ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking The Burlington Scene

Last night I had the great honor and pleasure of skating with Marion Karr from the DownhillBillies, who made the trip up to Vermont. The Ridin High crew and Mr. Karr skated a good 4 hours all around Burlington from Pearl and lower Main, to the UVM S-turn and a seceret "bomb proof" garage (visit us to learn more!). All and all, it was a very eventful night that left us all with few great memories.
    For me personally, there was nothing greater than hearing Marion say, "Man, you guys really have it up here." With a free shuttle that brings you to the top every 15 minutes and free trail maps at Ridin High, skaters can pick and choose different lines down everytime. Marion will vouch for us, come and visit beautiful Burlington, stop by Ridin High on the corner of Battery and Pearl, and say that "Will Deming" sent you from Silverfish. We got plenty of kind locals who would love to show you around. (but stay away from kyle )
    Read/follow my blog - http://vermontsessions.tumblr.com/

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Burlington Scene

My family and I use to go to some mountain resort not too far from Burlington.
    Unfortunately it was before I was really into bombin hills and whatnot, but from what I can remember there were some pretty sweet hills up there.
    I gotta go up there again sometime.
    Team RAINBOW

Addicted Cruiser Marion Karr DHB's Avatar
    DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS Skatesville, North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
    Last night I had the great honor and pleasure of skating with Marion Karr from the DownhillBillies, who made the trip up to Vermont. The Ridin High crew and Mr. Karr skated a good 4 hours all around Burlington from Pearl and lower Main, to the UVM S-turn and a seceret "bomb proof" garage (visit us to learn more!). All and all, it was a very eventful night that left us all with few great memories.
    For me personally, there was nothing greater than hearing Marion say, "Man, you guys really have it up here." With a free shuttle that brings you to the top every 15 minutes and free trail maps at Ridin High, skaters can pick and choose different lines down everytime. Marion will vouch for us, come and visit beautiful Burlington, stop by Ridin High on the corner of Battery and Pearl, and say that "Will Deming" sent you from Silverfish. We got plenty of kind locals who would love to show you around. (but stay away from kyle )
    '

First, I want to thank the whole Burlington Crew that turned out last night for an epic session in their awesome town. Kyle, Will, John, and the rest of the crew showed this southern boy some serious hospitality and even more seriously fun skating. I have been driving my wife and daughter crazy still talking about it all day today. From the big long runs of Mt. Burlington, to the amazing parking deck, and the secret underground location, to the S Turns with all the gravel/dirt (Note to Self: Dude, don't follow the locals down every run full tilt without scouting it a bit first! Ha ha) the whole place is filled to the brim with super stoked filled runs.

John at Ridin High Skateboard Shop knows how to get a scene going and everyone we met, including the street skater that I brow beat into riding my Bozi GS 36, were cool people. The vibe is amazing and it reminds me of the DHB crew in their love and passion for bombing, slashing, carving, and killing every run they can find. John also has one of the best views of any skateshop I have ever been to in my life....this shop is freakin waterfront Lake Champlain! Unreal.

Burlington, VT is an awesome city too. Great food, friendly people, and postcard quality scenery made for an amazing but all too brief visit. My wife and I spent the day hanging out in the downtown area today before heading south to our destination this weekend The Farm Slalom race in Bethel CT/Vista, NY.

I spoke with John, Kyle, and Will, about them hosting some longboard jams there. Guys, this is a DESTINATION that all longboarders on the East Coast of the US and Canada have to hit. Seriously, this place rocks. As we were hitting the turns and bombing the hills in town people were on the street, hanging out, partying, and just having a great time.
    The police were cool and never harrassed us once. Anyone that has a longboard need to meet up with this bunch and go hit that city. You will seriously not regret it.

Thanks again fellas and ladies of Burlington...you are awesome and I can't wait to get back there to skate again...next time I am going to have one of my DH boards dialed in and with me and its going to be awesome. You all made my trip totally worth all the effort.

Prediction: Burlington, VT will become THE hottest longboarding scene on the East Coast in the next two years. To a mountain biker, Moab, Utah is one of those places that you just have to ride sometime in your mtn. biking life. After last night, I feel that way about Burlington. It's a MUST RIDE if you are longboarder.

PS: You don't have to stay away from Kyle...just don't follow his line too closely...That dude is SICK and I have the scrapes to prove it....! ha ha
    Marion Karr
    DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
    Sk8sville, North Carolina

Headblade Ultimate Headcare
    www.headblade.com

Lucky 13 Tattoo Studio
    www.luckythirteentattoo.com

Ninja Bearings
    www.skateabsolute.com

"Rise Today And Change The World"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sick im going to UVM in the fall!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where in burlington can u find sick DH. i live in NY and go to VT at least twice a year for a nice week long trip. where Mt. Burlington?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mookka
    sick im going to UVM in the fall!!!!!!
    I have a couple friends going there next year also, that means I'll have a place to stay when I go up there to skate. I also have another friend going to UBC (University of British Columbia) which will be sick if I can ever get out there
    Nick Chamberlain
    skate please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youll probably be seeing me more then you like starting next year, im probably going to plattsburgh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravityRider15 View Post
    where in burlington can u find sick DH. i live in NY and go to VT at least twice a year for a nice week long trip. where Mt. Burlington?
    they call it Mt. Burlington because Burlington is just one big hills with a ton of runs
    stop at ridin high and they'll show you around

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its a great run. Just take a car up to the top than ride down watever sidewalks/streets you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been meaning to get up there and ride with the ridin high crew for a while, sometime this fall before it snows ill make it up, definately sounds like something i dont wanna miss
    S9 supercruiser-Abec11 flashbacks-RII 180
    Rayne Pug-satori cali orange goo balls-RII 180s
    Loaded Oak Vanguard flex 5- RII 180-Abec11 Flashbacks
    Chicagolongboards "elanor", black crails, jimZ speed bushings-Retro lime BigZigs
    http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...r-new-logo.jpg
    http://www.wm.com/WM/Careers/images/WTI-logo.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loadedvg3 View Post
    Yeah its a great run. Just take a car up to the top than ride down watever sidewalks/streets you want.
    yeah im thinkin about goin up and doing that this weekend sounds like tons of fun. with my new hairpinn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah burlington, i'm going to make it over to ride this summer for sure.

Addicted Cruiser ConnLongboarder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure this is on my "to do" list. I went up last year but did not bring my board. (Sorry - it was an "anniversary thing" with my wife). I did see flyers for the Ridin' High shop and local runs - I was stoked.

The city is PRIME for riding. And add to the fact most pubs have THE best selection of Magic Hat on tap (That Single Chair Ale is awesome) - you simple cannot go wrong.

Take a break and visit the Magic Hat Brewary too - stellar time.

And to complete your incredible day - I highly reccomend some Gravy Fries at Nectors (unless one of you locals has a better place to get them). Insanely good!

Cool city, incredible vibe, lots of hills - and all around a great place to visit if you have never been...
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The streets have been winterized for months here; And I'm not up for snowboarding for multiple reasons now. Mainly $ and not having gear (with size 15 feet that's expensive). Plus I've been in Florida for the last 8-9yrs so i'm freezing my sack off.

I can't wait for the slightest thaw to get out an bomb Burrrlington.. Even when it's 20 degrees.
    I picked up some nice scrapes from this city last summer.

Don't forget folks.. Ridin' High is open on Saturdays;

Even in the winter!! I walk my dog past on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whispers View Post
    The streets have been winterized for months here; And I'm not up for snowboarding for multiple reasons now. Mainly $ and not having gear (with size 15 feet that's expensive). Plus I've been in Florida for the last 8-9yrs so i'm freezing my sack off.

I can't wait for the slightest thaw to get out an bomb Burrrlington.. Even when it's 20 degrees.
    I picked up some nice scrapes from this city last summer.

Don't forget folks.. Ridin' High is open on Saturdays;

Even in the winter!! I walk my dog past on a daily basis.
    streets are ready to ride now bruddah! I bombed maple st a few days ago, just watch out for salt and sand!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed all salt & sand today..

I did get to cruise Pearl street, Bank and College.. But didn't get too crazy as I don't have my helmet.

I went by RdnHgh and chilled w John for a bit and should have my helmet by next week. ;]

But we're supposed to getting 6-10" dumped on us tonight... =-/

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS