ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Longskateaholic GnarleyRider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats a good board for pools?

Does anyone know of a good board for pools? besides the traditional shortboard.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Whats a good board for pools?

Check out Gravity skateboards, they'll have what you need. SY33, PM35, , JP38, BE40 would all work. I would get the PM35 unless you're quite tall, 40" is alot to work in the park.
    NOLA LONGBOARDS.COM <--- Returning shortly! NO, REALLY!!!!

nolalongboards.blogspot.com

live to skate, skate or die.[/SIZE]

www.BCLongboards.com Addicted Cruiser Bryant@BCLongboards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Whats a good board for pools?

My custom BC Flounder.

35" x 9" with a 8" tail and small nose kick

all bamboo w/ added fiber on tail to prevent wear from scraping the asphalt.
    let me know what you think!

Work Hard. Be Smooth. Live Free. Ride BC!

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I'm rockin, NOLA Longboards 6ply/Fiberglass Slider

Alot of companies make larger boards as well. Check out Cold War skateboards, the eastbilt skateboards knox looks pretty good if you're on a budget too.
    NOLA LONGBOARDS.COM <--- Returning shortly! NO, REALLY!!!!

nolalongboards.blogspot.com

live to skate, skate or die.[/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

how wide is that? long?

Banned Longskateaholic GnarleyRider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That Flounder is sick!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of trying something with longer WB for mild transitions and just surfing mellow bowls. I am not great at it and just do LDP most of the time.

Any thoughts on this 39" x 9.5 from Soul Ryde? Its called "cube roots." It almost looks too nice to use for pool/park. I already have a real pool board but i don't ride it because it feels too stiff and too short.
    Are there any other long boards that are poolable >37" and at least 9.5" wide ?

I was also thinking of this little carver, but i am concerned about the stance. Anyone have thoughts on this 29 mini, but with the CX set up? I really dig the width and shape but not the length.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Subsonic Pulse Syndrome 42
    v2.0, Radikal trimmed Talons 147mm, Legendary Platypus forthcoming and Death Box "Adams" pool board 33" x 9.5" Indy 169s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopb View Post
    I was thinking of trying something with longer WB for mild transitions and just surfing mellow bowls. I am not great at it and just do LDP most of the time.

Any thoughts on this 39" x 9.5 from Soul Ryde? Its called "cube roots." It almost looks too nice to use for pool/park. I already have a real pool board but i don't ride it because it feels too stiff and too short.
    Are there any other long boards that are poolable >37" and at least 9.5" wide ?

I was also thinking of this little carver, but i am concerned about the stance. Anyone have thoughts on this 29 mini, but with the CX set up? I really dig the width and shape but not the length.
    Check out......Welcome to Bulldog Skates! Dogtown Skateboard Art: Bulldog Skates, founded by one of the original Lords of Dogtown - artist, skater and surfer Wes Humpston - manufactures new, super high-quality skateboards and products blending new school skateboard

Post Thanks / Like

angelopb- there are many boards that are <37 and 9.5 ish in width.

The longer Soul Ryde is probably a little too long, and the small
    carver, a little too small. Something with good concave in the 9 - 9.5
    inch wide X 32 - 34 inch range might suit better, but it is all personal
    opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. View Post
    This is what I'm rockin, NOLA Longboards 6ply/Fiberglass Slider

Alot of companies make larger boards as well. Check out Cold War skateboards, the eastbilt skateboards knox looks pretty good if you're on a budget too.
    Simply gorgeous.8)

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. I really am comfortable with pump geometry and wider WB than pool boards.
    I saw some pool kings that come close. But I really would like something like a light weight birch + glass set up with a little bit of flex. So I am, admittedly, more of a vert poser than a purist. Just want a surfish feel. The reason is that I do the LDP thing 98&#37; of the time. I took a few runs at the Tampa's infamous Bro Bowl with my 42" LDP board it and now I got the bug.

My theory is that a longer board with birch/glass or v-lam will hold its own against a 30-30" 11 ply maple, at least for what i can realistically do. I just want to pump and do mild stuff. I know i will prefer a WB of at least 19" and I want some flex/snap. I want a pump geometry, loose up front and stable in rear. Once you get used to this, its akward to go back. So whatever deck I try will be with the Carver CX, Indy/Core 169(plates expected today) or Bennett 6.0 front and either RT-S or 35* Randal 150 rear.

So its a departure from the ideal pool board and I may sound like an idiot, but that is what I want. I may just have to go the cutom route and have scott at subsonic do a Lowland 38. But i would like to hear from fellow SFers on their takes on a longboarder's pool board.

much appreciated. . .
    Last edited by angelopb; 05-22-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    v2.0, Radikal trimmed Talons 147mm, Legendary Platypus forthcoming and Death Box "Adams" pool board 33" x 9.5" Indy 169s

Post Thanks / Like

if your just starting out park skating there are literally 1000's of boards for it, and a lot of them will suite you just fine. i would start out with a standard shape, they are popular for a reason, and then expand from there. just dive in!

i ride an 8.5 antihero and really like it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopb View Post
    thanks. I really am comfortable with pump geometry and wider WB than pool boards.
    I saw some pool kings that come close. But I really would like something like a light weight birch + glass set up with a little bit of flex. So I am, admittedly, more of a vert poser than a purist. Just want a surfish feel. The reason is that I do the LDP thing 98% of the time. I took a few runs at the Tampa's infamous Bro Bowl with my 42" LDP board it and now I got the bug.

My theory is that a longer board with birch/glass or v-lam will hold its own against a 30-30" 11 ply maple, at least for what i can realistically do. I just want to pump and do mild stuff. I know i will prefer a WB of at least 19" and I want some flex/snap. I want a pump geometry, loose up front and stable in rear. Once you get used to this, its akward to go back. So whatever deck I try will be with the Carver CX, Indy/Core 169(plates expected today) or Bennett 6.0 front and either RT-S or 35* Randal 150 rear.

So its a departure from the ideal pool board and I may sound like an idiot, but that is what I want. I may just have to go the cutom route and have scott at subsonic do a Lowland 38. But i would like to hear from fellow SFers on their takes on a longboarder's pool board.

much appreciated. . .

BC Longboards can make you a custom build! We have lightweight construction with bamboo/fiber. Any size, shape, dimensions, trucks, wheels, and even graphics. Completely custom. Completely 1-of-a-kind! You tell us what you want, and we build it for you. NO extra charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a couple of thoughts:
    1. There is a really good chance that though you think you're just going to keep it mellow now, when you really get the bug you'll want a set up that will adapt. I have found bowl riding to be addicting.

2. From what you have been saying I think that Gravity really has some really good options for you. Their PS35 or PS36 are really good if you want to lean towards a more conventional deck. But the Carve 39 or Brad Edwards are good if you really want something longer. The Carve 39 has a tiny bit of flex and is noticably lighter then the Brad Edwards, I think they also make an ecotech version. I've had both and loved both.

The "bro bowl" looks sick, I have family there and am hoping to skate it one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought those cold war boards looked cool. THey seem to sell out quickly. I liked that ICBM one. I will take a look at the gravity stuff again. THe spoon noses won't work?

BTW I am really liking the core/indy 169 hybrid trucks. I just bought the plates with the 2.25" KPs. They seem really nice so far, and on a drop through. But They will be going on my new longboard pool board, whatever it ends up being.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've been eyeing that cold war icbm also, it looks like a sick board, though a little wide for me. . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lalit View Post
    Yeah I've been eyeing that cold war icbm also, it looks like a sick board, though a little wide for me. . .
    They seem sold out of everything. The dickeys tribute series look cool, but not as cool as the ICBM in olive green.

Gravity's special this week is a 35" diamond tail for $40. 5 ply maple with their eco tech whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked out SMA (Santa Monica Airlines)? They have composite boards which are pretty flexy and light and the line-up is very pool orientated. Just don't know if they have something in your required size right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Could i use a 30'' board with rocker for pool skating

walking on 4 wheels I Support The Fish
    Capo di Tutti Posto
    Post Thanks / Like

I will sing the praises of Deckcrafter and 5points....I love the Deckcrafter for more open stuff though lately I've been skating the 5points a bunch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS