ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 453 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow South Florida Skateboarders

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think it's about time to do this (and I'll be back in SoFla so....yeah)

The places are set: Vista View Park in Davie and the great, big, empty parking garage at 95 and Yamato Rd in Boca Raton.

The activites are set: skating and BBQ at Vista View. More skating at the Garage. Carving, slalom, sliding, whatever. Bring it all!

The date and time is SET: Saturday, May 13th at 1:30 PM. We'll meet at the pavilion by the bathrooms.
    Last edited by Sal Pic; 06-20-2006 at 05:27 AM. Reason: NEXT South Florida Skate Fiesta 6/24, 10 AM
    Gainesvillains represent

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I'm totally up for that.

I like the idea of it being on a Saturday...maybe one day we could do a BBQ in Vista View and then go up to the garage that night. Or just do each on a different date. Whatever's good for you or whoever else.

Yeah, the big garage is EMPTY on Saturday nights...that's the perfect time to hit it. I'd love to try some slalom (never done it before), so if anybody has cones they should bring them.

I can talk to some longboard buddies of mine who aren't on the 'Fish, and try to get a group together (probably to meet just at the garage) for one Saturday night. I'm done with AP's next week, so my motivation is gone, thus my school year is over, haha.

We should definitely schedule at least a few sessions in May and June. I'll be going outta town in the middle of June, so I'd like to get at least one big group to go skate the garage before then.

Let me know what Saturdays are good for you, and we can get on with the planning and stuff.

Sounds like it'll be pretty awesome!

4. 05-05-2006, 06:34 AM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, I'll PM those guys and let them know what's up. I'll be posting this on the gravity forums too because there are quite a few south florida skaters there.

I'm totally down for a once a month thing.
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I'm thinking this Saturday for the first ever SFSFSF.

Nothing is definite yet cause I'd like your imput. Let me know what you think, I'll PM those ither guys ASAP.
    Gainesvillains represent

7. 05-08-2006, 11:04 AM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vista during the day yeah. Probably around noon or 1 pm. I only posted on the gravity forums this morning so I dont know who's in. I'll have a few kids comin with me.
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to make it and bring LB with me. I won't be able to skate much, but I imagine he will want to. I'll bring the camera though and get a bunch of pics! Just PM me with a confirmed time and where we would meet at the park.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok people, What time do you want to do this? I'm thinking 1 or 2 because it will be less ungodly hot than at noon. Let me know so we can make this definite!
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good to me. I'm still not sure if I can make it, but I'll know hopefully by tonight. Any time in the afternoon is fine.

12. 05-09-2006, 04:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, bring pleanty of water! And sunblock (I say this as my back is still peeling from last monday's trip to the beach).

Ok so official time, 1:30 (a good compromose between 1 and 2 dont ya think?) I'll make changes to the first post.
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet deal...hey if either of you guys have some spare RII's and some decent wheels/bearings you'd be willing to part with, i'm in need of some set ups for my most recent deck (junky homemade)...so bring them if you have 'em and i'll bring money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no randals, but i have some old 81a fu manchus and reeeeeally old 65mm s9 wheels. I'll bring them along.
    Gainesvillains represent

16. 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM

Addicted Cruiser The Green Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishboner tipped me to this thread, as I'm a relatively recent transplant to Miami and don't really have a regular skate crew other than a buddy who I head up to Oelsner with when our schedules occasionally overlap.

I'd like to join you all for a session if that's alright. While I haven't cleared it with the (now sleeping) wife unit, I imagine I can get free Saturday if someone could give me directions on how to get to the pavilion bathrooms at Vista View from 75. I'll be coming from Kendall, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it all the way up to Boca. It'll depend on what kind of hall pass I can manage...

Edit-->I've PMed Sal twice to see if he'll add this to the first post, but he's ignored the first PM and the second has sat unread in his inbox for a month, so here we are...

If coming from 75, cross over the canal (left) at the large triangle. Then right at the next one, and left at the last one into the park.

We generally start off in the lower purple parking area and then make our way over to the back hills (and other parking area) after everyone has arrived...
    Last edited by The Green Monkey; 10-20-2006 at 02:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you can come. Here are directions via longboardmaps.com:

Vista View Park 4001 SW 142nd Ave., Davie 33330, 954-370-3750 (Check any map engine for directions), but basically, you have to go West on I595, south on 136th Ave, west on 14th St/Indian Trace, south on Shotgun Rd, keep going all the way untio it turns east than, go north on Boy Scout Rd the park, (it's a small mount on your left side)
    Gainesvillains represent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's coming from I-75 in Kendal. Just take I-75 north to Griffin Road. When you exit that, head east (you will see the large hill from the former trash dump on your left when you get off I-75) The secret is, you have to get across to Orange Drive, which is the road parallel to you, but has a canal separating it.

Take Griffin east and just before Flamingo Road, there is a access road with a bridge over the canal that goes to Orange Drive. Take that and head back west on Orange Drive and you will see the entrance on your right.

Addicted Cruiser The Green Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McPhenius
    Take Griffin east and just before Flamingo Road, there is a access road with a bridge over the canal that goes to Orange Drive. Take that and head back west on Orange Drive and you will see the entrance on your right.
    North or south onto the access road?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Monkey
    You can only turn left (north). It's not even an access road really. It's a small bridge that goes across the canal to get to Orange Drive. You will see the park when you get off I75 at Griffin. It used to be a large trash dump, so it's the only large hill to your left as you go eastbound. You just can't cross over the canal until you head east about a mile or two. Then you just got to double back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there. I'll try to make it around 2:00--going to hit the beach before. Are we going to hit that deck afterwards? I know some really good ones in West Palm also(around 10 different parking decks). I'll bring some food, beer, whatever else--guessing we need charcoal?

McPhenius, Were those pictures of your kids in Concrete Wave? Just remember seeing that pic that's in the mag. as your avatar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Monkey
    Do all that he said above, but the entrance is hard to see from the access road. You will pass a neighborhood called Imagination Farms going west on the access road. After that go down and take a right on Boy Scout Dr.--entrance to Vista is the 1st left.

If anybody is going west on 595 like me(people taking 95 south or north), I've found it's quicker to get off on Flamingo and take it south to Griffin instead of getting on 75 and going south to Griffin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah...I forgot about the food part. Who wants to bring what? We'll do burgers and dogs I guess, chips, drinks of all kinds.
    Gainesvillains represent

25. 05-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Embrace Danger. Shinobo Sukebo Mile_High_Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TGM, get some pics of the Highland with those sock monkeys.

27. 05-10-2006, 11:24 AM

28. 05-10-2006, 01:06 PM

Page 1 of 453 123451151101 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS