ADVERTISEMENT

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Definitive Slide Gloves Thread

Hey guys, my palm/wrist protectors got really messed up when I was slidi8ng with them yesterday. Instead of buying slide gloves, I want to make my own too!. But I have a question.

I like the look of football gloves. Would they be alright to use as slide gloves?
    Sports Authority - Gloves: Receiver Gloves: Under Armour Blitz Adult WR/RB Receiver Gloves

I just don't know of an adhesive would work because the glove I posted is meant for receivers so they have alot of grip. And it isn't normal grip, its like this sleek shiny surface thing.

Any help?

EDIT: I dont do any extreme sliding. I'm new so I only do colemans.

EDITEDIT: Alright i just finished making them! I just have to wait 24 hours for the adhesive to become full strength before I go try them out. My old ones are in the middle.
    Last edited by DoublexEdge; 08-19-2008 at 05:40 PM.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and then Goldilocks said, "these Baby Bear gloves are sick, SICK!"

3 pairs, Dad, girl and boy (momma bear don't slide - yet.) The kids are 8 and 5, they don't really do tricks yet, but their style is most excellent. Crouching, touching the road as they turn... makes the old man smile!

Industrial velcro, cheap cutting board, Gorilla glue where things start falling off. The jigsaw cuts this stuff like butter, utility knife cuts the velcro and takes the edge off the pucks easily.

My gloves are $1.79 walmart rags, don't buy these, they were decomposing after a day and a half. I gave away my much dirtier yet better ones. I saw some really nice fitting "rancher" gloves or some such thing at wally's, $12.00, I want 'em. Get decent fit and rugged, you'll appreciate it.

Kids gloves were barely more money, way better. 5 bucks ish.

Velcro cuff link - I dunno, trying things.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sociable View Post
    I might but I don't want to put a full 2x2" square and I'm having trouble cutting it (this stuff is hard as sh*t!!). Reccomendations?
    I had the same trouble you can either heat it up and then use a jig saw or use an angle/table grinder, the grinder actually worked better in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else tried West G-flex epoxy for corian gloves? Mine work
    great. For the thumbs, I just brushed on a couple of coats of the G-flex alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to Lowes today, didnt have any Corsair samples, I did manage to skief some 4x4 chunks of some material of countertop, not corsair though. I just opened up the cabinet below the display, I'm sure they're not really samples though but if no one stops you.........

So I went to Home Depot and found the free samples, got to take all I wanted, 8 2x2"

thanks for the tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Re: The Definitive Slide Gloves Thread

ok so the first pic is what i wanted and the second is what i got . the palms and fingers of the glove is some sort or rubber grip and i'm just using some plastic cutting board. i tried some 2 part apoxy that said "works with rubber" right on the damn bottle. and it didn't work so i tried the blow torch method aaannd it didn't work. any tips for me, velcro is my last resort but i would like not to have to use it
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King-ofSst View Post
    ok so the first pic is what i wanted and the second is what i got . the palms and fingers of the glove is some sort or rubber grip and i'm just using some plastic cutting board. i tried some 2 part apoxy that said "works with rubber" right on the damn bottle. and it didn't work so i tried the blow torch method aaannd it didn't work. any tips for me, velcro is my last resort but i would like not to have to use it
    hey man I would just get some Corian samples for free from Home Depot like most people do, really simple and then you just get some industrial velcro (the white kind) and adhere the velcro onto the sample. I added a little gorilla glue to mine for extra stick.

But if you really want to use cutting board for whatever reason, I would just go with velcro because it will make it alot easier to replace the pucks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eMximeR View Post
    hey man I would just get some Corian samples for free from Home Depot like most people do, really simple and then you just get some industrial velcro (the white kind) and adhere the velcro onto the sample. I added a little gorilla glue to mine for extra stick.

But if you really want to use cutting board for whatever reason, I would just go with velcro because it will make it alot easier to replace the pucks
    ok cool peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eMximeR View Post

i did it yay... they fit great i didnt do gorilla glue yet i will if i need to thx man

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question, guys. Should I put the hooks or the loops of the velcro on the gloves? I was thinking loops...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made my gloves with no tools and for less than five bucks. My uncle's an architect so I get unlimited corian supplies without looking like a thief, but like everyone says, you could just go to home depot and grab some samples. I used the half inch thic samples that aren't beveled. I took them into my garage and scraped the corners agains the concrete floor to round them a little bit. I went to Hobby Lobby and got some industrial velcro, put the hookss on the glove, no glue needed. I put the loops on the corian because the loops don't need to be industrial strength and are more likely to need to be replaced, like the pucks. It's just a 4x4 square puck on a 2-dollar set of work gloves right now, but I'm going to add some of those little things they put on chair legs on the fingers. I don't use my fingers to slide already, so I'm really just trying to keep them from wearing through over time while still being able to pick up my board. If I added too much duct tape, it would be difficult to hold my board with one hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just picked up some Tactics Haylar palm pucks in the shwag draw at the Fairfax Outlaw. Gimmie a few days for a review, but they seem pretty sick. I might have to trade in my 2x2 corian finger pucks for some 1.5x1.5 delrin, but all in good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by holikujak View Post
    silverfish longboarding = not a serious website about longboarding, stop trying to make it one, nobody takes anything seriously here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just made these today. The corian seems to work very well, even though i just took them for a small test run. I had to mix and match the colors cus they didnt have much selection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These babies will be ready next week!

go bv!
    BLACKVELVETSLIDEPUCKS.COM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just hit up home depot and bought some work gloves, velcro, and free corian samples slapped together my slide gloves and they worked great, but after a few runs the velcro came off of the fabric of the gloves, to try and remedy this i slightly melted the backside of the velcro and stuck it back on the gloves, right now theyre sitting under a table to ensure it sticks, taking them out tomorow to make sure they work before my trip this weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

went to home depot actually had to say i was remodeling my kitchen to get corian samples, she was on to me though. need to get some gloves, probably going to lowes to get the gloves so i can get some more samples too. how did u guys find the 4x4 samples?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick and dirty glue + pressure technique:
    1- neoprene glue on bothe sides
    2- mix and match then separate the glove and the pucks
    3- wait
    4- wait some more (10, 20, 30 minutes)
    5- assemble
    6- put the glove in front of your car wheels
    7- roll over and wait 1 night
    8- Shazam !
    Call in anytime at http://sakaroule.blogspot.com
    and leave your comment !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood21 View Post
    just hit up home depot and bought some work gloves, velcro, and free corian samples slapped together my slide gloves and they worked great, but after a few runs the velcro came off of the fabric of the gloves, to try and remedy this i slightly melted the backside of the velcro and stuck it back on the gloves, right now theyre sitting under a table to ensure it sticks, taking them out tomorow to make sure they work before my trip this weekend

Did you wait 24 hours to let the adhesive set? And did you use industrial strength velcro? Both of these are crucial sets and failure could lead to glove epic fail
    Legendary Longboards

Go Green Longboarding.com/forum

BEES KNEES SKATHLETICS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benmasters View Post
    went to home depot actually had to say i was remodeling my kitchen to get corian samples, she was on to me though. need to get some gloves, probably going to lowes to get the gloves so i can get some more samples too. how did u guys find the 4x4 samples?
    At my home depot they are in the same drawer as the 2x2 samples, although there were maybe 4 or 5 big ones, and like a hundred little ones, i had to dig to find em
    Legendary Longboards

Go Green Longboarding.com/forum

BEES KNEES SKATHLETICS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh well i didnt find em. there were only small ones and brick sized ones. should i use gorilla glue to attach the velcro to the glove or is it not neccesary?

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS