ADVERTISEMENT

Page 2 of 454 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I say everyone brings their own drinks (I'm just gonna have Gatorade).

As far as burgers, charcoal, etc...It doesn't matter that much who brings what. I can bring whatever...

And for the evening, if anyone wants to hit up that garage on Yamato, I'll probably be there with some buddies. We'll talk about it some more at the park I guess.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its cool with you guys I would like to stop by if I can free up some time. I'm going down to that area Thurs. till Sun.. I'm meeting up with some old friends down in the Keys. What type of skating are you guys doing? I pulled up a satalite photo and it looks like some down hill carving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drew: You can get non perishable things like charcoal, and chips.

Drummerstix (hey I play drums too): you can get hot dogs and their buns

I'll get burgers and their buns. I have a cooler or 2 for anyone to put their drinks in.

oldnstoked: Hell's yes you can come. We'll be carving and the like, maybe set up some slalom cones (does anyone have cones?)
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good man.

Hey you wouldn't happen to know (or know of) a girl named Leah Bloom up at UF would you? She's a former percussionist from my high school, I think she and this guy Tom Hagopian played w/ the percussion ensemble up there...

Do you do any giggin' up there in Gainesville...if so, what's the situation like? I do some down here, and that might have to be my job should I end up in Gainesville, haha.

Yeah someone should definitely bring some slalom stuff, I wanna try that for the first time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummerstix
    Sounds good man.

Hey you wouldn't happen to know (or know of) a girl named Leah Bloom up at UF would you? She's a former percussionist from my high school, I think she and this guy Tom Hagopian played w/ the percussion ensemble up there...

Do you do any giggin' up there in Gainesville...if so, what's the situation like? I do some down here, and that might have to be my job should I end up in Gainesville, haha.

Yeah someone should definitely bring some slalom stuff, I wanna try that for the first time...
    Can't say I know her. The only percussion I played for the school was as part of the jazz band ofr the last 2 years. A few places have small jazz groups on a regular basis, but the real thing is the thriving local scene. TONS of rock/indie/ska/other bands, shows nearly every night of the week. Thats all drumset stuff. As for percussion work, playing for one of the school ensembles is the only way to go, not much in terms of getting paid for anything.
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet deal, I like drum set gigs better...more fun most of the time, haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm definately down. I live like 5 miles away from vista so I'm definately in. If anyone wants to take a quick dip in the pool post session y'all are more than welcome. I've got a gargantuan cooler that I'll be bringing out as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too sure about the cooler, I think my friend Donny might have one--do you man? He posts on here sometimes. I might bring some stuff for a Low Country Boil to add some variety to the burgers and dogs. This is gonna be fun. I'll probably be up for hitting some garages after.

Oh, and I have no cones but wish I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you must have posted while I was writing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I guess your question's answered G.A. DAWG.

As far as the garages afterwards, anyone who wants to hit up the Yamato Rd. Garage (preferrably at night but it might be alright in the evening), I should be there that night with some more buddies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldnstoked
    If its cool with you guys I would like to stop by if I can free up some time. I'm going down to that area Thurs. till Sun.. I'm meeting up with some old friends down in the Keys. What type of skating are you guys doing? I pulled up a satalite photo and it looks like some down hill carving.
    Yeah, it's a great place to carve. There's a run on the backside that you have to hop a fence to get to thats a lot of fun. And to everyone else who might have trouble locating the place; my landmark is the massive cell tower. If you watch for the tower you can't miss it. Looking forward to it guys. I'll have still and video camera out there, anyone else want to take pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GA. DAWG
    Damn you must have posted while I was writing.
    haha, I'm stoked about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummerstix
    Haha, I guess your question's answered G.A. DAWG.

As far as the garages afterwards, anyone who wants to hit up the Yamato Rd. Garage (preferrably at night but it might be alright in the evening), I should be there that night with some more buddies.
    ahaha. I'll hit the deck w/ you after Vista. If y'all want to make a short drive, me and my friends will be skating decks in downtown West Palm all night. A lot of different decks and different grades. One deck is downhill the whole time and 7 stories high. Another has the things in highways that reflect all the way down the center so you can slalom them. All w/ no security. We also bomb the intracoastal bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyUGA
    I'll have still and video camera out there, anyone else want to take pictures?
    Sweet. I'll bring my digital camera too. You need to take the vid. cam. to the deck and get some garage footage also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll bring a still camera, and if I can find the damn battery charger in time, I'll charge up the video camera as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting very exciting! Hey GA DAWG and Donny, you think you can bring the paper goods (plates, napkins, etc) and condiments (ketchup, mustard, etc)?

Where exactly are these West Palm Garages? If it isnt too far i may want to check it out.
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude I'm gettin' pumped too! First real big session I've been to.

The garage I go to is right of 95 in Boca. Not far, maybe 35-45 minutes.

The West Palm garages are a bit further north...over an hour, but its not that bad. I've never been to any of them, but GA. DAWG seems to know them pretty well.

I won't be able to stay out toooo late, so I'll most likely end up staying at the Boca garage the whole time that evening/night, seeing as I live like 10 minutes away from there.

Addicted Cruiser The Green Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm definitely down for Vista, but probably won't make the garage session afterwards. There's still an outside chance though...

I'll bring some beer, chips, dip, at least one cooler (I can bring a second if necessary), and four lawn chairs.

I checked the place out on Google Earth. Looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile_High_Mark
    TGM, get some pics of the Highland with those sock monkeys.
    Here you go, Mark.

Taken at the Atlantic Beach park in Jacksonville when we went up to Kona a couple months ago. I got my bell rung pretty goddamn hard--frontside kickturning, lost my center of gravity, tried to run it out backwards, and stepped on my board with one foot while falling down the transition--straight to the back of the dome.

Luckily, my helmet saved me from a life of pureed food and drool cups. My head was more or less fine, but my neck snapped back so quickly and violently that my helmet slid forward during impact and smashed the crap out of the bridge of my nose. I'm kind of surprised that I didn't get some mild raccoon eyes out of the deal, but I sat out and smoked a cigarette while regaining my bearings. Posing Booger for pictures is how I entertained myself during the downtime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Pic
    This is getting very exciting! Hey GA DAWG and Donny, you think you can bring the paper goods (plates, napkins, etc) and condiments (ketchup, mustard, etc)?

Where exactly are these West Palm Garages? If it isnt too far i may want to check it out.
    We'll get some of that stuff, but we're also picking up stuff for a low country boil(potatoes, squash, onions, corn, andouille sausage, crawfish, shrimp, etc.)

As for the garages, West Palm is 50 minutes north of Lauderdale. It would take us about 30 minutes to get to the deck at Yamato and another 20 minutes to get to 8 to 10 decks. I'm being serious when I say that a couple decks in West Palm are insane!! Some are completely open to the city skyline--meaning you can bomb them from the roof and check out the skyline as you go down. Also, the Intracoastal bridge is like a run at Vista.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GA. DAWG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Pic

We'll get some of that stuff, but we're also picking up stuff for a low country boil(potatoes, squash, onions, corn, andouille sausage, crawfish, shrimp, etc.)

As for the garages, West Palm is 50 minutes north of Lauderdale. It would take us about 30 minutes to get to the deck at Yamato and another 20 minutes to get to 8 to 10 decks. I'm being serious when I say that a couple decks in West Palm are insane!! Some are completely open to the city skyline--meaning you can bomb them from the roof and check out the skyline as you go down. Also, the Intracoastal bridge is like a run at Vista.
    Sounds delicious and awesome (the boil and the garages...garages can be delicious too right?)
    Gainesvillains represent

Page 2 of 454 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS