ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default need a board to learn on CHEAP!

yeah erm i would like to start longboarding i had tryed skateboarding and it was just too much work to push over and over and over and over.... and as im looking for a commuteing cruiseing and getting from a to b and having fun while doing it kinda thing and i would like to buy a very cheap board just to learn on as my budget is very low as i am only 14 but im starting work in the summer when im 15 so il be able to afford a good dervish or somthing of the like what i am looking at buying is the

Extreme Effervescent Complete Longboard

i know all you normal longboarders are tearing your hair out reading this as i know the build and parts will be crapper then whats in my toilet but this is just if i dont get into the boarding scene i wouldnt of spent to much money
    i have found one for £30 with free shipping and its in the uk so it looks like a steal on the shipping scene at least so erm

should i buy and or if i do what should i do to learn?
    i am hoping to cruise a area called southend which is a 3 mile long flat coastline so please reply

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: need a board to learn on CHEAP!

Quote Originally Posted by southend surfer View Post
    yeah erm i would like to start longboarding i had tryed skateboarding and it was just too much work to push over and over and over and over.... and as im looking for a commuteing cruiseing and getting from a to b and having fun while doing it kinda thing and i would like to buy a very cheap board just to learn on as my budget is very low as i am only 14 but im starting work in the summer when im 15 so il be able to afford a good dervish or somthing of the like what i am looking at buying is the

Extreme Effervescent Complete Longboard

i know all you normal longboarders are tearing your hair out reading this as i know the build and parts will be crapper then whats in my toilet but this is just if i dont get into the boarding scene i wouldnt of spent to much money
    i have found one for £30 with free shipping and its in the uk so it looks like a steal on the shipping scene at least so erm

should i buy and or if i do what should i do to learn?
    i am hoping to cruise a area called southend which is a 3 mile long flat coastline so please reply
    what do you mean by learn? and why dervish not to discourage you from buying but isnt it a bit pricey for a first board?
    and i would not buy the effevrscent board ,its like buying a skateboard from wal-mart skate like crap feel like crap and break easy(i know from personal exprience) try the landyachtz pocketknife of the os derringer both good boards
    Last edited by DARider; 02-02-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DARider View Post
    what do you mean by learn?
    well i skatedboarded for a while but never really got into it as it was very labor intensive
    i have never longboarded and i was never good on the skateboard in the first place so i could push but nothing more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i skatedboarded for a while but never really got into it as it was very labor intensive
    i have never longboarded and i was never good on the skateboard in the first place so i could push but nothing more
    Why do you want to longobard?
    its not that labor intensive.
    San Luis Obispo CA 805!

SuperModel: Indy 215's: BigZig 77mm 78a(pink): Super reds: Sabre F and X bushings

They named it san diego which in german means a whales V*gina: Anchor man is the best!

Lol lmao rofl, were all cool in 6th grade not anymore
    Garages are were its at! And if the cops come run like HELL!
    360 COD? ask for gamer tag ill get you to 60 on zombies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats true pushing on a sk8 board is a pain but trust me if you get one of the ones mentioned above you will love it i know i did

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.eastbilt.com/long_old_school.htm

that will do you some good they make quality products.

And when you do get a better board you don't need to get a dervish it's too pricey since you're gonna be low on money alot so go cheaper. Get a earthwing supermodel when you do there's others too but for your 1st the eastbilt are great boards
    Sodahead.

SENSEI STICKERS.
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bry129 View Post
    Long Boards

that will do you some good they make quality products.

And when you do get a better board you don't need to get a dervish it's too pricey since you're gonna be low on money alot so go cheaper. Get a earthwing supermodel when you do there's others too but for your 1st the eastbilt are great boards
    eastbilt seems great and cheap one problem though i live in the uk and they do not ship to other countrys :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eastbilt seems great and cheap one problem though i live in the uk and they do not ship to other countrys :/
    this board may be a bit pricey for you but...try the bustin cigar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend got a mindless hunter and he didnt regret it he can now slide which is what he learnt to do on his hunter it costs £80 but it got him from a to b and it doesnt feel the best to ride but its really budget and good for practice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd hand all the way dude. Get on the lush forums or longboard-sessions and see if anyone has some good gear going chea. I buy almost all my stuff 2nd hand, easy to find something good if you watch for a week or 2.
    Longboard-Sessions.co.uk - UK Longboarding

Canterballs-Longboarding.co.uk - Shredding near Canterbury

DangerousDecks.co.uk - lifting the gloom from an increasingly restricted, post finacial-apocalypse Britain

UrsusIllustration.com - Hand painted atire est. 1984

Heretic Trucks - Question everything you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah my bad man I didn't put that into account I'm on an app so it doesn't say where you're from. And I didn't notice the money sign
    Sodahead.

SENSEI STICKERS.
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second the motion on the hunter because thats what Im using now! Its good to learn on but I recommend changing the wheels and maybe the bearings. its a good board to learn with and its pretty cost effective. You can pick them up at most 2seasons around the uk like in cambridge and reading or go to Home page - Longboards UK Just my $0.02 Or just make a shlongboard if your desperate or bored. Either way There both pretty good ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would check out gravity boards. They are cheap and great. Or landyachtz or any of those big names.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS