ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default SCOTLAND - scene and spots

Hi guys. I'm a longboarder and journo, currently working on a road trippy magazine article about the Scottish longboarding scene. I want to make sure I'm not missing any characters out along the way so, if you're involved in longboarding in our hilly wee country, then PM me and tell me where you are. I'll come get a word with you and share some MacStoke. There surely must be more than six of us..

And, if anyone out there knows of some sweet Scottish longboarding hills, I'd like to hear about them too.

Dave

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SCOTLAND - scene and spots

hi Flandan there is a few hills near me in grampian what about where you are? and to every body else in scotland, 43 poeple has lokked at this post thats a posible 43 hills to bomb! how cool would it be if we found a hidden gem and all hooked up to bomb it like an organised jam! come on guys get posting lets get the scottish board scene gathering some momentum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SCOTLAND - scene and spots

Quote Originally Posted by Flandan View Post
    Hi guys. I'm a longboarder and journo, currently working on a road trippy magazine article about the Scottish longboarding scene. I want to make sure I'm not missing any characters out along the way so, if you're involved in longboarding in our hilly wee country, then PM me and tell me where you are. I'll come get a word with you and share some MacStoke. There surely must be more than six of us..

And, if anyone out there knows of some sweet Scottish longboarding hills, I'd like to hear about them too.

Dave
    hey dave, skeggsy here from edinburgh.i'm a snowboarder of some 7 years and found longboarding whilst in australia in feb.
    after coming a cropper decided to stay away from downhilling.
    into cruising and carving. if the weathers right i like to strut ma stuff on the coast. seafield to joppa etc.
    then there was seven

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeggsy View Post
    hey dave, skeggsy here from edinburgh.i'm a snowboarder of some 7 years and found longboarding whilst in australia in feb.
    after coming a cropper decided to stay away from downhilling.
    into cruising and carving. if the weathers right i like to strut ma stuff on the coast. seafield to joppa etc.
    then there was seven
    Hi Skeggsy. Sorry I missed this post when you first stuck it up mate. Been all over the place recently. Definitely hook up next time I'm your way. Used to skate along the esplanade at Joppa when I was a kid.
    Cheers
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flandan View Post
    Hi Skeggsy. Sorry I missed this post when you first stuck it up mate. Been all over the place recently. Definitely hook up next time I'm your way. Used to skate along the esplanade at Joppa when I was a kid.
    Cheers
    Dave
    I skate around Portobello/sea front when kids allow me to get out, so would be good to hook up sometime as getting bored with just saying hello to dog walkers in the park. One hill been meaning to try is the Innocent Railway as its prity smooth and got that 500m tunnel section. It runs gently downhill (althouth maybe not enough to not push) all the way from the centre to just outside joppa

Post Thanks / Like

Hey folks - just signed up with the 'fish.

We used to ride the Innocent Railway tunnel before they shut the gates at the top. Now you can't get the roll into it that you need for the speed. If the wind was in the right direction it would act like a wind tunnel and could give you 30mph+ through it - happy days!. It does get pretty wet though as its below the ground.

Neil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longboardscotland View Post
    Hey folks - just signed up with the 'fish.

We used to ride the Innocent Railway tunnel before they shut the gates at the top. Now you can't get the roll into it that you need for the speed. If the wind was in the right direction it would act like a wind tunnel and could give you 30mph+ through it - happy days!. It does get pretty wet though as its below the ground.

Neil
    Yeah see what you mean about the gates, cycled through it on Monday and it was damp in places but alot better lit and drier than I rember it being a few years ago. Other obvious spot would be Arthurs seat on a sunday when its closed to cars but can't remember how smooth it is, funny how longboarding make you look at tarmac in a different light

Post Thanks / Like

Arthur's Seat's ok as long as you have big,soft wheels and the wind isn't blowing up the hill - its pretty good when its behind you. I did 5 runs on it one afternoon last week when it was shut for the work on the crags and my legs were shaking for the rest of the day - its pretty rough and that was with Avilas! Check out YouTube - longboardscotland's Channel and you'll see some more of our spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 投资咨询顾问34

Quote Originally Posted by 080903k View Post
    投资咨询顾问投资咨询顾问主要是因应通货膨胀逐年攀升,存款利率仍处低档,个人的资产已经没有办法像上一代以存款利息增值,享受高利 息的庇荫,反而会因市场与环境的不定因素而快速变化缩水。许多人在年轻时付出大部分时间与努力,以求足够的 生活开销、退休后也希望有足够财力以确保往后的稳定生活;但现今投资管道多元、投资环境也在急遽变化,资产 的规划对一般大众来说像是一门高深学问,对于没有投资概念的人而言,常不知如何选择适合的投资 商品,投资咨询顾问他会帮你分析解决你常中短期投资问题法律公司法大律师公司是中国政法大学于1985年组建的大型综合性律师公司,是目前全国规模最大、聚集法学专家、教 授最多的律师公司。法律公司从业律师由中国最高法学教育中心———中国政法大学的法学专家、教授及具有硕士以上学历的专兼 职律师组成。
    something about the generation of high speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by inluvwithsara View Post
    I ocasionaly would get mocked for riding a longboard in a park, a brave kid would approch me to mock me to my face...I would simply remove my left glove and point at my wedding band and state "After I get done skating here, I am going home to have sex with my wife, what are your cool little kids doing?"
    "No such thing as pain, it's just a distraction from getting on with it"

I Support The Fish
    Addicted Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like

i am also here, needing anything give me a shout!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: SCOTLAND - scene and spots

neer aberdeen in findon and parts of portlethen there is some fun hills. i will admit not all of them a very long and not easy to find but if you go to findon you should be able to find a few as it is a small place.
    there is also a new development of houses near portlethen:LEATHEN FEILDS.
    there are about three main spots here: two are big long hills ,one has a spped camera at the bottom under neath a tonel if uyou wantto find out how fast you are going, the other is quieter and has a slightly bumpier road but is still ridable ( this one is beter for sliding because of the lack of cars. Thte third spot is a ramp that joins the two to gether but turns tighly around in a snake type fashion: ths can be good fun to slide as it is smooth and quiet.

if u want to find out more just e-mail me on:
    ski4life@hotmail.co.uk

and i will try to reply as soonas posible.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS