AGAIN: THIS is a proto -- like a concept car. You can not buy it. Not for 2k.
    Will M asked for a ballpark figure for THIS deck.
    There will be an affordable wood/composite deck.
    The Gnarvigator will also be sold separately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AGAIN: THIS is a proto -- like a concept car. You can not buy it. Not for 2k.
    Will M asked for a ballpark figure for THIS deck.
    There will be an affordable wood/composite deck.
    The Gnarvigator will also be sold separately.
    Please read the thread again. Thank you.
    sorry, i assumed to much. No need to get short with me wefunk. I assumed the end price would be around your ballpark figure because i am no stranger to board building and in my experience ball parks tend to reflect actual prices by some margin. I did read the thread, you said it costs 300 Euro + to make and then stated you wouldnt sell the deck for no less then 2k without the goodies. Thats a huge mark up. I assumed you meant the whole production line as opposed to a single deck you made. So basically your ball park is a "sentimental price" on that one deck. I believe when Will M asked for a ball park price as did I we meant a ball park for the entire production line, not a single proto. I wouldnt get short with potential customers, its bad buisiness.
    my 2 cents.
    I <3 Kazewind
    I <3 mini stoke

In loving memory of
    Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, i assumed to much. No need to get short with me wefunk. I assumed the end price would be around your ballpark figure because i am no stranger to board building and in my experience ball parks tend to reflect actual prices by some margin. I did read the thread, you said it costs 300 Euro + to make and then stated you wouldnt sell the deck for no less then 2k without the goodies. Thats a huge mark up. I assumed you meant the whole production line as opposed to a single deck you made. So basically your ball park is a "sentimental price" on that one deck. I believe when Will M asked for a ball park price as did I we meant a ball park for the entire production line, not a single proto. I wouldnt get short with potential customers, its bad buisiness.
    my 2 cents.
    He wasn't getting short with you? This after some noob raged on you for being "rude" just last night.
    Chill out duder. He told you he wouldn't sell it. It's just skateboards on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cawlin View Post
    He wasn't getting short with you? This after some noob raged on you for being "rude" just last night.
    Chill out duder. He told you he wouldn't sell it. It's just skateboards on the internet.
    Its not my fault he cant answer a damn question straight. I dont give two shits about what a proto costs and how much he is or isnt selling it for. I am interested in the actual product. If he doesnt have a ball park for the production line, just say so. He should have kept it at "it has no price" instead of throwing out large numbers.

edit: and telling me to go read the thread is getting short and sounding like an asshole, It doesnt take to much time out of your schedule to write an intelligent response to a consumer question. His response made me like his product less because i now like wefunk a little less due to how they handle their customers.
    I <3 Kazewind
    I <3 mini stoke

In loving memory of
    Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry SHS, I didn´t mean to "get short" with you but to urge you to read the thread again.

I initially wrote
    Then I wrote
    EURO 300+ in materials alone
    . That is the COST of the raw materials alone.
    Not the cost of the deck.

No, 2k wouldn´t be a "sentimental" price but the price for 300 cost and 1.700 for 70+ hours work. (which is ridiculous btw.)

PS:
    we´re working on a light wood/composite production model
    means we´re working on it. It´s not ready.
    No, sorry I don´t have a price for it yet.

If you don´t give 2 "shits" about cost/pricing, please don´t ask and waste my time.
    Last edited by wefunk; 12-23-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry SHS, I didn´t mean to "get short" with you but to urge you to read the thread again.

I initially wrote

Then I wrote . That is the COST of the raw materials alone.
    Not the cost of the deck.

No, 2k wouldn´t be a "sentimental" price but the price for 300 cost and 1.700 for 70+ hours work. (which is ridiculous btw.)
    No worries wefunk, moving on now.
    mind if i ask how you are forming the board and such plus some specs on concave, wheel base, ect.
    sorry if that info is in the link you posted, the print is small on my computer.
    I <3 Kazewind
    I <3 mini stoke

In loving memory of
    Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telling others to go read is rude? Oh golly. I do that daily in response to people asking questions.

GODDAMN NOOBS AND YOUR COMPLETE LACK OF USE OF THE MOTHERFUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!!!!!!!
    What are you listening to right now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not my fault he cant answer a damn question straight. I dont give two shits about .........

edit: and telling me to go read the thread is getting short and sounding like an asshole........

Seems like you'd be an authority on what assholes sound like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries wefunk, moving on now.
    mind if i ask how you are forming the board and such plus some specs on concave, wheel base, ect.
    sorry if that info is in the link you posted, the print is small on my computer.
    Yes, I mind. What happens when I tell you and you dont "give two shits"?
    Makes me feel bad so short before christmas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS