ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default making Children's butt board

Want to make some butt boards for my kids. First will be for a five year old. Curious what the best setup would be. Where should the butt sit in relation to the front truck underneath it and where should the rear truck sit in relation to the head or shoulders? Assume the ankles should rest on the front edge of the board and the rear should end around the neck. Probably run some randal 160's at 50 degrees and flipped in the rear? Narrow the thing overall? Thanks for any input.
    BTW
    She's currently stoked butt bombing on Mom's 42" S9 Sunset w/ monster hawgs

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: making Children's butt board

I used to use a pool board when I was young. Maybe Randal's with some S9 RF's.
    Cann0n
    _________
    the duval crew
    the ian tilmann foundation | northeast florida skateboarding alliance
    ground force olympians | phantom garage assassins | keystone heights danger riders
    duval wheels | roggs | bombsquad
    riptide bushings | caliber trucks | rey trucks
    sporting-sail | light-riser | south butt slide pucks
    pistol pete productions | lyfe headwear | g7

silverfish wiki

Quote Originally Posted by skatethesprings View Post
    helmets are great, but they don't "save your life"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cann0n View Post
    I used to use a pool board when I was young. Maybe Randal's with some S9 RF's.
    I do like RF's and their cheap, but what is a pool board?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Board Rider 1975 View Post
    Want to make some butt boards for my kids. First will be for a five year old. Curious what the best setup would be. Where should the butt sit in relation to the front truck underneath it and where should the rear truck sit in relation to the head or shoulders? Assume the ankles should rest on the front edge of the board and the rear should end around the neck. Probably run some randal 160's at 50 degrees and flipped in the rear? Narrow the thing overall? Thanks for any input.
    BTW
    She's currently stoked butt bombing on Mom's 42" S9 Sunset w/ monster hawgs
    Well you might want to build a board differently, but for us big guys the front of the board comes to about the bottom of our knees, and the back is under our shoulder blades. You might want to make the board a little bigger, but I'd stop near the middle of the calf. This also allows the kid to grow into the board.

You are looking for something like a 60/40 weight distribution, with 60 percent of the weight up front. For me that means my butt is just behind the front truck (when I sit down I like to see the four bolts)

You might want to just run a regular deck as well. If you are building your own, I'd probably narrow it, but not too much, 8-10 inches wide. 160s would probably be fine. And taking some turning out of the back hangar would be good.

How old is the other? I believe Asheigh Cayer started out on a regular sized Lott when she was about 10. It was more of a luge for her, and she grew into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a thirteen year old that could easily share a full size Lott with me and boys that that are growing. I would not mind having a real one I could enjoy and use as a template and a gauge for sizing smaller boards. Does Lott sell them or anyone else?
    Thanks for the input, helps out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Board Rider 1975 View Post
    I have a thirteen year old that could easily share a full size Lott with me and boys that that are growing. I would not mind having a real one I could enjoy and use as a template and a gauge for sizing smaller boards. Does Lott sell them or anyone else?
    Thanks for the input, helps out.

Contact Borto here on the fish, He sales blanks or shape decks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand - longboard in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, Yeaa Haaa What A Ride!!!

PMC

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS