ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thinking aboot hosting a race early spring/summer

its early to anouce so i wont... but already have been talking to sponsers 720 bc and am planing on talking to 303... i have some ins with the neighborhood hoa so might be able to have them qoute chaperon un qoute the race so i dont have to pay the city to shut this neighbor hood road off. in theory greatly reducing the risk for bust... seeing as i have known these guys all my life and known the hills i am thinking about using all my life too. not disclosing these locations yet but i will tell you one hill is 40+ with either a left turn at bottom or right...the other one is about 35 with a heavy right or heavy left...heavy meaning a must drift either way with the first turn being left before the heavy turns... so i know the bandit(me) has not gotten a good rep on this sight due to excessive trolling(so what i get drunk alot it happens) but am hoping for feed back from the deity people or person... u know who you are...or just the whole WELL practiced dh crews in colorado...all in all if this race doesnt go down i would like to show this epic hood of hills to some worthy riders so that i might have somepeople to ride with and get some tips on my recent board making... and please forgive the lengthyness and my unrelentless trolling. thanks skim

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: thinking aboot hosting a race early spring/summer

huh?
    10char
    Tactis Sk8 Shop
    Madrid Skateboards
    Ronin Trucks
    Timeship Racing
    Venom Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this sure was hard to understand... But there is NO way you will be able to host a race in your hardcore suburban neighborhood off dry creek and university.... Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Rouleau; 12-28-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    Madrid SkateboardsVenom Urethane ProductsMeta Skate

www.Metaskate.com
    www.Flickr.com/photos/justinrolo/

Colorado Downhill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rouleau View Post
    this sure was hard to understand... But there is NO way you will be able to host a race in your hardcore suburban neighborhood off dry creek and university.... Just my opinion.
    i respect you opian but you fail to see theheads of home owners assc. are my neighbors fand riends and would be a formable ally in keeping the cops at bay in short this hardcore suburban neighbor hood is covent controlled and the hoa being the well off older men they are would be better than a bunch of "kids" trying to hold a race hence them being present at time of race ... and by the way thanks justin for lack of knowing the power of my connections in this hood that i have lived in for longer than youve been alive.... honestly no offense

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, fair enough. Throw a race. I'll be there.
    Madrid SkateboardsVenom Urethane ProductsMeta Skate

www.Metaskate.com
    www.Flickr.com/photos/justinrolo/

Colorado Downhill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rouleau View Post
    Alright, fair enough. Throw a race. I'll be there.
    cool i hope it comes together.. next time try not to local the spot it is my hood and like i said i have ins so if this spot blows i will be the first to stop it personaly if need be i only want worhty riders on my hills... thats right worthy...for fear of unworthy riders creating anathor stupid look oot incindent..........MY hills and those who also live in this hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yea one more thing no matter what all the entry fees will go to a non profit which will later be announced

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're posting an event on an open forum, and want only "worthy" riders to show up. It's understandable that your runs are precious to you. But if you're going to throw an event, you can't just expect only good riders to show up.
    coloRADo Downhill | Kuya Longboards

http://www.kuyalongboards.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e.man View Post
    You're posting an event on an open forum, and want only "worthy" riders to show up. It's understandable that your runs are precious to you. But if you're going to throw an event, you can't just expect only good riders to show up.
    well anathor thing i must express if you dont have full leathers or atleast elbow knee helmet and glove pads u will most likely not be able to race...ps worthy does not mean good and i know from observation of other oot laws and this site whos worhty and whos not...wassup haters talk about de stokin just trying to help the comminty out..... but i do respect your feed back anything helps... really!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus man, that was quite a large one sentence paragraph.

Lock the details down and break it out: Time, location, prizes, race structure, and I'll be there.

but am hoping for feed back from the deity people or person... u know who you are...
    Sorry, I'm not professional like the "deity people" but theres my feedback anyway.

I don't mean to be a dick, but seriously if you want to toss the idea around with a certain team or certain group of people, just ask them directly. You can't just post an idea that doesn't have any details worked out yet on a public forum and only expect responses from a certain team and people "who know who they are" ya know what I mean?
    Last edited by amd0cer; 12-28-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skimmilbandit View Post
    oh yea one more thing no matter what all the entry fees will go to a non profit which will later be announced
    How about English as a 2nd language class. Learn to write above a 5th grade level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amd0cer View Post
    Jesus man, that was quite a large one sentence paragraph.

Lock the details down and break it out: Time, location, prizes, race structure, and I'll be there.

Sorry, I'm not professional like the "deity people" but theres my feedback anyway.

I don't mean to be a dick, but seriously if you want to toss the idea around with a certain team or certain group of people, just ask them directly. You can't just post an idea that doesn't have any details worked out yet on a public forum and only expect responses from a certain team and people "who know who they are" ya know what I mean?
    eh hmm can you answer a ? for me when is this race being thought of ...? and a nother one too please and this goes for every body is stoke negative cuz this is what i am being lead to beliave no matter what i write so far most the guys ceptin justin are not be stoked even slightly in fact it seems as if you guys want this race to not happen an idea is something being thought of ie not very many details sorry to be a ars but you have no idea what i was saying regardless of what u think

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
    How about English as a 2nd language class. Learn to write above a 5th grade level.
    hmmm. i think i found the first person to not come to the race in thinking sorry that your so worried about how little of an education i have and how little of tollerance you have go wear a white hood and robe i think that would be a better past time for you... all hail easydoesit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that everyone is more then willing to come and race, its just that your post may be a bit premature. If you have any sort of race in colorado people will more then likely show up, our last outlaws have had over 40 people at them. You should show up to the next one, I am sure joel would be more then happy to talk to you about a race.

Maybe you should use your connections and see if its possible before finding sponsors and telling everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ramseyb4 View Post
    I think that everyone is more then willing to come and race, its just that your post may be a bit premature. If you have any sort of race in colorado people will more then likely show up, our last outlaws have had over 40 people at them. You should show up to the next one, I am sure joel would be more then happy to talk to you about a race.

Maybe you should use your connections and see if its possible before finding sponsors and telling everyone.
    now where making sense thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you throw a race, I'll definitely be there! However, realize that if you only want "worthy" (quote/ un quote) riders, you shouldn't be posting this on a public forum; make it an invitational race. Please do understand that it's bad form to deny kids a chance to race because you deem them unworthy to ride this hill. Also, no matter how gnarly you think the hill is, it ought to be the kids decisions whether or not they're able to ride it. As far as padding goes, aside from a helmet and gloves, which ought to be mandatory, it should again be our discretion whether or not we put on more gear. That said, I'm stoked that you're considering hosting a race, and I hope to see it come to fruition. Let us all know what's going on as you put this together.

Also, as a side note, the amount of respect that you'll receive here is based on the way you represent yourself here. Trolling, poor attitudes, and poor spelling and grammar are sure ways to make people believe that you not only have no idea of what you're doing, but give us the impression that we'll have to deal with the same thing in person. I'm not saying this with the intention of mocking you, but please do consider the reality of it.

- Richard Chang
    /Deity Longboards/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwaf View Post
    If you throw a race, I'll definitely be there! However, realize that if you only want "worthy" (quote/ un quote) riders, you shouldn't be posting this on a public forum; make it an invitational race. Please do understand that it's bad form to deny kids a chance to race because you deem them unworthy to ride this hill. Also, no matter how gnarly you think the hill is, it ought to be the kids decisions whether or not they're able to ride it. As far as padding goes, aside from a helmet and gloves, which ought to be mandatory, it should again be our discretion whether or not we put on more gear. That said, I'm stoked that you're considering hosting a race, and I hope to see it come to fruition. Let us all know what's going on as you put this together.

Also, as a side note, the amount of respect that you'll receive here is based on the way you represent yourself here. Trolling, poor attitudes, and poor spelling and grammar are sure ways to make people believe that you not only have no idea of what you're doing, but give us the impression that we'll have to deal with the same thing in person. I'm not saying this with the intention of mocking you, but please do consider the reality of it.

- Richard Chang
    /Deity Longboards/
    your right in the fact that i have no idea what i am doing on this sight private forum.. dont know how to make one invitational race is most likley but rest assured that i am a easy person to get along with and i dont think any forum site is a good way to tell who a person truly is. thanks for your input and would like to learn how to make a private forum pm me if you do so please... and to you who judge my poor writing skills just remember that while most of you where at high school/ college graduation i was out longboarding GED IS THE GOOD ENOUGH DEGREE and its good enough for me! so yes i suck at typing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are freeboards aloud????
    Jati boards
    Venom bushings
    Seismic wheels
    Boardlife shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aahampshire View Post
    Are freeboards aloud????
    yes my apolageez only if they dont have foot straps and swivel wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, count me in.. whats the date on this badboy?
    Jati boards
    Venom bushings
    Seismic wheels
    Boardlife shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS