ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How much should Randal COMP II's 186mm hangers 35degree base plates be in the uk?

has anyone got an idea of how much should Randal COMP II's 186mm hangers 35degree base plates should retail for in the uk?
    I am trying to order some and have has some really big quotes back think the suppliers are making a big much on it. In the U.S they reatil for $200 so thats around £140 i shipping to the u.k under a business should not be £60 surely?

Any one got any suggestions?

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How much should Randal COMP II's 186mm hangers 35degree base plates be in the uk?

Bugger, can you not get them in the UK? Try ringing up Octane Sport or Apollo11, both of them carry Randals and might be able to get you some comp2s in rather than you having to pay mega bucks from America.
    Longboard-Sessions.co.uk - UK Longboarding

Canterballs-Longboarding.co.uk - Shredding near Canterbury

DangerousDecks.co.uk - lifting the gloom from an increasingly restricted, post finacial-apocalypse Britain

UrsusIllustration.com - Hand painted atire est. 1984

Heretic Trucks - Question everything you know

Lord of the Ban Hammer I Support The Fish
    Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How much should Randal COMP II's 186mm hangers 35degree base plates be in the uk?

It would probably be easier if you got them from a US shop instead....
    Unless you`re planning on using them on a luge, you could easily do much better for the price IMO, check out this thread: http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...us-trucks.html

$175 for the hangars, buy a set of Randal 42`s or Bear 40`s baseplates and you`re good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blix View Post
    It would probably be easier if you got them from a US shop instead....
    Unless you`re planning on using them on a luge, you could easily do much better for the price IMO, check out this thread: http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...us-trucks.html

$175 for the hangars, buy a set of Randal 42`s or Bear 40`s baseplates and you`re good to go.
    Yes. Comps are only useful if you have a bearing seize. They offer the protection of a floating axle that will keep spinning in case this happens. Unlikely if you maintain yo Chit. As far as I know, there is no speed improvement. If I'm wrong, please correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post
    I hella love me some rap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone I know with comps says they are a pain in the arse.
    No advantage at all from the floating axle. Heavy, takes ages to set up/change wheels. ugly. and expensive.
    I would choose a different truck.

OLFuhrer Concrete Kahuna mcgoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're also pretty usefully if you bend an axel (easily replaced), or if you want to run 186s without dropping the moolah on Kahas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rivers View Post
    Everyone I know with comps says they are a pain in the arse.
    No advantage at all from the floating axle. Heavy, takes ages to set up/change wheels. ugly. and expensive.
    I would choose a different truck.
    i want them as race trucks not for every day cursing, you really think that about them, even for racing i have heard they are very stable and turn really well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan.U.K View Post
    i want them as race trucks not for every day cursing, you really think that about them, even for racing i have heard they are very stable and turn really well
    Mike what truck would you recomend for downhill then? in the same sort of price range? I am entering some the the world cup races this year, and have been dealing with a shop about these trucks for about 2months.

What would you recomend? I'm riding a EVO and a drop through spooky?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Comp-II's big advantage is that the bearings run cooler over long runs. In other trucks this heat can build up, and cause the bearing seats in the wheel hub to weaken and fail (krypto, loaded, etc...)

If you can't find them at a good price in the UK, try a US shop or the Randal website.
    -Michael

Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buy some maguns

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karrot View Post
    buy some maguns
    yea but magun are very expensive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jam on some Randal 42 on that drop through spooky, it's epic! (Although I have no ridden in any world cup races, doing Eastbourne this year though!). And just some regular 35s with 180 hangars on the evo or 42/35 back/front. Zoom!
    Longboard-Sessions.co.uk - UK Longboarding

Canterballs-Longboarding.co.uk - Shredding near Canterbury

DangerousDecks.co.uk - lifting the gloom from an increasingly restricted, post finacial-apocalypse Britain

UrsusIllustration.com - Hand painted atire est. 1984

Heretic Trucks - Question everything you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gavmck View Post
    Jam on some Randal 42 on that drop through spooky, it's epic! (Although I have no ridden in any world cup races, doing Eastbourne this year though!). And just some regular 35s with 180 hangars on the evo or 42/35 back/front. Zoom!
    Wicked man eastbourne is a cool weekend. I did it last year on a random homemade deck with some holeys with red carving bushing in and on avalanches. Got total hooked. Have had my holeys with Race bushing on the drop spooky up to 58mph but it right on the limit, and i need to get new trucks for this season as i'm doing all of the european races, am registered for france but need to get cash to register for the rest. Plus the cash to buy the new trucks!!
    Look forward to seeing you on the hill man

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by breamo View Post
    The Comp-II's big advantage is that the bearings run cooler over long runs. In other trucks this heat can build up, and cause the bearing seats in the wheel hub to weaken and fail (krypto, loaded, etc...)

If you can't find them at a good price in the UK, try a US shop or the Randal website.
    breamo how do you rate them as downhill competion trucks go? You think they are as good or better than the bear smokeys? considering that i'm riding a evo?

Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lush Spooky is similar enough to a Rayne Hellcat, and it would rock with a 35/50 or 35/42 Randal setup. You`d be fine with the regular R-II hangars IMO.

Order of the 'Fish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh Evo, then you`d want 35/35, what`s it designed for.

Embrace Danger. Shinobo Sukebo Mile_High_Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blix View Post
    Ugh Evo, then you`d want 35/35, what`s it designed for.
    In my experience, 35(front)/50(rear) works best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan.U.K View Post
    breamo how do you rate them as downhill competion trucks go? You think they are as good or better than the bear smokeys? considering that i'm riding a evo?
    "How" they ride is opinion. But I can say that we've been making trucks for 32 years now, and there is no other truck company out there with as many options/baseplates etc...

The Comp-II's aren't faster, just safer and stronger. The axles in the Comp series are ridiculously strong, and they are precision stone ground so they are a true 8mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile_High_Mark View Post
    In my experience, 35(front)/50(rear) works best.
    +1
    -Michael

Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Re: How much should Randal COMP II's 186mm hangers 35degree base plates be in the uk?

would you say that it is wise to get spare axles? for crashes and kerb dings? I undersatnd that the truck wouldn't be faster as such as that is down to the skater to take the best line, the smallest tuck, and have the balls to brake last!
    But you would say that they are very good trucks to ride with a evo? and of course the interchagable nature of them makes them very flexable.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS